IGNORED

How to make a Lynx Game

Der Luchs

Do you have a link to that chipper video?

Regards game development, you should take a look at LX.net's tutorials, they are a good starting point. You really need to learn the basics of C, but if you follow LX's tutorial I reckon theres enough there to get anyone started. Worth downloading Visual Studio 2008 / 2010 (free version) with C++ support, then if you follow his guide it should be straight forward in setting up the dev environment you need. You will need patience though!

Chipper Video: http://bjoern.spruck.net/lynx/chipper_video.ogv

Sage already told me, that there is no Programm like Batari for Lynx... I think that's it... Over and out ^^

I don't want to learn C, it's too much for me, just wanted play with Sprites and Backgrounds as i did in Batari with the Game in the Video.

Thanks to all who posted a Reply!

That's a shame, I am sure you could do it with help. The most difficult part is understanding the compiler and linker etc. The C code isn't so hard to learn but not as friendly as basic or whatever that 2600 dev kit uses. If you are any good as graphics in 16 colours maybe you could contribute to some of the games in development! That's where I always struggle. I must have spent 70% of the time I spend on LynxOps before XMAS just on the soldier animations and look how they came out lol. In fact that's whats holding me back completing it - the fear of having to spend dozens of hours doing something so simple. I reckon I spent about 10 hours on the code since I started it and 20+ hours on the graphics lol.

@Gadet UK: Thanks for your words, but it's absolutly too complex for me :-o

I rather stay in the "Music-Business" ^^ I know all the Theory Stuff and make music since I was a little kid ;)

and I think, that I can be a bigger Help here, if I just stay Musician :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Chipper Video: http://bjoern.spruck...ipper_video.ogv

Sage already told me, that there is no Programm like Batari for Lynx... I think that's it... Over and out ^^

I don't want to learn C, it's too much for me, just wanted play with Sprites and Backgrounds as i did in Batari with the Game in the Video.

Thanks to all who posted a Reply!

Does that video have sound? Just having a tonne of trouble trying to play it in Windows...