IGNORED

Arcade/MAME HSC Season 5.9: Centipede

Ok Great. I had it set to hard.

Last time we played it was at Hard.

So players from last year make sure you check you didswiches.

The Twingalaxies default is hard ... BTW Twingalaxies.com is now working, the scorebaord is activated.

• Like 1

post-3346-0-65349100-1362502202_thumb.png

Well, the weatherization people have been here since 8am here doing the basement, so while supervising the work, I've had plenty of time to work on this.

I use a joystick, so the BEST setting in my eyes that worked was to set the sensitivity of the analog tracks to 20 down from 50. The control is tight and it works as if I'm playing it on a 2600. So, it IS possible to use a joystick with this game.

Man, I REALLY wanted to hit 100k, but I don't think I can do it at those settings.

[edit] I forgot the machine clears high scores when I make DIP changes. :(

20130305_144316_zps2b09dd8d.jpg

Edited by racerx

Not to be a stickler, but I don't think JohnnyBlaze had all his settings correct...I wouldn't have lost my high scores if I'd kept my bonus at 10k. ;)

That's true...I didn't notice that his settings were for 10K extra lives,

Sorry, Johnny...1st post does say 12K. :(

I never played Centipede on my cabinet before. I usually don't change the settings on my cabinet.

EDIT: Yup. They were changed. Must've been my friends last night when they were playing. Anyway, I fixed the switches to default and got this:

post-3346-0-49705900-1362556584_thumb.png

I forgot to cap it when I entered it, so I reset it and captured the screen. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the mix up.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

But mouse-control is fine IMO.

Like I said earlier, just set your analog sensitivity to 20 and you should be fine enough to play. I never really played Centipede on a trackball, so I'm used to either a joystick or controller.