IGNORED

Wondering what might have been done better

Just some idle speculation...

I was bored and did a little mocking up of a Zaxxon screen, taking care to observe the color limits for FG/BG mode. It's just a proof-of-concept drawing to explore what might have been possible.

What games do you think could have been done better, within the Inty's capabilities?

post-7945-0-55770900-1364956983.png

Edited by JohnPCAE

Wow, that looks rather cool. How many GRAM cards are in use for the wall in that image?

As for other games, I think Carl Muller Jr. has proven that Donkey Kong is one that could have been done much, much better.

I also think that any game that depended on the Exec could have been better had they broken out of those shackles.

-dZ.

Just some idle speculation...

I was bored and did a little mocking up of a Zaxxon screen, taking care to observe the color limits for FG/BG mode. It's just a proof-of-concept drawing to explore what might have been possible.

What games do you think could have been done better, within the Inty's capabilities?

So when can we expect 'Zaxxon Arcade' to be released with box, manual and, of course, overlays? :-D

In theory, probably every Intellivision could have been done "better." The difference between, say, games like Donkey Kong and D2K, is that Coleco didn't have 30 years to make Donkey Kong, where D2K benefitted from three decades of experience and the fact it didn't have to be cranked out in a month.

Just because it could have been done from the beginning, from a technical standpoint, doesn't mean it was possible at the time.

Wow, that looks rather cool. How many GRAM cards are in use for the wall in that image?

As for other games, I think Carl Muller Jr. has proven that Donkey Kong is one that could have been done much, much better.

I also think that any game that depended on the Exec could have been better had they broken out of those shackles.

-dZ.

I think it's a total of 10 cards or so, not as many as you might think from looking at it. You can cut that down by 2 by making the leftmost column the same as the rest by dropping the solid line.