IGNORED

Any interest in a custom cart release of Gate Racer II?

Ok, I think I have enough interested people to actually do this. I have a few more loose ends to tie up, though. I need the updated label from AA user Brian O, I need to follow up with CPUWIZ, and I need to find out shipping prices to France (for Horeus) and to Germany (for Marc). It could take a while and I won't ask for any payments until I have the carts in hand. I expect the final price for USA buyers to be $25 (including shipping) for the cart only, and $37 (including shipping) for the cart+savekey for USPS priority mail. Godzilla's order of two carts would be a bit cheaper for two carts in the same box. I greatly appreciate the interest from everyone, I've never made a custom run of carts before and I'm excited about it. Assuming that everyone who's posted so far follows through with purchasing there are four more left as I want to keep one for myself.

One last question to everyone who has asked for one so far. Would anyone want these 20 carts to be hand numbered on the front or maybe signed on the back? I have a few signed carts from homebrew authors (that are much better than me!) and I always thought it was kind of cool, but I'm sure some might think quite the opposite. :) Majority rules on the "numbered" question, signed would be optional. If they're numbered they'd be given out in the same order that people posted their interest in the list below. I'd take #20.

EDIT: CPUWIZ can correct me if I'm wrong, but when I order the carts I likely need to order the savekeys from him at the same time. Once everything is in the mail from CPUWIZ to me (which may be a little while yet), the savekey option will probably be unavailable for the remaining carts, at least from me directly.

1. Horeus

2. toymailman

3. bennybingo

4. iesposta

5. kennybrooks (+SaveKey)

6. Necron99 (+SaveKey)

7. TrekMD

8. Gateway (+SaveKey)

9. Defender II (+SaveKey)

10. Smitty (+SaveKey)

11. Wonder007

12. Rick Weis

13. Godzilla

14. Godzilla (+ 1 Savekey)

15. Marc Oberhauser (sent me a PM, no post)

If you only charge $5 for Priority, you'll lose money. ;)

Ok, maybe I need to actually investigate that. I did say "I expect the price to be", I reserve the right to change it. You ship more often than I do... how much does it actually cost to ship a cart in the smallest priority mail box at the post office?

I'm in the middle of the US (in Missouri) so I typed in a zip code for California and for New York to sample the cost to both coasts. Both turned out to be $5.80 in the smallest priority mail box. It would be $23.95 USD to both France and Germany in the same box.

I'm glad this is moving forward, however I wish you could wait a couple weeks and add a bit of speech since you've already been assigned a save key location. We need more games that speak to sell AtariVox+. You are getting a Developer Vox, right?

Three left! I'm guessing it's an inside joke, CPUWIZ & ianoid. Let me know if you want one ianoid and I'll add you to the list, I wasn't sure. Necron99, let me know where you are in Canada and I'll check the shipping price. It will probably be a bit more than $5.80, which is what I'm going to be charging for US buyers. Iesposta - yes, I am getting a development Avox from golden ax. I could add speech once I figure it out, although it would require bumping it up to 8K and might make the cart cost more. Even if I don't add speech to Gate Racer I promise you will see a future release from me that includes speech. :) I'm still waiting to finish up on the label. Brian O PM'd me last week and offered to update it for me.

1. Horeus

2. toymailman

3. bennybingo

4. iesposta

6. Necron99 (+SaveKey)

7. TrekMD

8. Gateway (+SaveKey)

10. Smitty (+SaveKey)

11. Wonder007

12. Rick Weis

13. Godzilla

14. Godzilla (+ 1 Savekey)

15. Marc Oberhauser (sent me a PM, no post)

16. McCallister

Numbered and signed O Captain :-D

No problem. I'm thinking I would like to number all of them. When everything's ready to ship (could be weeks away still) I'll send a PM to everyone that asked for one about signing it, that can be a personal preference. I could sign the back of the cart with a permanent marker. CPUWIZ - I'll get in touch with you once I finalize the label details with Brian.

It looks like all 20 are spoken for now. I still need to work out the label details, I will post again when I have more information. I will plan on numbering the carts by leaving a small white box on the label for hand numbering and I'll sign the back with a sharpie if the buyer requests it. With regard to the questions above:

CPUWIZ - Yes, I'll offer standard airmail to international buyers. It's definitely cheaper. I haven't looked up how much that is yet. I also added Ian.

Godzilla - I put one of yours as #19.

Cebus Capucinis - Sorry, there's no plans for a box.

1. Horeus (signed)

2. toymailman

3. bennybingo

4. iesposta

6. Necron99 (+SaveKey)

7. TrekMD

8. Gateway (+SaveKey) (signed)

10. Smitty (+SaveKey)

11. Wonder007

12. Rick Weis

13. Godzilla (signed)

14. Marc Oberhauser (sent me a PM, no post)

15. McCallister

16. Ianoid

17. Cebus Capucinis (+ Savekey) (signed)

18. Fryman

19. Godzilla (+ 1 Savekey) (signed)

20. Atarius Maximus