IGNORED

Mars mini games

Mystery Musician has done a brilliant arrangement of Holst's The Planets for the title sequence of the game. Its quite moody and atmospheric and fits the Martian theme of the mini games well.

Which of the planet themes is it? Mars the bringer of war? :evil:

My favorite is Jupiter, bringer of jollity. :)

Which of the planet themes is it? Mars the bringer of war? :evil:

My favorite is Jupiter, bringer of jollity. :)

OMG, you read my mind! Mars is very warlike with lots of clashes and bangs. It's amazing that it was written 100 years ago, yet still could serve as the soundtrack to modern warfare....or a Mars video game ;-)

Jupiter is the best of them all! It starts off frolicy and sputterery, then it finds itself and has a super triumphant theme, which is beautiful. Then it ends solid.

I hope it has some Jupiter! Would be good for when you beat the game and are watching credits.....ah, Megaman ;-)

OMG, you read my mind! Mars is very warlike with lots of clashes and bangs. It's amazing that it was written 100 years ago, yet still could serve as the soundtrack to modern warfare....or a Mars video game ;-)

Take a look on Star Trek IV - the Mars theme is there used on slightly altered.

The new Mystery Musician tune is now in Caverns. Once I've added increasing difficulty (its at medium/hard in the teaser ROM in the 1st post) and some sound effects Caverns will be pretty much done. The other two mini games still need to be finished and polished so its not in the home straight yet. Then I need to add a nice "stats page" to display the combined results of all the mini games.

The new Mystery Musician tune is now in Caverns. Once I've added increasing difficulty (its at medium/hard in the teaser ROM in the 1st post) and some sound effects Caverns will be pretty much done. The other two mini games still need to be finished and polished so its not in the home straight yet. Then I need to add a nice "stats page" to display the combined results of all the mini games.

Thanks for the progress report!

Hmmm. On August 16th you wrote...

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 PM

snapback.pngebelhaki, on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:07 PM, said:

Does this mean its almost ready for release?

There is still some work to do on this one. Menace needs quite a bit more doing to it, everything needs difficulty settings and sound effects and I still need to decide what the 4th mini game will be too.

Does this mean that you have decided against a 4th game?

Catsfolly

Does this mean that you have decided against a 4th game?

I have some vague ideas for a 4th mini game but nothing concrete at the moment. However, I don't know if I can make something fun out of the ideas that I've had so far :(. Some experimentation might be required and it also depends on the space available.

I have some vague ideas for a 4th mini game but nothing concrete at the moment. However, I don't know if I can make something fun out of the ideas that I've had so far :(. Some experimentation might be required and it also depends on the space available.

I cant recall the thread, but I remember something about u being a speed coding contest. Maybe build/tweak/ add our twist to on one of the games from the speed coding contest and add it to this one if there is room.

I cant recall the thread, but I remember something about u being a speed coding contest. Maybe build/tweak/ add our twist to on one of the games from the speed coding contest and add it to this one if there is room.

The hero in the AC2013 speed coding contest game was a medieval knight so there is not really a link to Mars there. I'll be going back to the AC2013 game at some point so I don't really want to take an idea from it for another game.