IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

For those wondering, I have just placed an order for (hopefully) the final prototype of the rev F board. Once it has been tested and approved, we can start manufacturing. Unfortunately I still don't have a source for the damn nameplates, but I will get there...

• Like 1

For those wondering, I have just placed an order for (hopefully) the final prototype of the rev F board. Once it has been tested and approved, we can start manufacturing.

I suppose you will want to have that last revision tested by some people in Europe, France in particular?

Unfortunately I still don't have a source for the damn nameplates, but I will get there...

And the company that manufactured the "old" nameplates, are they still around? In any case, the good thing here is that you could add a small "F" on the next run of nameplates to indicate a rev-F SGM. :)

For those wondering, I have just placed an order for (hopefully) the final prototype of the rev F board. Once it has been tested and approved, we can start manufacturing. Unfortunately I still don't have a source for the damn nameplates, but I will get there...

Awesome news! very excited about getting my module especially once your Donkey Kong port comes out for it! Would be need if one could be seen at CGE this year :)

Many says the nameplate was okay, and they could not see something was wrong.

So for me, -I can live with it. :)

Edit: Eduardo You could maybe mount another color for the LED (REV. F)

Edited by ten-four

Awesome news! very excited about getting my module especially once your Donkey Kong port comes out for it! Would be need if one could be seen at CGE this year :)

Oh, I totally forgot about CGE!! I think it is too late now... oh well...

About the nameplate, the problem is that the company that produced the first run don't like us anymore, since they had to print that thing so many times until they could get something acceptable. And being a perfectionist, I never really liked that nameplate. Problem is, I still haven't found a good printer for that. On the other hand, I don't want to delay the 2nd run again, so even if I ship modules without the nameplate, I want to keep the November release date. Once I find a printer that can do a top notch job, I will ship replacement nameplates to all buyers. That would be the worst case scenario.

And it is clear that a 3rd and maybe 4th run will happen eventually, as I keep getting orders, with minimal advertising. I don't remember even contacting people in my customer list...

Edited by opcode
  • Like 1

Oh, I totally forgot about CGE!! I think it is too late now... oh well...

About the nameplate, the problem is that the company that produced the first run don't like us anymore, since they had to print that thing so many times until they could get something acceptable. And being a perfectionist, I never really liked that nameplate. Problem is, I still haven't found a good printer for that. On the other hand, I don't want to delay the 2nd run again, so even if I ship modules without the nameplate, I want to keep the November release date. Once I find a printer that can do a top notch job, I will ship replacement nameplates to all buyers. That would be the worst case scenario.

And it is clear that a 3rd and maybe 4th run will happen eventually, as I keep getting orders, with minimal advertising. I don't remember even contacting people in my customer list...

Naw, its never to late. CGE is not until September 12th to 14th :) I am in charge of the console area, it would be awesome for Opcode to have representation on the show floor :)

Naw, its never to late. CGE is not until September 12th to 14th :) I am in charge of the console area, it would be awesome for Opcode to have representation on the show floor :)

Well, if Opcode Games has a presence at CGE, the SGM will surely be displayed prominently. If this is the case, wouldn't it make sense for Team Pixelboy to showcase some SGM games, both past and upcoming? If Eduardo's up to it, I'm sure we can arrange something.

I'm already releasing Joust for ColecoVision at CGE, in collaboration with Sean Kelly... :)

• Like 1

Well, if Opcode Games has a presence at CGE, the SGM will surely be displayed prominently. If this is the case, wouldn't it make sense for Team Pixelboy to showcase some SGM games, both past and upcoming? If Eduardo's up to it, I'm sure we can arrange something.

I'm already releasing Joust for ColecoVision at CGE, in collaboration with Sean Kelly... :)

Most Definately!!!! And yep, concerning the Joust release :) I will be ready to buy one as soon as they are available :) sometime I would like to try and get some of the newer programmers on the colecovision on the podcast to interview :)

• Like 1

September? Hm, in that case I might be able to get something ready in time. DK Jr would be awesome, but I already have DK, and Arkanoid would be playable too a little extra work... On the other hand, I don't know, this is Nintendo stuff, and Nintendo scares me...

September? Hm, in that case I might be able to get something ready in time. DK Jr would be awesome, but I already have DK, and Arkanoid would be playable too a little extra work... On the other hand, I don't know, this is Nintendo stuff, and Nintendo scares me...

Yeah, after what happened with Princess Rescue last year, you're right to be scared... :|

I have now sent my PayPal payment, for a second run Super Game Module.

Hi Eduardo

Just wondering, did you receive my above quoted PayPal payment (I paid USD$105, which includes international shipping, to eduardo@opcodegames.com) which I sent you in May of this year? (I just haven't seen any confirmation email from you yet, and don't want to miss the 2nd run SGM. Thank you very much.)

Best regards...

On the other hand, I don't know, this is Nintendo stuff, and Nintendo scares me...

I was just about to leave a message that you might want to keep DKA as low key as possible seeing that the Big N is always on the prowl and protecting their properties. After all the years of on-again, off-again and on-again development, it would be a shame to see the hammer brought down on what surely is the most anticipated homebrew game ever for the CV.

Good luck with everything.

Hi Eduardo

Just wondering, did you receive my above quoted PayPal payment (I paid USD$105, which includes international shipping, to eduardo@opcodegames.com) which I sent you in May of this year? (I just haven't seen any confirmation email from you yet, and don't want to miss the 2nd run SGM. Thank you very much.)

Best regards...

Do you mind sending me your name or email address, please?

Yeah, after what happened with Princess Rescue last year, you're right to be scared... :|

I have the solution , He could change a little bit the graphism. Put Gargamel instead of Donkey Kong , a Smurf instead of Mario , and some Azrael in place of Fire ball.... :)

No more problem with Nintendo.... but he could get smurfed by peyo. :rolling:

Hi Eduardo keep up the great work and I eagerly await the second run of the SGM.

• 1 month later...