IGNORED

TI CC-40 Collection for sale

acadiel

Yes, I know this is a TI-99/4A forum, but figured this would be as good of a place to put this as any. :)

I'm throwing out feelers to sell my complete TI CC-40 collection. Note that I want to sell this as a lot. The buyer will have the opportunity to purchase an instant (almost complete) CC-40 collection.

12 Hexbus Cables And Plotter Paper Most brand new sealed

3.5" Floppy With Supply Used with DSDD controller

Cc40 8K Working Battery cover, cart cover, good condition

Cc40 Carts In Boxes Statistics Advanced Electrical Engineering Mathematics

Cc40 Dead With 9201 It's dead, Jim.

Cc40 EA Manuals + EA Cart Two manuals for E/A cartridge + EA Cart

Cc40 Plus S/n 702 Prototype with cassette interface; Was working last time used

DSDD Controller With Hexbus Cable Was working last time used

Foreign Psu For DSDD Contoller For use with above

Fax Paper Box Tons of fax paper for Printer 80

Hexbus Modem Complete Brand new

Loose Cc40 Carts Memo Processor, Statistics, Finance

Manuals Memo processor, Statistics, Finance, TI RS232

Prototype CC-40 carts Two EPROM carts

Printer 80 Retail Complete in box

Printer 80 Stand Homemade

Printer 80 White Box Prototype Complete Just printer 80 and spare thermal ribbons. No serial number.

Printer Plotter 100034 New NiCD battery installed

Printer Plotter Complete Extra/new gears, TONS of pens (new, sealed), new battery pack

QuickDisk Complete Both US and European adapters included

Quickdisks Boxes Two boxes of around 10 each, one box new

RS232 000047 Has different color power button

RS232 In Box Brand new

Rs232 s/n 6116 Serial # 6116

Rs232 With Parallel Cable Working last time used, no serial number

Hexbus TI-99/4A Interface Prototype

I don't know how well this will reflow. I'm interested in taking serious offers only. I've added up what I've spent on this over the past 5-7 years, and it's well above $2,000.

Ping me if interested. I would rather not put this on eBay and wind up in the hands of someone who won't use, preserve, demonstrate, etc, this great collection of TI's little forgotten computer. :)

There is really nothing out there as far as the CC40 is concerned, and this is primarily related to the fact that there is no practical way to share programs given that the CC40 does not have a way to externally store files except through a hexbus disk drive, of which there are only a handful still around and functional. On the other hand, the TI 74, which is functionally almost fully compatible with the CC40 (as long as character defs are not used in Basic programs) has an interface that allows transfer of files to/from a PC, as well as a cassette interface, again using the Hexbus standard. While the pinout of the Hexbus connectors on the CC40 and TI74 are different, I was able to concoct a cable based on documentation I have that allowed the CC40 to use the TI 74 PC interface to store and retrieve files on a PC. I can scan the instructions for those interested.

I did create several programs for the CC40 (attached) including an Ace of Aces WWI air combat game which I distributed at one of the Chicago TI Faires in the mid-2000's, some of which can be found on 99'er.net http://www.99er.net/cc40.html

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any active CC40 or even TI 74 programmers out there, which is a tragedy...

CC40PGM.ZIP

I only found out recently that there was a full Pascal environment for the CC-40. However as before not so useful if you cannot transfer programs. Wonder if you could use the modem on the cc-40 and build a comms program on the CC-40 so you could connect to another PC and transfer that way. Or better yet build a hexbus interface for a Raspberry Pi or arduino and have it pretend to be a waferdrive for a cc-40 :-)

well.. i could be interested in some of the stuff...

like a cc40+, Assembler Cart and some others... but not all... i have lot of the items already...

some of you would be interested in buying anything but divide the material with me?

this is the things i have already:

post-24673-0-45753700-1366127162_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-37850800-1366127188_thumb.jpg

I only found out recently that there was a full Pascal environment for the CC-40. However as before not so useful if you cannot transfer programs. Wonder if you could use the modem on the cc-40 and build a comms program on the CC-40 so you could connect to another PC and transfer that way. Or better yet build a hexbus interface for a Raspberry Pi or arduino and have it pretend to be a waferdrive for a cc-40 :-)

The CC40 Pascal cartridge is very neat, but unfortunately is only a subset of Pascal, with no pointers for example. Nonetheless, Pascal programming on the CC40 is still an interesting experience :)

I have actually tried to make the TI 99/4A pretend to be a waferdrive using the parallel port connected to the CC40 Hexbus port, and I was able to detect the hexbus activity, but could not go much further as I believe additional intervening electronic hardware will be needed. I do have the full specs of the Hexbus communication protocol though, and I think I may give it another shot in the future.

The CC40 Pascal cartridge is very neat, but unfortunately is only a subset of Pascal, with no pointers for example. Nonetheless, Pascal programming on the CC40 is still an interesting experience :)

I have actually tried to make the TI 99/4A pretend to be a waferdrive using the parallel port connected to the CC40 Hexbus port, and I was able to detect the hexbus activity, but could not go much further as I believe additional intervening electronic hardware will be needed. I do have the full specs of the Hexbus communication protocol though, and I think I may give it another shot in the future.

I hooked up a RS232 to a Bubble Memory card at one time and used it for a few weeks. It worked just like a Cassette tape or Wafer Drive.

It was almost slower then the Cassette Tapes in some cases. Also it did not handle some file types well at all.