IGNORED

Mars mini games

How about Space invaders type game but it's Mars being attacked. If the theme is an issue, try different Nasa, soviet, Chinese style landers and probes invading the red planet as the martians defend themselves.

(I know there are a lot of Space Armada fans but IMO there is just no decent intv version of a simple space invaders game.)

• Like 1

^^^^ :rolling: Just dropped on to post this :-

post-21935-0-59851700-1368370951_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

Just spent a couple of hours on its code this afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll take it any further because I just wanted to see what it'd look like.

Are you using GRAM sequencing of pre-shifted cards, or are you scrolling the screen horizontally, like Space Armada does?

Looks awesome, by the way!

Here's an idea, reserve one MOB and every once in a long while take one of the monsters out of formation and make him fly down on his own towards the player, shooting faster than the others--sort of like a very simplified version of Galaxians. :)

No need for complicated AI, just head towards the player, oscillating left and right in a wide pattern.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Are you using GRAM sequencing of pre-shifted cards, or are you scrolling the screen horizontally, like Space Armada does?

Yep! Its a GRAM sequencer. I didn't draw different alien graphics for each row because I didn't want to spend too much time on it. The code that generated that gifeo supports a different alien style per row so its just a matter of passing any bitmaps through my converter and including them in the source code.

Looks awesome, by the way!

Thanks for the compliment. Its kinda growing on me but I have other ideas too.

Here's an idea, reserve one MOB and every once in a long while take one of the monsters out of formation and make him fly down on his own towards the player, shooting faster than the others--sort of like a very simplified version of Galaxians. :)

No need for complicated AI, just head towards the player, oscillating left and right in a wide pattern.

Yep! Thats a good way to mix things up a bit.

Space Armada feels like molasses ;-(

They should have called it Bullet Time Armada

I don't have the game so I looked it up on youtube when I was thinking about the 3rd Mars mini game. Its not a good invaders clone with so many things thrown in the mix to make it look and play differently.

GB

^^^^ :rolling: Just dropped on to post this :-

post-21935-0-59851700-1368370951_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

Just spent a couple of hours on its code this afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll take it any further because I just wanted to see what it'd look like.

Looks good. Can any of these games have two player at the same time?

Also is the pre-order open on this one?

Looks good. Can any of these games have two player at the same time?

Not at the moment. The Inty sprites are all pretty much used up in the single player mini games so far.

Also is the pre-order open on this one?

Yep! Its all in the 1st post.

do the different rows of aliens have different characteristics (requiring multiple shots to kill, alternating between shield up/sheild down so you have to time shots, they can shoot back, etc)? You should make it an Intellivoice game and have a super alien up in the corner calling out commands to the drones and taunting the player ;-)

• Like 1

do the different rows of aliens have different characteristics (requiring multiple shots to kill, alternating between shield up/sheild down so you have to time shots, they can shoot back, etc)? You should make it an Intellivoice game and have a super alien up in the corner calling out commands to the drones and taunting the player ;-)

Dude, "mini game" remember!

Good ideas. Its already a voice cart so there is no problem using the IntelliVoice.