IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Awesome, so you agree that all the posting here is for the sake of venting and extending the drama for this loving community.

Nope.

While I'm sure some people are just venting, I believe many of these posts are intended to put public pressure on those involved. Drama or not, it bumps the post and publicly highlights that there are ongoing unresolved issues and uncompensated parties. Readers of the thread may be interested in the progress and outcome, particularly in considering future business, partnership, and/or purchases from those involved. I don't think it's accurate or fair to label all of these posts as vengeful mobbery.

Yep.

• Like 2

Parties who have not received a refund likely feel "involved". As one of those yet to receive a refund (I placed my order relatively late, some time in June 2013), it's immensely frustrating to see a few new pages pop up on this thread -- daring to hope that a new progress report on either the release or the state of refunds has come along -- only to wade through more pointless trolling.

• Like 4

Hey J... you aren't funny. :(

This thread has descended to the dirt and has ceased to have any useful information. No wonder Groovybee doesn't even mind answer here with this level of "jokes".

It should be locked and another thread opened only to have a list of people waiting for refunds.

The useful information is from the ones saying they still haven't gotten refunds.

Those people aren't making supposed jokes, either.. pretty much just the one saying that getting ripped off is drama.

• Like 3

My main concern is that the public knows to never give this guy 1 more cent for anything in the future.

My second concern is everyone left is refunded.

I think the best thing would be to start gathering a list of those still in need of a refund....be it here or a new thread. Then it could be bumped with updates of anybody who actually does get a refund so the rest can see if any progress is made.

1. stupus

2. Intvsteve

3. Utopia

4. Ignorama

5. Scalpel

6. Gunoz

7. Soulbuster

8. Inframan

9. Mojotv67

Etc

And just because groovy is not here doesn't mean he doesn't see the posts. He should be forced to keep thinking about what he has done till he makes it right.

And dz, you are the main source of drama here. You love to stir the turd and your posts are the truly pointless ones. That saddens me to see from someone I respect.

Edited by stupus
  • Like 2

My main concern is that the public knows to never give this guy 1 more cent for anything in the future.

My second concern is everyone left is refunded.

I think the best thing would be to start gathering a list of those still in need of a refund....be it here or a new thread. Then it could be bumped with updates of anybody who actually does get a refund so the rest can see if any progress is made.

1. stupus

Etc

And just because groovy is not here doesn't mean he doesn't see the posts. He should be forced to keep thinking about what he has done till he makes it right.

And dz, you are the main source of drama here. You love to stir the turd and your posts are the truly pointless ones. That saddens me to see from someone I respect.

:). Happy to help.

So I believe what DZ is saying is for those that were not refunded accept that you blatantly got ripped off and move on with your lives!

And for anyone who has forgotten,the half cut version of Hovver Bovver came about after Groovy took the $4000. that was paid him to program the game by Elektronite and stole that too.

Let's all just forget it and move on.

So I believe what DZ is saying is for those that were not refunded accept that you blatantly got ripped off and move on with your lives!

And for anyone who has forgotten,the half cut version of Hovver Bovver came about after Groovy took the $4000. that was paid him to program the game by Elektronite and stole that too.

Let's all just forget it and move on.

In a nutshell. :)

Although I would add that it seems people are still getting their refunds, so whoever still has hope for that can happily wait and, if they desire, try to get a hold of GroovyBee directly. (Godspeed, padawan! :o )

There is already a TON of visibility on this incident, and keeping lists and posting "are we there yet?" serves little purpose.

The only purpose, as some have mentioned already, is to reiterate how bad the situation is for them and how bad GroovyBee has been. But do we really need that every other week? It's just then drama for the sake of drama.

Personally, I would be willing to refund myself those who feel most hurt by this just to stop the drama-train.

(No, seriously, if it would shut you up and help you move on with your life, send me a PM and I'll happily do so.). :)

dZ.

I know what he is saying. He was refunded by his buddy so he has no stake in this. He can't defend anymore so he has moved to poking fun. Whatever makes him happy :captain eyeroll:

Edit: hey dz, if you want to refund me for groovy I am happy to take it.

I believe he would refund you as he has already, but i don't think he will refund me.

Edited by stupus

I know what he is saying. He was refunded by his buddy so he has no stake in this. He can't defend anymore so he has moved to poking fun. Whatever makes him happy :captain eyeroll:

Oh I do have a stake in this, I am part of this community and it pains me to see it divided -- but divided it is. And as long as this continued to be viewed as "them vs. us" I don't see that changing.

I defend GroovyBee's attempt to refund everybody. It's not just "his buddy," for many people have already received their refunds, even a bunch who have criticize and vilified GroovyBee; so that's a strawman.

As others have suggested, it's a big chunk of change, and although it's his own fault, still I think that a reasonable attempt has been made.

Or so it seems. It could be that he's done and kept the rest and everyone else has to suck it up. But we already knew that several years ago, when it was apparent that the games were not coming, so what changed?

In any case, try to contact him by all means or wait happily for your refund if you'd like; but it seems silly to keep on bashing the thing here.

• Like 1

Edit: hey dz, if you want to refund me for groovy I am happy to take it.

I believe he would refund you as he has already, but i don't think he will refund me.

Sure. Send me a PM with the details. :)

By the way, that'll be out of my pocket. There's no involvement from GroovyBee at all. I don't mind.

Oh I do have a stake in this, I am part of this community and it pains me to see it divided -- but divided it is. And as long as this continued to be viewed as "them vs. us" I don't see that changing.

I am sorry, I do not see the community as being divided. The community: some have received their refund, some didn't and some did not even order. But there is no division, everyone agrees it should happen, even you and GroovyBee. There is no them and us. Stop trying to make it so.

Yes. I am still waiting for a refund. No, I do not want your money. I want GroovyBee to hand that money back.

Just an FYI: You can always avoid the drama by skipping this thread. Problem solved for you, move on.

• Like 1

I am sorry, I do not see the community as being divided. The community: some have received their refund, some didn't and some did not even order. But there is no division, everyone agrees it should happen, even you and GroovyBee. There is no them and us. Stop trying to make it so.

Yes. I am still waiting for a refund. No, I do not want your money. I want GroovyBee to hand that money back.

Just an FYI: You can always avoid the drama by skipping this thread. Problem solved for you, move on.

Good luck! :). I don't mind that you paint me as the bad guy here. That's cool, whatever helps you deal with this sordid affair and go forth with your life. I'm glad I can help. :cool:

In the meantime, my offer still stands. If you can put the vindictive righteousness aside, I am willing to give you the money you lost and you can enjoy they rest of your life happy without having to have this heavy pain of loss on your mind. Really, I'll be happy to. :)

dZ.

Good luck! :). I don't mind that you paint me as the bad guy here. That's cool, whatever helps you deal with this sordid affair and go forth with your life. I'm glad I can help. :)

In the meantime, my offer still stands. If you can put the vindictive righteousness aside, I am willing to give you the money you lost and you can enjoy they rest of your life happy without having to have this heavy pain of loss on your mind. Really, I'll be happy to. :)

dZ.

I did not paint you as anything, you did that to yourself. I do not need the $80 that I paid and I do not need it to move on. I should be able to ask for that money without being called vindictive and righteous and it should come from the person I paid it to.

• Like 1

I did not paint you as anything, you did that to yourself. I do not need the $80 that I paid and I do not need it to move on. I should be able to ask for that money without being called vindictive and righteous and it should come from the person I paid it to.

Sure thing. Best of luck!

dZ.

I'd settle for a copy of Christmas Carol instead of a refund ?

• Like 1

That sounds fair,send the Hatman a new in box copy of Christmas Carol,he isn't even asking for his money back! ?

To be fair, I am not owed anything by Groovy as I was not around for the Rocketeer or Mars Minis offerings. Just thought this would be a nice option for DZ if anyone takes him up on his offer. Save him some cash for being so generous ?

To be fair, I am not owed anything by Groovy as I was not around for the Rocketeer or Mars Minis offerings. Just thought this would be a nice option for DZ if anyone takes him up on his offer. Save him some cash for being so generous

Let me see what I can do. Don't hold your breath, though. :)

One problem is that ... I've seen that movie and I know how it ends: I've given away copies in the past to some friends, only to turn around and find them eventually on eBay for big bucks.

That's why I am not very interested anymore in offering copies as personal gifts, because it just feeds an exploitative side of people which I do not condone. I have similar views about a re-release.

Let me see what I can do. Don't hold your breath, though. :)

One problem is that ... I've seen that movie and I know how it ends: I've given away copies in the past to some friends, only to turn around and find them eventually on eBay for big bucks.

That's why I am not very interested anymore in offering copies as personal gifts, because it just feeds an exploitative side of people which I do not condone. I have similar views about a re-release.

Well again, I'm not owed anything by Groovy. And if you did part with one of your remaining copies, I'd be more than happy to pay for the item. By all accounts, it is an excellent game and yes I would crack the seal and play the hell out of it!

Well again, I'm not owed anything by Groovy. And if you did part with one of your remaining copies, I'd be more than happy to pay for the item. By all accounts, it is an excellent game and yes I would crack the seal and play the hell out of it!

Send me a PM, let's work something out. :)