IGNORED

Command for delete lines

ti99iuc

Hi friends !

can someone help me to know a new thing about TI99 Basic ? :D

i looking for a command needed to delete a group of lines in a program.

example, delete all the lines from 3000 to 5000

i looking for this command on the TI Basic manual or XB manual but i do not found any...

Some Help ?

;)

... i looking for a command needed to delete a group of lines in a program.

;)

I don't think there is any official, easy way to do it in either TI Basic or TI Extended Basic. The only way I know is to type the line number followed by <enter>---certainly painful.

That said, someone surely has written a utility to do the job.

...lee

..... mmm... so i'm not so idiot because i not found how to do :D

now i feel myself better but not solve the problem...

i can't do any utility because the memory is fully used... no way... only the classic line number and enter will be the solution ;)

Thank you ! :D

Edited by ti99userclub

If you are working on Classic 99. I would recommend getting the program listing into the clipboard via LIST "CLIP".

Paste the clipboard data in any text editor on your pc. Change it to your needs, mark all and CTRL+C, now get back to Classic99 and select in a new (empty) XB instance the Classic99\Edit\Paste from XB.

Mechatronic XBII has a dedicated command for this as well if I remember right.

Edited by kl99

no guys... i must work on a real machine ! :D ... the problem is to convert a program for using with classic99.. but if i attach the PEB the program give me an error after first whistle... instead without PEB i haven't this error...

so for now i saved the program in two part... now i will merge it using classic99 ;) ... now i can ;) ..

instead about Super Extended Basic i have the cartridge but i must looking for the correct command to use :)

LOL well guys any XB that includes GKXB has all the editing commands built into it. RXB, GKXB, SXB and many others.

Here is a video of RXB that is built into Classic99 now.

Shows everything you asked and more. Editing and all the GKXB commands or features in RXB, GKXB and SXB.

Rich

LOL well guys any XB that includes GKXB has all the editing commands built into it. RXB, GKXB, SXB and many others.

Here is a video of RXB that is built into Classic99 now.

Shows everything you asked and more. Editing and all the GKXB commands or features in RXB, GKXB and SXB.

Rich

It's very interesting Rich !! :D

... but i need it on a real machine ! :D ...

could you help me about it please ?

Edited by ti99userclub

Okay, real console then:

If it's a TI Basic (non XB) program only, try loading it with Mini Memory cartridge, with this you have 4K more RAM.

or if we have to use XB:

Does the program uses files, if not you can reduce the number of maximum files to 1:

CALL FILES(1) [or CALL FILES(2) if you want to save it later]

NEW

OLD DSK1.YOURPGRM

The more info you give us (program specs...) the better we can help you.

To remove several lines at once you can use the DEL command from Super Extended Basic:

DEL

The DEL command will delete a line or group of lines from your Extended Basic program. The format is:

DEL

start line - end line

start line

and end line define the block of lines to be deleted. If start line is omitted, line deletion will begin

at the first line of the program. In this case,

end line must be preceded by a dash. If end line is omitted and

start line

is followed by a dash, then program lines from start line through the end of the program will be

deleted. At least one valid program line must exist between

start line and end line. If not, a Bad Line

Number error will result. If only one number is given, without a dash, then that one line will be deleted,

if it exists. If it does not exist, a Bad Line Number error is generated.

After the DEL command has executed any open files are closed and all variable values are lost.

Furthermore with SEB you got:

COPY start line - end line, new start line, increment

MOVE start line - end line, new start line, increment

If it's a TI Basic (non XB) program only, try loading it with Mini Memory cartridge, with this you have 4K more RAM.

or if we have to use XB:

Does the program uses files, if not you can reduce the number of maximum files to 1:

CALL FILES(1) [or CALL FILES(2) if you want to save it later]

NEW

OLD DSK1.YOURPGRM

The more info you give us (program specs...) the better we can help you

thank you, i tried but no way program do not load... i must load from a CS1... Minimemory in Basic or Call Files (1 or 2) in XB don't work... program stop to load after first long whistle...

To remove several lines at once you can use the DEL command from Super Extended Basic:

Furthermore with SEB you got:

COPY start line - end line, new start line, increment

MOVE start line - end line, new start line, increment

i'll try to remove parts and save parts for merging after in Classic99... :) ... but i can use only basic because the program can't load in XB or other... only in TI Basic withouth PEB ... LOL ... incredible...

Edited by ti99userclub

mmmm.... yes this could be a solution... but i must organiza to do it... i use an Apple usually...

Load Virtualbox and a old copy of Windows on your Mac to run Windows based programs.

I actually use VB and Win98 on my Win 7. It took me about 1/2 hour to set it up. Runs real fast too. It actually runs my DOS emulators faster than in DOSbox.

Edited by hloberg

Load Virtualbox and a old copy of Windows on your Mac to run Windows based programs.

I actually use VB and Win98 on my Win 7. It took me about 1/2 hour to set it up. Runs real fast too. It actually runs my DOS emulators faster than in DOSbox.

VirtualBox... yes, i will try... thank you ;)

You should run Virtual PC or VM Ware to run Windows on a Apple unless you have a Intel Mac like I do.

I run OS X, Windows 8, Windows 7 with each on a 1 TB drive. My last drive is a backup for Documents and Music/Video.

I run VM Ware on my Windows 8 and run several computers under that can run all the Emulators for the TI.

I never have used Mess for the Apple, but should give it a shot someday.

I mostly use Classic99 on Windows 7 the most.

Rich

You should run Virtual PC or VM Ware to run Windows on a Apple unless you have a Intel Mac like I do.

I run OS X, Windows 8, Windows 7 with each on a 1 TB drive. My last drive is a backup for Documents and Music/Video.

I run VM Ware on my Windows 8 and run several computers under that can run all the Emulators for the TI.

I never have used Mess for the Apple, but should give it a shot someday.

I mostly use Classic99 on Windows 7 the most.

Rich

Rich,

Do you happen to have the Xcode tools installed on your Mac?

I'd like to get a build of MESS for Darwin but it requires compiling. Last time I tried to install Xcode it broke something so, I'm hesitant to try it right now. No one seems to have a current downloadable binary for OS X. And MESS performs poorly under Parallels. But, that could be do to my ancient Mac.

Also, are you running VMware ESXi or Workstation/Fusion?

-Dano

Rich,

Do you happen to have the Xcode tools installed on your Mac?

I'd like to get a build of MESS for Darwin but it requires compiling. Last time I tried to install Xcode it broke something so, I'm hesitant to try it right now. No one seems to have a current downloadable binary for OS X. And MESS performs poorly under Parallels. But, that could be do to my ancient Mac.

Also, are you running VMware ESXi or Workstation/Fusion?

-Dano

Like I said I have not used Mess. But I run on Windows 8 VM Ware Workstation of a IBM 300 PL and a Pentium 4 2Ghz for my emulators under 98SE and XP.

You can pick up a copy of Vitual PC off many pirate sites as it is no longer supported but works fine. (Mine is legit from MS as a Beta tester)

Rich