IGNORED

Season 6 Round 14 - Q*bert's Qubes

Ikrananka

My cart freezes up sometimes too - have no idea why.

Ok, now that we have verification that a real Q*bert's Qubes cartridge freezes up as well, now we need to know what you are using to play the cartridge...

:arrow: a stock (original) U.S. Coleco, French/Canadian Coleco, U.K. CBS, French CBS or a European CBS ColecoVision

:arrow: a modified CV system and which version from the list above, ALSO, what mods were done and by whom

:arrow: an Expansion Module #3 ADAM with one of the above CV units

:arrow: a Stand-Alone ADAM Computer with built-in CV

:arrow: a Dina 2-in-1 (aka TeleGames Personal Arcade)

:arrow: or another CV clone

As much detail as you can possibly provide.

214,820 This game locked up on me aswell. Two other games this evening also, once at 47k, another time at 75k. Im using stock/original colecovision and the cartridge. It's always done this, even years ago. Other pic shows game from awhile back, over 700k, and sadly it locked up too.

post-34612-0-69645700-1361923687_thumb.jpg

post-34612-0-51657600-1361923820_thumb.jpg

My lockups have occurred using a rom image in all of the following:

Virtual ADAM

ADAM standalone

ColecoVision with Yurkie A/V mod

There is absolutely no consistency to when or where the lockups occur. I've had it happen a few seconds into the game and all the way through Level 5. And it seems maybe 50% of the plays...maybe a little less now. The longest I've gone without it happening is eight straight games. I played six times this morning with no lockups.

Ok, now that we have verification that a real Q*bert's Qubes cartridge freezes up as well, now we need to know what you are using to play the cartridge...

:arrow: a stock (original) U.S. Coleco, French/Canadian Coleco, U.K. CBS, French CBS or a European CBS ColecoVision

:arrow: a modified CV system and which version from the list above, ALSO, what mods were done and by whom

:arrow: an Expansion Module #3 ADAM with one of the above CV units

:arrow: a Stand-Alone ADAM Computer with built-in CV

:arrow: a Dina 2-in-1 (aka TeleGames Personal Arcade)

:arrow: or another CV clone

As much detail as you can possibly provide.

214,820 This game locked up on me aswell. Two other games this evening also, once at 47k, another time at 75k. Im using stock/original colecovision and the cartridge. It's always done this, even years ago. Other pic shows game from awhile back, over 700k, and sadly it locked up too.

Now that we know a stock U.S. CV system was being used with an original cartridge and that more than one person is experiencing these lock-up issues. I'd say we can now safely state that the game is indeed the culprit here. I was a little concerned that this issue could have been caused by using a Modifed CV BIOS, but thankfully that is not the case.

Q*Bert's Qubes - 349,705

post-9212-0-61483700-1362294031_thumb.png

Getting much better at the bonus rounds, but Level 6 has me confounded!!!

I've figured out a way to do it, but I can never think fast enough to pull it off and just wind up jumping around a lot mostly because of the Shoobops....

Edited by jblenkle