IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Mendon

I never played the downloadable version of Telltales The Walking Dead but have read nothing but good things about it. While browsing through a Flea Market this past weekend, I spied a used physical copy (complete & in mint condition) for $8 and grabbed it.

I started playing it last night and immediately found that everything I had read was true... it is a fantastic game. BUT... I've since read multiple stories (including reviews on Amazon) that the disk version has terrible problems with freezing, sound/voice syncing, lag, and loading problems.

When I first started the game up, I had to update it and perhaps this was a patch to fix problems people encountered because while I'm not far into the game (still on Chapter 1), I have not experienced any problems at all so far.

Has anyone here played the physical version of the game, and if so, have you encountered any problems at all?

I have the physical version (PS3) and the downloadable version on PC.

(thats how much I like it)

Here is the Xbox 360 issue by TellTale:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43289

It only affects these Xbox units:

"Xbox 360 4GB models not fitted with an internal hard disk drive, playing the disc-based (retail) version of the game"

I read all the stories of how crappy the Disk Version is and am glad I passed on it.

I was going to wait and try and snag the collectors edition cheap, but after reading about all the troubles, just decided to snag it when they had the DLC 50% off sale well worth the $10 I paid, and never have had any issues with it.

Although from what cimerians posted, it probably wouldn't have effected me. i don't have any 4GB 360

I have the Xbox model in question and the disc version of the game. I bought the disc, then about a week later (outside the return window) I read about the issue. I still haven't even attempted to play it. I guess I wasted my money. C'est la vie.

• 1 month later...

I borrowed my sister's PS3 copy, and have hit a few spots where the game stutters a bit, but it's nowhere near unplayable. It's probably because I desperately need to upgrade my PS3's hard drive.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the game itself. I've only finished the first 2 chapters, but wholeheartedly agree with the general consensus: great story, engrossing and addicting experience. Just haven't gotten around to finishing it...

Edited by MH_Warrior

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished this game over the weekend. i was on-call anyways and stuck around the house so I figured I'd polish it off.

Great game.

I disagree that episode 5 was the best, might have been the way I played the game, I dunno. I found the last episode too talky, the big mystery voice on the radio was a dud, and overall the ending just depressing! I stayed through the credits, and saw Clem in the countryside, but it really didn't make me feel any different about the cliff hanger as a whole.

I loved playing through this though. I'll be on board for a sequel.

• Like 1

I loved playing through this though. I'll be on board for a sequel.

Me too. I heard there will be DLC for this "season" (if it's listed on Steam I'm sure it will be released on the 360 etc):

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/07/the-walking-dead-400-days-dlc/

If so, I don't mind buying it especially if there will be a season 2.