IGNORED

A few Harmony questions...

IHATETHEBEARS

I only found out about the existence of this thing yesterday. And my computer knowledge and such is pretty low. I'm very ignorant on the subject. So if someone could answer me a few questions, I'd really appreciate it.

If I understand this cartridge correctly, the deluxe version comes with an SD card. And we can take that SD card out, put it into our computer, download ATARI 2600 roms, place the SD card back in the cartridge, then play the games on an actual Atari 2600 system. Is this correct?

Assuming I have that right, how exactly does the Harmony cartridge operate once we turn the system on? Do we have an onscreen display that we can use the joystick to scroll through and pick out the game we want to play?

Will the Supercharger games play on this cartridge?

Do any of the new homebrew games that use that audio vox device work on this cartridge?

If someone here is developing a homebrew game, and releases a rom so users can try it out and look for bugs, can I download those onto the SD card and play it on the Atari 2600 system also?

And are there any games that can't be played on it? Is there a size limit? I believe I read somewhere that that Boulderdash game for example cannot be played on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by IHATETHEBEARS

The BD ROM cannot be released to public anyway.

True, but I got the impression he might have been referring to the one-level "demo" ROM that Andrew had posted shortly before the full game was green-lighted for release, since Andrew had commented that BD wouldn't work on a Harmony cart. Except now that I think about it, did that comment apply to the "demo," or only to the full game? I assume the compatibility issue is related to the number of banks used by the game, versus the number of banks that Harmony supports for the 3F and 3E bankswitching schemes-- in which case that "demo" ROM should work on Harmony, right?