IGNORED

KO #2 - Round #5 - AD&D Tarmin

Waking up in the middle of the night, you find a wierd maze that you are trapped in, with Eye Balls marking entrances and exits from the interior of the maze, Wierd Power doors that won't open without a fight, and ladders without anyway to find a way out, just to plummet further and further into it's depths... Yes, there's lovely gold, silver and platinum lying around, and you can be rich, IF YOU CAN EVER FIND A WAY OUT ALIVE!

All play must be done on hardest difficulty (disc/enter start) (Life starts at 12/6), and a picture at the END is required to show the level. There WILL BE NO REDEMPTION ISLAND AS THE WINNER OF THIS WEEK'S REDEMPTION ISLAND RETURNS TO THE GAME.

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, March 31st, at Midnight Central time.

** RULE CHANGE : All players CAN advance from this game. Any score of 100 or more points will allow the player to advance. Anyone below 100 pts are in danger of being eliminated per the lowest eliminated rule. Due to this change, a BONUS will also been instituted for this game. Anyone defeating the Minotaur and winning the game on this level (picture required to claim BONUS) will be granted a FREE LIFE pass, saving said player from one elimination until the final 3. **

Remaining Players: * Bold = subject to elimination * * FINAL *

1. Oscar G - 720 - Advances
  2. Liduario - 630 - Advances
  3. darthkur - 280 - Advances
  4. WispFollower - 180 - Advances
  5. cparsley - 150 - Advances
  6. JacobZu7zu7 - 140 - Advances
  7. jblenkle - 100 - Advances
  8. patbb - 0 - Eliminated

Edited by cparsley

AD&D Tarmin - 20

post-9212-0-21483800-1364421155_thumb.png

I have no idea what I did but I finally got points!!!

You caught a treasure.

Very simple strategy:

Every time you see something in the floor, try to open it*. Either it works or not, pick it and then try to use it. * all the bold actions are commands available in one of the number keys (I guess it's the number 4).

* open it - if you have a key, it's best to try to open an item with the key in your right hand but you can open somethings without a key.

Ah, you open it? I had just tried picking things up...I thought the open command was just for opening the doors...

You caught a treasure.

Very simple strategy:

Every time you see something in the floor, try to open it*. Either it works or not, pick it and then try to use it. * all the bold actions are commands available in one of the number keys (I guess it's the number 4).

* open it - if you have a key, it's best to try to open an item with the key in your right hand but you can open somethings without a key.

Hello guys,

Yesterday I had an Epic (more than 4 hours long) go at Tarmin.

The good news is that I found the Minotaur...

The bad news is that I did not manage to kill it :(

I took a photo. The Minotaur is actually behind a wall. I found the book that permits seeing through walls. Very useful indeed.

Unfortunately, the monsters deep in the dungeon are quite powerful and the bombs concealed inside the treasure containers proved to be devastating :(

My highest score was: 720 points.

Cheers,

Oscar

post-34781-0-27817300-1364506627_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-73717500-1364506647_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I beg to differ ;) Tarmin is very enjoyable; however it has a huge learning curve. It doesn't have the pick up and play simplicity of its predecessor tough.

Great score by the way! Cheers!

Thanks but your score is the excellent one. You at least got to the Minotaur.

It's not that I dislike Tarmin but there's just so damn much to remember and manipulate at once. It was definitely a preview of things to come in the gaming world.

• Like 1

Hey Jacob,

From a quick look at your screenshots I realised that you are carrying in your bag some items that you might want to use.

For instance in the left pic you are carrying a money bag. If you press open while the bag is at your feet you can open it and then pick up the loot (of course you could also carry the money bag with you if you want to throw it at a monster in order to escape). Quite useful strategy as the key to survival in the earlier stages is to avoid fights with enemies that are stronger than you. By the way, the go back/escape button is also key for survival in earlier stages.

In the pic on the right you are carrying a ring in your bag. If you put the ring on your right hand and then press use, the ring disappears and your middle stats will go up a little bit (actually what happens is that you are wearing the ring on you). This same principle applies to the pieces of armour and helmets.

I hope this helps!

Oscar

Edited by Oscar G.