IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

I think this needs to be said....

Opcode I know you took a lot of crap and a lot of bad things were said during all the time these were delayed. A lot of angry people and bad mouthing you.

I know these were a labor of love for you....a piece of art....

I know life can be hard and things can go wrong that would cause problems for a 1 man project like this to easily go wrong. Good people with good intentions can have problems that would make it near impossible to recover and make good on a project like this after a couple years off track. And it would be so easy to disappear and not make good on a project after much time has gone by and people have been bitter. It would be so easy for the best person to take the easy out and give up....

I must say I have the HIGHEST respect for you for coming thru and making good on what was probably such an overwhelming thing. Really nothing was forcing you to come thru at this point, and the fact that you persisted and made good on this for everyone is very, very admirable. I have much respect for you doing that. Awesome and many thanks :)

• Like 13

I think this needs to be said....

Opcode I know you took a lot of crap and a lot of bad things were said during all the time these were delayed. A lot of angry people and bad mouthing you.

I know these were a labor of love for you....a piece of art....

I know life can be hard and things can go wrong that would cause problems for a 1 man project like this to easily go wrong. Good people with good intentions can have problems that would make it near impossible to recover and make good on a project like this after a couple years off track. And it would be so easy to disappear and not make good on a project after much time has gone by and people have been bitter. It would be so easy for the best person to take the easy out and give up....

I must say I have the HIGHEST respect for you for coming thru and making good on what was probably such an overwhelming thing. Really nothing was forcing you to come thru at this point, and the fact that you persisted and made good on this for everyone is very, very admirable. I have much respect for you doing that. Awesome and many thanks :)

I have no words. Indeed, I went through a lot in the past two and a half years. It is mostly behind me now. I have the most wonderful wife, I have the best part time job in the world. What else can I say... Thank you for keeping up the support. Really important to me...

• Like 9

SGM 2nd run Postmortem ======

After about 3 years, the 2nd run is finally shipping. If everything goes as planned, by the end of the month about 200 SGMs will be in the hands of CV aficionados around the globe. I just can't say how happy and relieved I am. I am not going to get into the details of why it took so long to ship, because that involves mostly my personal life. But I would like to apologize to the entire CV community once again for making you guys wait for so long for the modules. I am very sorry.

That said, I believe now is a good time to take a quick look on the rights and wrongs of this run.

Wrongs: it took way too long, I must agree, 3 years is unacceptable by any standard.

Rights: The GI sound chip we used with the 1st run was a mess. About 30% of all sound chips were bad, and I got them from 2 different suppliers, with very distinct manufacturing dates. For the 2nd run we are using a different brand, no more GIs. So far not a single failure. Now please understand that the sound chips were dead before shipping the modules. We never got a complain about dead chips after we had shipped.

For the 1st run I had to hand sand 200+ connectors. This time we used a special order connector. No more markings on the connectors.

What is next: finish shipping all 200 modules. Start pre-order for 3rd run (more about that soon). Create rev F of SGM board so it works with the SCART CV.

• Like 12

SGM 2nd run Postmortem ======

After about 3 years, the 2nd run is finally shipping. If everything goes as planned, by the end of the month about 200 SGMs will be in the hands of CV aficionados around the globe. I just can't say how happy and relieved I am. I am not going to get into the details of why it took so long to ship, because that involves mostly my personal life. But I would like to apologize to the entire CV community once again for making you guys wait for so long for the modules. I am very sorry.

That said, I believe now is a good time to take a quick look on the rights and wrongs of this run.

Wrongs: it took way too long, I must agree, 3 years is unacceptable by any standard.

Rights: The GI sound chip we used with the 1st run was a mess. About 30% of all sound chips were bad, and I got them from 2 different suppliers, with very distinct manufacturing dates. For the 2nd run we are using a different brand, no more GIs. So far not a single failure. Now please understand that the sound chips were dead before shipping the modules. We never got a complain about dead chips after we had shipped.

For the 1st run I had to hand sand 200+ connectors. This time we used a special order connector. No more markings on the connectors.

What is next: finish shipping all 200 modules. Start pre-order for 3rd run (more about that soon). Create rev F of SGM board so it works with the SCART CV.

I for one look forward to getting one of these in the 3rd run & will be even happier if it ends up working on my little French baby too! :)