IGNORED

Mars mini games

I have some ideas for the 3rd game but nothing concrete at the moment. I'm interested in other peoples ideas for a shooter style game on the Inty. There are a few conditions :-

• Can be implemented without flicker.
  • A small amount of data is required for each "wave".
  • Random placement of baddies/obstacles is desirable.

Before anybody asks (not looking at DZ-Jay honest :ponder:) I'm not going to do Gyruss :lol:.

Vault assault can be an interesting mini game...

Atari 2600 homebrew in the store:

Atari 2600 homebrew with earth theme (you could change to Mars):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211085-earth-guard-a-new-2k-game/page__hl__+vault%20+assault#entry2733972

Great Astrocade version (I'm begining to like more and more the bally system):

• Like 1

I would like to see a Shoot em Up. You can use Caverns, remove the obstacles and put in enemies. I dont know if you heard about Sturmwind on the Dreamcast, but something like that (of course I am just talking about the gameplay) would be awesome. I know there are some games like that on the INTV, like Super Cobra, but I guess you can do it better ;)

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

I would like to see a Shoot em Up. You can use Caverns, remove the obstacles and put in enemies. I dont know if you heard about Sturmwind on the Dreamcast, but something like that (of course I am just talking about the gameplay) would be awesome. I know there are some games like that on the INTV, like Super Cobra, but I guess you can do it better ;)

Thanks for the idea. A shmup is certainly possible. Ideally I'd like the 3rd game to have its own visual style.

I have some ideas for the 3rd game but nothing concrete at the moment. I'm interested in other peoples ideas for a shooter style game on the Inty. There are a few conditions :-

• Can be implemented without flicker.
  • A small amount of data is required for each "wave".
  • Random placement of baddies/obstacles is desirable.

Before anybody asks (not looking at DZ-Jay honest :ponder:) I'm not going to do Gyruss :lol:.

Mini Self Destruct procedural shmup!

• Like 1

:lol: I've also been toying with the idea of something inspired by HERO (the Activision 2600 game) but I might save that train of thought for another time.

That would be so cool. H.E.R.O. is one of my all time favorites!

I'm trying to hunt down a C64 cart version. But no success so far.

• Like 1

About Laser Gates or Subterrenna style on the Atari 2600, by Imagic. For shooting games. Maybe something like the Riddle of the sphinx style game, but on mars. Maybe call it Cydonia, the face on mars. Look for clues or a short adventure game. Or maybe a Alien game. You shoot the mean Martians.

Plenty of good themes there. I'll make a decision soon and then see what drops out.

It'd be HERO inspired game and an Inty title in its own right. The Plot would be along the lines of "Gotta rescue those hapless scientists..... AGAIN!!!" :lol:.

Good enough for me on the Intellivision. For the original I still can use the Colecovision or the C64. ;-)

Heres a gifeo of Descent in action :-

post-21935-0-45435300-1368306765_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

The core of the mini game is there. Still the bells and whistles to do :-

- Animate the main/side thrusters.

- Decrease the fuel remaining when you apply thrust.

- Check the velocity in the X and Y directions on touchdown and if its outside the limits display something like "LANDED TOO FAST!" instead of "TOUCHDOWN!".

- Add speech.

- Add difficulty selection.

- Add an explosion if you hit the planet or go too far off the pad.

- Sound effects.

- Music jingle on success or death.

I'm still thinking about mini game 3. The two mini games are coming in under their ROM budgets so far. So maybe game 3 could be bigger or maybe two more mini games could be added. Choices.... choices....