IGNORED

Looking for a vectrex multicart

Manoau2002

I just purchased a vectrex console yesterday. I bought 3 games with it. (Star trek, Web Wars, and Bezerk) I have heard that a couple different vectrex multicart's have been available in the past. All I have been been able to find is one that sells only a pcb. I have searched on ebay but haven't found anything. Does anyone know of a good site to acquire a complete vectrex multicart?

I would swear that I saw a Vectrex multi-cart for sale here in the past couple of days.

[EDIT]: I did, but it has been sold.

I have a VecFlash. Not sure if Richard H. is still selling those or not.

[EDIT II]: Looks like they've been discontinued. I'm pretty useless in the help department. If it weren't for helping those people who didn't know where to go on the hiking trail this morning, I'd be batting zero today.

Edited by BigO

I have a VecFlash. Not sure if Richard H. is still selling those or not.

[EDIT II]: Looks like they've been discontinued. I'm pretty useless in the help department. If it weren't for helping those people who didn't know where to go on the hiking trail this morning, I'd be batting zero today.

Yeah the vecflash seems to be the best one to buy. I will monitor ebay for awhile and hopefully one will pop up. Until then, the 72 in 1 should work well.

Edited by Manoau2002

The bare carts fit perfectly in intellivision games too. Those are very easy to find at goodwills and such. And easy to take apart (just one screw) too.

Thanks for the info. My local game store sells intellivision games relatively cheap. (and destroying an intellivision cart wouldn't bother me that much) I have a few pirated colecovision games I got off ebay that I was planning to throw away.(They look like regular colecovision cases) Would those carts work as well?

These a couple of VecFlash carts on UK ebay at the moment...price is climbing though and end in a few hours. :)

Between the vectrex and the 72 in 1 I am pretty broke right now. Hopefully in a couple months time I'll have some more money. (Maybe I'll have gotten the raise I was suppose to get two years ago)

Thanks for the info. My local game store sells intellivision games relatively cheap. (and destroying an intellivision cart wouldn't bother me that much) I have a few pirated colecovision games I got off ebay that I was planning to throw away.(They look like regular colecovision cases) Would those carts work as well?

I don't think so. The beauty of the Intellivision carts is that they are the exact same size as Vectrex -- they'll fit in the machine just right. Also, the PCB should fit in that INTV casing without modification. Look for a "Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack", as that is the most common and inexpensive game. Also, you aren't destroying--only repurposing. You can always put the INTV cart back togheter :)

..baring those couple I know that exist with anti flash code in them heh.

Interesting...

Which ones are those??

I have a VecMulti, but I haven't tried putting a lot of things on it other than the default batch that's out there yet.

Great Multi-cart tho...

desiv

The VecFlash was discontinued in favour of the VecMulti, which supports every ROM out there to my knowledge, baring those couple I know that exist with anti flash code in them heh.

Is that this multicart? http://www.vectrex.biz/

If so it looks great and its what I would have bought it but it seems to be unavailable as well.

Look for a "Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack", as that is the most common and inexpensive game. Also, you aren't destroying--only repurposing. You can always put the INTV cart back togheter :)

I found a copy of Las Vegas Poker for Intellivision for 3 dollars including shipping on ebay. It's shell will become the new home to the vectrex multicart.

Yeah, that's it..

e-mail Richard when you're ready to get one...

He'll let you know if he has any, or a new batch planned...

It's a great multi-cart.

desiv

Thanks all do that when i get some more money together. There are some cool looking homebrew vectrex roms i have found that aren't on the other multicarts.

Excellent. Enjoy your Vectrex. I got one a few months ago, and it still makes me smile. Such a cool system.

Same here, i really also like the way it looks just sitting about on the table. I'd have a VecMulti aswell if a new batch makes an apperance.

Edited by solar
  • Like 1

Same here, i really also like the way it looks just sitting about on the table. I'd have a VecMulti aswell if a new batch makes an apperance.

I contacted the seller this morning and he is hoping to make another batch in the next couple months. He said he will contact me when and if that happens. You can find his email on his site if you are interested as well.

I contacted the seller this morning and he is hoping to make another batch in the next couple months. He said he will contact me when and if that happens. You can find his email on his site if you are interested as well.

Ah good to know. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

You can use the Andrew Colemen multicart without a case. An intellivision case does not work for this particular multicart. The multicart is also to long and a little wide to fit in a vectrex case. You could make some adjustments using an exacto/hobby knife and a file to make it fit. If I buy a surplus cart in a lot I may attempt it.