IGNORED

Problem connecting Harmony to computer with USB

erkan

Hi guys,

I just got my Harmony but failed to mention I would like PAL bios flashed on it. Thought I could fix it easely myself, but after three hours I reached nowhere :-/

So I installed the Harmony program and it does not find my cartridge

So then I tried to install drivers from here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

According to the instructions for the drivers, you should see the device appear in the device manager with an yellow warning symbol. I tried this on two different 64-bit Windows 7 systems and I can not see any new device or yellow warning symbol. Nor do I see any "Other categories" section in the device manager.

So I could not install those drivers.

Then I found the exe file for the drivers that have a built in installer. I installed that file and it seemed to go well. According to the installer the drivers where installed. But I can not see the new device in the device manager, nor can the Harmony program detect my card.

Please help, do I need to set up an XP machine or Win98 system to flash it?

Thanks!

I have installed the software before on Win7 64 bit and 32 bit, so it does work. :)

I got my drivers from there too. I used the executable on the page that I have circled. Is that the one you used?

post-7074-0-88645000-1365828962_thumb.jpg

It was a while back when I did it last, but I seem to remember I had to restart my computer before it would work. Hope that helps.

Hi, many thanks, on the third Windows 7 computer the requester poped up when I connected Harmony and I was able to connect card.

Now, a new problem apear on the horizon. So I followed the program:

1. I chosed eeloader_pal50.bin and downloaded eeprom

2. I chosed hbios50pal.bin and chosed sd path and copyed bios

So when I fire up Atari 2600 with Harmony + SD card I still get the same rolling screen as before, how long should the update process be? or is it instant?

Just for a sanity check, do you own any other Atari games? Does your 2600 play them okay? I'm wondering if your TV is having trouble syncing to the 2600. Is it a newer TV?

I believe you have followed the correct steps and have loaded the correct images. When you fire up the Harmony it will say something like the BIOS is reloaded, and press fire to continue, but that would be hard to see if the screen is rolling.

• Like 1