IGNORED

Armor Attack 7800

PacManPlus

I'm so happy this game has been created (I love tank games) and that it's available CIB! I just placed my order and can't wait to get it.

(On the down side, I thought I was done with the 7800. Guess I'll have to keep it forever now. :) )

• Like 2

I just got my copy and tried it out. It's everything I could hope it would be! Enemies enter from random locations, the order of enemies entering is random, and it allows for two-player coop mode. Plus difficulty levels! Thank you, Bob!

• Like 1

I can't wait to get this game! I'm got my fingers crossed that a version without a box will be available. The box is very nice, but for me it's mostly about the games on cartridge. I've got a number of them I plan to buy the moment they come out! I'm looking at you hopefully soon-to-be-released Berzerk/Frenzy and Bentley's Quest cartridges. Thanks for all the great games Bob; Moon Cresta is one of my favorites!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im late buying this, but i just recieved my cart in the mail from the store.

I must say, this game is fun and addictive.

A very fastpaced game.

Im one of those atarians that prefer the proline stick(unlike most).

My thumb is tired from this one, LoL....

Great Job PMP.

But then again, coming from a retro gaming mastermind like yourself, i wouldnt expect any less than great.

Looking forward to what you put out next.

PacManPlus for President 2016.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone else wondering if Armor Attack will be offered for sale without a box? I've got nothing against boxes, I love my 5200 Tempest box. I've been eager to purchase Armor Attack since it was announced but have been hoping for a lower cost version without the box. I'll keep watching for it unless I'm told that it's not in the plan. Oh, and by the way, thank you Atari Age for making these awesome games available!

Anyone else wondering if Armor Attack will be offered for sale without a box? I've got nothing against boxes, I love my 5200 Tempest box. I've been eager to purchase Armor Attack since it was announced but have been hoping for a lower cost version without the box. I'll keep watching for it unless I'm told that it's not in the plan. Oh, and by the way, thank you Atari Age for making these awesome games available!

Dunno but wow ... your in Alaska ! :grin: First and only member from Alaska ? Stopping myself from asking if juneau the capit ... nevermind

Edited by AtariBrian

It's in the plan.

..Al

• Like 1

This is an awesome game just played it last night but ive never been a fan of games whereby you motion or acceleration is given by a directional push id much rather it were a button, Im personally just rubbish at it so i sadly wont be purchasing but it is awesome and brilliantly done.

This is an awesome game just played it last night but ive never been a fan of games whereby you motion or acceleration is given by a directional push id much rather it were a button, Im personally just rubbish at it so i sadly wont be purchasing but it is awesome and brilliantly done.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210593-armor-attack-7800/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2736691

Flip the difficulty switch on your system to have it utilize independent buttons, one to fire the other to accelerate. ;)

Maybe that will change your mind about purchasing the game :grin:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210593-armor-attack-7800/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2736691

Flip the difficulty switch on your system to have it utilize independent buttons, one to fire the other to accelerate. ;)

Maybe that will change your mind about purchasing the game :grin:

Ha ha thanks man, My curiosity had made me wonder as to why there was an instruction manual pdf floating about................But oh no not me...............Also i never touch the difficulty setting on emulator it just is as is :)

i never touch the difficulty setting on emulator it just is as is :)

Yikes...I presumed from your statement you were using the ProSystem emulator and sure enough you're 'stuck-default' with the behavior of a one button joystick for Armor Attack.

1 button (switch flipped to the right)

2 button (switch flipped to the left)

ProSystem does not have proper difficulty switch toggle implemented. You need to hold down the switch position key for it to utilize the opposite setting. It's default position is evidently the right position.

The only way you enable the left position is by holding down the F5 key (For Player 1, Player 2 the key is F6).

Next time you start a game of Armor Attack, just hold down F5. Once the game starts, you can release the key and you will have 2 button independent support.

If you're using MESS, it is as simple as hitting 'Tab' in game, going down to "Dip switches" and changing the position.

post-18-0-66759500-1389277479_thumb.pngpost-18-0-14378200-1389277481_thumb.png

Remember that the 7800 console switch positions are:

Right Position = A

Left Position = B

That applies to both the left and right side difficulty switches.

It behaves like a true toggle switch and MESS retains your switch settings even after exiting the emulator.

Note: Some games require your to restart the console in order to recognize a change in switch settings. You can do a simple 'warm reset' with MESS by pressing F3, if required by the game.

• 3 weeks later...

It's in the plan.

..Al

Sorry, my response is a few weeks late but AWESOME! Thanks!

Dunno but wow ... your in Alaska ! :grin: First and only member from Alaska ? Stopping myself from asking if juneau the capit ... nevermind

Thanks, not sure if I'm the only AA member from the state, but it's fun to imagine I might be. You're absolutely right about the capit ... but we're pretty small at just over 30,000 people.