IGNORED

Armor Attack 7800

PacManPlus

Bob, what would it take to get you to program some of these masterpieces for the 2600?

Don't listen to the non-believer Bob!!!!

The Church of the 7800 worships your production and devotion.

Don't let yourself be swayed by the gold-laced tongues of those of the Cult of the 2600!!!!

They'll steal your soul and dance happily on your defiled grave!!

Shun the non-believer!!!

Shun...

Shuuuuuuuuunnnnnn......

desiv

;-)

- Tweak tank movement so they don't stop moving and don't get stuck in corners
Timeout, reverse, and circle in either direction. A simpler approach would be to allow the tank to "slide" around such areas if a timeout occurs (i.e. an imaginary line that eliminates an inside corner).

Bob, please don't go to the 2600 kingdom......the 2600 cult already has 1000s of games for the 2600system to play...................The 7800 has less than 100.........We need you to stay the King of 7800 games so you single handly double the amount of games for the 7800 for years to come.......I personally vow to purchase every single 7800 game you put out.......Thanks Bob ..........

You guys are too cool - thank you :) :love:

@Nukey: thanks - although it seems like I have to re-work the tank movement itself at this point as I had one or two ...just... travel... slowly... off... the... side... of... the... screen... :ponder:

@Allan - good to see you around again!

A couple of things:

- As I said above, I am re-working the tank movement.

- There is a two player cooperation mode.

- I can't go over to the 2600 side; it's too difficult for me. ;)

Thanks again. :)

• Like 2

I'm always here. Just don't post as much in the 7800 forum. Always read your posts though.

[Cough!]Good![Cough!][Cough!][Cough!] :)

Allan

I highly doubt it; but the longer we can convince you that that is the case and you have to stay here, the better. So, in that spirit: I heard that if you make even one mistake while programming the 2600, it catches on fire and burns down your house. Also, it sometimes randomly explodes if it doesn't like you. You're probably safer with the 7800.

• Like 1

@Nukey: thanks - although it seems like I have to re-work the tank movement itself at this point as I had one or two ...just... travel... slowly... off... the... side... of... the... screen... :ponder:

A couple of things:

- As I said above, I am re-working the tank movement.

- There is a two player cooperation mode.

Thanks again. :)

Hi Bob

we need you in the 7800 forum :)

greetings Walter

Wow. Another tank game from Bob after Failsafe which was great. I tried out the original in MAME and it appears to only have one maze and Bob will have many. Great.

Bob, will you have the sounds like the original with the morse code in the background? The MAME version has samples which are easily available. Looking great so far. Good luck with finishing it.

You are too funny guys :)

Thank you

I worked on this early this morning, but forgot to post it, so I'm doing this really quick:

Here is a WIP. Things on my list:

- One maze (the original) for now... Hope to have about 16 in total.

- Tank movement is still 'iffy'... I kind of like it though. Keep in mind though, that they are allowed to move about halfway into the 'borders'

- Need to work on collision detection. i.e. if you sit still, and the tanks don't shoot you, they will run right over you without killing you. If you move, however, while a tank is on top of you, you're dead. (I know how to take care of this; just haven't done it yet)

- A few sounds missing.

NOTE: Being that I don't have a CCII any more, can those of you with one (PAL and NTSC), let me know how this works on the real thing?

NOTE2: I did implement flicker in this game. There are 4 tanks, 4 turrets, 4 turret shots, 2 players, 4 player shots (2 from each), two helicopter blades and 2 helicopter bodies... all that can theoretically be on the same line. :(

Thanks, and enjoy-

Bob

ArmorAtk.A78

ArmorAtkP.A78

ARMORATK.bin

ArmorAtkP.bin

• Like 1

Just played it a bit on the CC2. Seems to work well. Is there a competition mode planned? Is your tank so small compared to the rest in the arcade game. I don't feel to manly with that tiny tank. :( :) Great job Bob. Another homerun for you. And speeking of Homerun, how about......just kidding.

Allan