IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 6 - Game 3 ^Ikari Warriors^

JacobZu7zu7

I'm a sniper in this one. I only break out the grenades to blow up structures and tanks.

Wow... that's amazing... i have to almost exclusively use the grenades. The only way I can advance is to try and kill multiple baddies at the same time. Plus with the grenades you can avoid being directly in the line of enemy fire.

I concur that you shouldn't worry about point leaching... my experience thus far has been kill or be killed, with very few exceptions.

Well now I'm certain I'm doing something wrong. This isn't my highest score (couldn't quite reach that again), but I do pretty well here, and my video is less than half as long as Oyama's. Sorry about the angle and quality; I did this with my crappy digital camera laid on a pile of Wii games and CD cases. :)

slight improvement: 15,700

I tried using my Europad, but returned to the Proline joystick because I just can't get used to gamepads of any type for any game :( :dunce: :( .

I grew up with joysticks and paddles, and just ignored the whole Nintendo gamepad revolution, so I never developed a feel for the newer devices.

That's why everyone found it so hard. You guys weren't getting in the tanks? Now I feel better. I knew I wasn't playing that well. :)

Just so you guys know, you can run guys over with the tanks, and you get out of an exploding tank by pressing both buttons.

This is the root of Metal Slug, just so you know.

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 1

The inp file must be in the inp folder of mess...then you open mess and select file playback inp and then select the file then hit enter.

also are you extracting the file first??

Edited by NIKON
  • Like 1

How do you play an inp file?

I have the gmameui and xmess, both for Linux and I couldn't play any inp file...

I tried to type: xmess /path/to/inp/file/ -pb command with no success.

The version of MESS i'm using i select File, then playback input, select the INP file, click open,

then load the game.

Put the INP in the inp folder in MESS first.

• Like 1

59,600. I am using my converted NES pad from Ax, that is okay right? There's a huge difference in scores in this game using either the europad/NES pad vs. the prolines. If you're using the prolines here, stop. Immediately. (provided the other options are allowed).

Yes that's fine... any control sceme is fine.

Only things NOT allowed are (auto-fire, continue, "saving then starting later" or save states in contest)

you can save the game ONLY if you give up, and it's ur final score. lol.

Don't worry about point leech, since this game doesn't act like Commando or Desert Falcon.