IGNORED

Armor Attack 7800

PacManPlus

Just played it a bit on the CC2. Seems to work well. Is there a competition mode planned? Is your tank so small compared to the rest in the arcade game. I don't feel to manly with that tiny tank. :( :) Great job Bob. Another homerun for you. And speeking of Homerun, how about......just kidding.

Allan

The player controls a jeep, not a tank:)

You are too funny guys :)

Thank you

I worked on this early this morning, but forgot to post it, so I'm doing this really quick:

Here is a WIP. Things on my list:

- One maze (the original) for now... Hope to have about 16 in total.

- Tank movement is still 'iffy'... I kind of like it though. Keep in mind though, that they are allowed to move about halfway into the 'borders'

- Need to work on collision detection. i.e. if you sit still, and the tanks don't shoot you, they will run right over you without killing you. If you move, however, while a tank is on top of you, you're dead. (I know how to take care of this; just haven't done it yet)

- A few sounds missing.

NOTE: Being that I don't have a CCII any more, can those of you with one (PAL and NTSC), let me know how this works on the real thing?

NOTE2: I did implement flicker in this game. There are 4 tanks, 4 turrets, 4 turret shots, 2 players, 4 player shots (2 from each), two helicopter blades and 2 helicopter bodies... all that can theoretically be on the same line. :(

Thanks, and enjoy-

Bob

Edited by Stun Runner 87

Hi Guys:

Bob, do you sell the games directly or via the AA store?

So far I've only purchased the games you made via the AA store.

Usually, both - I do a run first, and then Al puts them in the store. Although it may be different this time with this one and Bentley; going directly to the store. I've been considering it - since I've been asked this time. :)

What were they thinking? A jeep against a tank? It's a fun game though.

... a Jeep with a *Rocket Launcher* !!! :evil:

New version. Changes:

• 8 Mazes total (need to add 8 more)
  • HSC initialization before cartridge start if blank (you won't see this in emulation)
  • *****NTSC/PAL DETECTION***** (Finally!) one BIN for both. Header in .A78 file is NTSC though (it runs in PAL as well if you force it through ProSystem)
  • Allows <RESET> or <SELECT> during screen messages (like 'GAME OVER' or 'LEVEL COMPLETE')

Things left:

• Last 8 mazes (need to design them though)
  • Refine Tank movement - I've seen one go through a wall :(
  • Jeep Collisions when moving

Enjoy!

Bob

P.S. - I'm trying to make this source code a model for future games, so I'm adding all routines (i.e. points 2, 3, and 4 under 'changes' above) and I've added more comments than I've ever added before.

ArmorAtk.A78

ARMORATK.bin

• Like 5

I feel at home with the 7800 - at this point I don't want to start on another system... Maybe at some point ;)

BTW, I must apologize for my horrible Jeep, Helicopter (and its explosion) and tank graphics... Certain games I'm ok at creating / adapting graphics, and certain ones I'm not - and I hate to keep bugging people (like PAC-MAN-RED, who did the excellent graphics for Rip-Off and Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest)

...which is another reason why I'm coding the levels by hand - I didn't want to bug jwierer, he has quite a bit going on now.

Besides, I came up with a cool maze algorithm that I'm proud of: you just give the bits on the screen where there is a wall, and the routine looks at what is surrounding it to see what kind of wall to put there (i.e. a left edge, top edge, completely surrounded, etc.). Each 20 column by 24 zone maze takes up only takes up 72 bytes of ROM.

I know it's been done to death before, but it's a first for me. :)

Bob

• Like 2

I feel at home with the 7800 - at this point I don't want to start on another system... Maybe at some point ;)

BTW, I must apologize for my horrible Jeep, Helicopter (and its explosion) and tank graphics... Certain games I'm ok at creating / adapting graphics, and certain ones I'm not - and I hate to keep bugging people (like PAC-MAN-RED, who did the excellent graphics for Rip-Off and Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest)

...which is another reason why I'm coding the levels by hand - I didn't want to bug jwierer, he has quite a bit going on now.

Besides, I came up with a cool maze algorithm that I'm proud of: you just give the bits on the screen where there is a wall, and the routine looks at what is surrounding it to see what kind of wall to put there (i.e. a left edge, top edge, completely surrounded, etc.). Each 20 column by 24 zone maze takes up only takes up 72 bytes of ROM.

I know it's been done to death before, but it's a first for me. :)

Bob

Right so,BOB

The 7800 community needs their BEST man

greetings Walter

Thanks, Walter ;)

Ok guys:

RC1 here - let me know if you find anything wrong. Things done:

- All Mazes implemented

- Jeep now collides even if still

- The level now resets when the player is killed (like the arcade) or after both players are killed in a two player game.

- Color changes suggested by KevinMos3 - Thanks Kevin!

Enjoy :)

Bob

Again, CCII owners, please let me know if this works.

Also, if anyone has a CCII to sell for a price that is not outrageous, please let me know - as I understand that it will still be a while until the H2 is available. :(

ArmorAtk.A78

ARMORATK.bin

That's odd... I just tried it in both Emulation and with a burned EPROM; the maze changed after every level.

I know this is very unlikely, but could it have chosen the same maze 3 times in a row?

Have you tried it again? Does it choose the same maze if you keep hitting <reset>?

Does this happen to anyone else?

Here's an update to the Helicopter sprite... thanks to KevinMos3 who made me think about alternate ways to come up how you can see through the blades. ;)

I tink it looks *much* better... still not crazy about the purple, though... :ponder:

Seems to work now. I will play more later.

Allan

Here's an update to the Helicopter sprite... thanks to KevinMos3 who made me think about alternate ways to come up how you can see through the blades. ;)

I tink it looks *much* better... still not crazy about the purple, though... :ponder:

Great updates! Loving the new copter and color scheme.

Maybe instead of the purple, you can use the same red (the dark red, not the light/pinkish) on the tank's belts and part of their 'body' for the copter (?)

I 'sqaured' in blue the color I'm referencing:

post-18-0-86799200-1365168525.png

The dark red would also be a nod to the dark red/white copter in Choplifter...

post-18-0-88885100-1365184169.png

Heck, maybe the copter can be made red and white in this game too (?)

• Like 1

Great updates! Loving the new copter and color scheme.

Maybe instead of the purple, you can use the same red (the dark red, not the light/pinkish) on the tank's belts and part of their 'body' for the copter (?)

I 'sqaured' in blue the color I'm referencing:

post-18-0-86799200-1365168525.png

The dark red would also be a nod to the dark red/white copter in Choplifter...

post-18-0-88885100-1365184169.png

Heck, maybe the copter can be made red and white in this game too (?)

I like the idea of cameos! Maybe there could be a famous tank in there. One of the Light Tanks from Tron? METAL SLUG.

Nah, copyright is too risky. Choplifter is totally doable though.