IGNORED

Official Super Game Module thread (thoughts & reviews about SGM and games)

opcode

Ok my review is up on my Youtube page.

Unit worked really well and first time, both games I have so far are excellent (thank you Team Pixelboy).

Looking forward to more SGM games in the future.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute with one or two SGM games in the near future. Pyxidis will either be dual support i.e. will work on normal Coleco and use the SGM if it is there, depending on how I go at getting to run in 1K.

First of all, thanks for the video. :)

Secondly, I'm looking at the SGM which you're holding up at the camera (at 8:15) and I can't help wondering: What's wrong with the nameplate, exactly? The video is a little blurry, but anyway, the nameplate looks fine to me. I don't get what Eduardo's problem is with it.

I decided to hold off until Eduardo gets nameplates that he feels are good enough for his taste, so those of you who bought and received their SGMs, can you tell me (and the rest of us) what you think of the nameplate? If it's good enough for everyone, I'm gonna say "screw it" to Eduardo and get my SGM shipped ASAP.

Secondly, I'm looking at the SGM which you're holding up at the camera (at 8:15) and I can't help wondering: What's wrong with the nameplate, exactly? The video is a little blurry, but anyway, the nameplate looks fine to me. I don't get what Eduardo's problem is with it.

I decided to hold off until Eduardo gets nameplates that he feels are good enough for his taste, so those of you who bought and received their SGMs, can you tell me (and the rest of us) what you think of the nameplate? If it's good enough for everyone, I'm gonna say "screw it" to Eduardo and get my SGM shipped ASAP.

It looks fine to me, it is probably one of those things that if you never see what the sticker of his vision looks like then you would never know it was a bad sticker. If he is ever able to get them created we may look at them and go oh yeah that is way better, otherwise it looks fine the way it is.

The nameplate looks fine to me too...if Eduardo hadn't said there was an issue with it, I certainly wouldn't have suspected anything unusual about it.

If I can jump in here—Eduardo had mentioned that, the reason he was unhappy with the last attempt at printing the nameplates, was that there was a greenish hue present in the background. This tinted the brushed metal appearance just a bit. Most of us don't notice this or care; it looks fine to us for being such a perfected wonder of homebrewing talent!

In line with what others have said, I can see why he wasn't 100% happy with the outcome. Eduardo is a perfectionist, and is trying very hard to pick up where Coleco left off. That said, he wants to produce a true Coleco product that will always be admired as just that. :)

Do elaborate, pretty please. :)

There's a greenish shadow around anything black. On mine, I can't notice it too much on the "SUPER GAME MODULE" text (or in the ColecoVision rainbow logo), but I can definitely see it in the black outline as well as in the Coleco logo.

As the others have said, seriously if nothing had been mentioned I would not have noticed anything at all. And it is pretty hard to see the green blur even when looking closely.

Here is a closeup of my module:

SGMCloseup.JPG

• Like 1

Here is two games I will make for the SGM

- DK3

- Mr Do's Wild Ride

Obviously, more will come! :)

I'm still holding my breath waiting to hear some news about the Skiing game. I hope that news is some announcement that someone has decided to take on the project and is thinking about how to proceed. :)

Also... I don't want to forget to thank Eduardo for the awesome work!

I've had mine since everyone else got their's...but I still don't have any games for mine. I just got some cash and hope to get King's Valley and Thexder first.

Edited by Brockolye

Looks fine to me also! By the way Luc...I just sent you an email. I'm jhyde1@.....

• 3 months later...

Does anyone ever have any problems when using the Ultimate SD Multicart while having the SGM plugged in?

Sometimes it works fine...but then sometimes it causes the screen to garble. It does it in the Multicart's menu..... and if I remember correctly...when playing a game also.

I just don't like to plug and unplug the SGM alot. I wouldn't think that would be good for the expansion port.

Does anyone ever have any problems when using the Ultimate SD Multicart while having the SGM plugged in?

Sometimes it works fine...but then sometimes it causes the screen to garble. It does it in the Multicart's menu..... and if I remember correctly...when playing a game also.

I just don't like to plug and unplug the SGM alot. I wouldn't think that would be good for the expansion port.

The only times I'm getting garble with the SGM, is when I'm playing King's Valley with the Super Action Controller. Moving the spinner to a certain resistance tends to garble characters. And from what I can tell, the Expansion Slot is built quite similarly to a cartridge with its gold fingers. I don't see why it's use should be limited, other than the fact that the whole console is 30+ years old, and may be fragile.

The latest Mario Bros. does not work with my SGM plugged in. I just get a black screen until I unplug the SGM. :mad: because I thought games that didn't t use SGM would ignore that it is there.

I tried on one of my CVs here and it gives black screen 2 out of 3 times. 1 out of 3 it works fine.