IGNORED

TI99's VHS --> Mpeg2 conversion .... need Help...

ti99iuc

Hi Friends !

i have a problem and need help.

i'm converting about ten VHS with TI99 video Contents for share on internet with 99ers community but i have a problem...

i need a good VCR from USA in standard "NTSC only" (not PAL) for capture them...

some of you have one and can help me ?

i could pay shipping for Italy and return.

this is an example of the work in progress:

post-24673-0-78484300-1364639973_thumb.jpg

Someone could help me ?

Edited by ti99userclub

Hey bud... I think I have a spare VCR in storage. I'll know for sure when I get in there in a week. Perhaps I could pick one up at a second hand store for you for a couple bucks. I'll stop by one Wednesday and if I can pick one up for less than $10, I'll grab it and send it your way.

Ciro, you have to set the capture card video settings the same as the output of the VCR does. VCR typically outputs pure NTSC (3.58Mhz or 4.43Mhz) or it transform the NTSC signal into PAL (3.58Mhz or 4.43 Mhz) for better compatibiltiy.

Even if the tape is NTSC that doesn't mean that the VCR outputs pure NTSC. In the VCR manual you will find information how the VCR outputs NTSC tapes.

Do you capture via Cinch (Yellow/Red/White) or Antenna (don't do that)?

Usually in the settings you have stuff like: PAL-G/PAL-B, PAL-60, NTSC 4.43 Mhz, NTSC 3.58 Mhz, 720x480 (NTSC Output) or 720x576 (PAL Output), 25 fps or 30fps (->50/60 interlaced).

Well, in the professional studio where i gone i hoping they know how to do a captureing from VHS...

anyway they tried all the setting possible... i have not manuals for the VCR... and no other VCR to try...

i tried to capture via SCART and Cinch... on TV i see in Color and in Capturing i see in BW... all settings and 3 different programs tried...

the problem could be the capture card... it's a pinnacle MovieBox... i should try with another capturebox or a VCR NTSC :D