IGNORED

CC3ME - New Cuttle Cart Menu Editor

Here it is. 1st beta version. There are some basic instructions in the zip file. I was not able to set security for the Program Files directory so let it install where is suggests and it will work fine. This thread will be used for bug reports and updated versionsCC3ME.zip.

• Like 3

It is a small install, just install it.

I developed it mainly for ease of use. Others have stated they did not want to create new menus as it would too difficult with the original software. It stores the CRC code of each rom (not all crcs are complete) and can detect the crc code of roms and match them to the correct description of said rom. No more guessing which rom version you have.

Everything is drag and drop from matching roms to descriptions, manuals to roms and reordering the menu.

Edited by SoulBuster

Is there any problem with using a more modern micro sd card? I think the original CC3 software liked very small cards under 1k (or maybe that was the cc3)

Would like to hear from beta testers on what micro sd they are using.

Downloaded and installed no problem. Played around with it and made the following notes as I did. Keep in mind that I have a programming background and can be very picky with the GUI interface. But I believe software should be as user-friendly as possible.

Anyways, here are my notes ...

In Matching tab,

- you can't type or paste in your source folders and can only update via the "Folder" icon.

- you have to manually drag over each manual to its' respective rom. Program should automatically match them according to thier name. And they should turn green to show it's been matched.

- once you drag over a rom from the left to the right, you can't undo it. Would be nice to right-click on the right and remove the Dest ROM and CRC if you dragged it to the wrong rom.

In Description Editor tab,

- if you modify the Descriptive Name of a rom, the changes don't get reflected in the Matching tab until you restart the program.

- you can double-click on the roms on the left and change the names. This should be read-only. Changes should only be allowed on the right.

- not sure what the "Exists" column is for. It shows up empty for all games.

- when you click the Update button, the fields above all go blank even though a rom is highlighted on the left.

- when you change a field on the right and click another rom on the left, it doesn't save your changes or prompt you to save your changes; it just discards them.

In Menu Editor tab,

- you can't highlight multiple games and drag them over. You have to drag them one at a time which is very time consuming.

- you can't highlight multiple sub-menus and move them into another sub-menu. You have to drag them one at a time which is very time consuming.

- add context menu when you right-click so you can Delete items and Add sub-menus.

- have the Short Name automatically populate with the first 8 chars of the Sub Menu name as you type it.

- add ability to import your menu structures from the old CC3 Editor.

My initial impression of this CC3 menu editor is positive and has definite potential. I'll certainly be switching over to use this one instead of Chad's.

Great work!

- you can't type or paste in your source folders and can only update via the "Folder" icon.

This was done to prevent typos, it can be worked in though.

- you have to manually drag over each manual to its' respective rom. Program should automatically match them according to thier name. And they should turn green to show it's been matched.

There seems to be a wide array of names for both the roms and the manuals. If either is named even one letter off it will not get matched to the correct desription. This is why I used crcs for the roms. I "standardized' all of the names in an additional column of the descriptions database so when matching takes place and it copies the file to the destination folder, it will be copied with the standardized name. With the original software, it was possible to copy over top of an already existing filename. In addition, for the manual file to work on the CC3, it HAS to be named identically to the rom name, except with the txt file extension.

- once you drag over a rom from the left to the right, you can't undo it. Would be nice to right-click on the right and remove the Dest ROM and CRC if you dragged it to the wrong rom.

I left it out in beta 1 as you can replace it with another rom, but it WOULD be nice to have and will be implemented in Beta 2.

In Description Editor tab,

- if you modify the Descriptive Name of a rom, the changes don't get reflected in the Matching tab until you restart the program.

- you can double-click on the roms on the left and change the names. This should be read-only. Changes should only be allowed on the right.

- not sure what the "Exists" column is for. It shows up empty for all games.

- when you click the Update button, the fields above all go blank even though a rom is highlighted on the left.

- when you change a field on the right and click another rom on the left, it doesn't save your changes or prompt you to save your changes; it just discards them.

Good feedback. Thank you! I'll have a look at these.

In Menu Editor tab,

- you can't highlight multiple games and drag them over. You have to drag them one at a time which is very time consuming.

- you can't highlight multiple sub-menus and move them into another sub-menu. You have to drag them one at a time which is very time consuming.

- add context menu when you right-click so you can Delete items and Add sub-menus.

- have the Short Name automatically populate with the first 8 chars of the Sub Menu name as you type it.

- add ability to import your menu structures from the old CC3 Editor.

More good feedback. You can delete by pressing the delete key. Is the preference a context menu then? Was planning the last 2 on beta 2. Seems to me I ran into a snag with multiple drags, I will look into it again.

My initial impression of this CC3 menu editor is positive and has definite potential. I'll certainly be switching over to use this one instead of Chad's.

Great work!

Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated. Glad you like it!

• 8 years later...

How do you edit the Menu on the Cuttle Cart 3 with a modern computer running Windows 10? The program provided here doesn't run properly on Windows 10 and gets an error message and you can't see the games list menu to edit it it or add new games. I tried the Linux version but it did not do anything when I clicked on the file cc3editor that shows a gear icon and is listed as a Program (application/x-executable) file and even typing cc3editor in a terminal window will not run the program, just gets a command not found error.

I have just installed it and it is working in Windows 11.  I do not have a Windows 10 machine anymore.  It should install on any version of Windows all the way back to WinXP.

I did notice two things when installing:

1. I was told that Windows Blocked the program from running.  It does this because so few have ever installed it that Windows does not know the program.  There is a MORE button on that dialog, click the more button and run anyway.

2. You need the 32bit version of ACE OLEDB12 installed as I use Access as a database.  You can get it at Microsoft: Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Center.  Be sure to get the 32 bit version as the 64 bit version does not work with this.

Follow the instructions on the text file included in the zip.

14 hours ago, daldude said:

How do you edit the Menu on the Cuttle Cart 3 with a modern computer running Windows 10? The program provided here doesn't run properly on Windows 10 and gets an error message and you can't see the games list menu to edit it it or add new games. I tried the Linux version but it did not do anything when I clicked on the file cc3editor that shows a gear icon and is listed as a Program (application/x-executable) file and even typing cc3editor in a terminal window will not run the program, just gets a command not found error.

I re-read your post.  There is no Linux version.  This works only on the Windows platform.

18 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

There is no Mac version. Windows is the only platform it will run on.

There is an older interface for Mac. I think anything after Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) are dead in the water. I have not tried to edit my CC3 in a while.