IGNORED

ABBUC Software-Contest 2013 - Entries

skr

@Karol: If it's the J ;) I am thinking then no worry because he was the only to know about this outside the game group.

And he didn't even deserve because one more year and again nothing from him with me or anybody else ;) .

If you understand who I am refering but you're saying other then just send me a P.M.

Edited by José Pereira

The game looks good... How the hell so many soft sprites? Ok... No background masking but well....

Looks nice, kinda like "HAR'em" in hi-res ;)

The sprites do not seem to mask, so 16 should not be a problem. Regarding that you get _easily_ 6 with multi-color masking...

Further I didn't see the whole video, but if you do no have much shapes you can always "compile them" as you know and then it get's even faster ;)

@Jose:

Morons of H.A.R. are working HARd! Although I must say, it's more like me and two other guys. Flash and OSon didn't have any time this year, but they were covered by 505 and Exin. To this point it isn't finished. Additionally, I am coming down with a cold or something. But almost all code is done.

We do not have enough to post a preview, but I can tell you it is not a simple shooter. It's more like an action-adventure.

ATM I am awaiting permission by Exin to post his title pic. At least for the technical minded it will be interesting :P

• Like 1

Looks nice, kinda like "HAR'em" in hi-res ;)

The sprites do not seem to mask, so 16 should not be a problem. Regarding that you get _easily_ 6 with multi-color masking...

Further I didn't see the whole video, but if you do no have much shapes you can always "compile them" as you know and then it get's even faster ;)

@Jose:

Morons of H.A.R. are working HARd! Although I must say, it's more like me and two other guys. Flash and OSon didn't have any time this year, but they were covered by 505 and Exin. To this point it isn't finished. Additionally, I am coming down with a cold or something. But almost all code is done.

We do not have enough to post a preview, but I can tell you it is not a simple shooter.

Just to say that when we talked about your early game and when you joke that if I will enter on the Contest you shouldn't share it with me then I must say that there wasn't anything. I didn't even think that amongst so many others in my head this way of building a shooter.

After that and suddenly I thought in this. I think that I show my idea at FWar and Xuel answered there and we two started the work in secret.

I had another one with 'the usual suspect' that again no time as usual.

With a bit of luck another one maybe. I answered to someone that need a gfxs guy. But there also another gfxs guy so we divided the work:

I got the main idea for the screen build (PMGs, Priorities and colours that is more my likes), the blocks and the Tittle/Hi-Scores fonts.

And he does the large gfxs and background gfxs.

Currently the Engine and the guy with the music is done (or almost...). Sadly the coder had to go these last two weeks in vacations but hopefully it ends it on the last days of this week. And it's great! So many games and so many coders interested and never start OR start and no end. In a week I was involved in three, now I have one for sure and with a bit of luck maybe two.

Finally! Hope that my luck continues...

@CrtXL:

Just to say that when we talked about your early game and when you joke that if I will enter on the Contest we were enemys and you shouldn't share it with me then I must say that there wasn't anything. I didn't even think that amongst so many others in my head this way of building a shooter.

After that and suddenly I thought in this.

I think that I show my idea at FWar and Xuel answered there and we two started the work in secret.

I had another one with 'the usual suspect' that again no time, as usual!...

And with a bit of luck another one, maybe.

I answered to someone that need a gfxs guy that wants to do a conversion of a modern Flash game. But there also another gfxs guy so we divided the work:

I got the main idea for the screen build (PMGs, Priorities and colours that is more my likes), the blocks and the Tittle/Hi-Scores fonts.

And he does the large gfxs and background screen.

Currently the Engine and the guy with the music is done (or almost...). Sadly the coder had to go these last two weeks in vacations but hopefully it ends it on the last days of this week.

By now I am not authorized to reveal more.

It's really great! So many games and so many coders interested and never start OR start and no end.

Then in just around a week I was involved in three, now I have one for sure and with a bit of luck maybe two.

Finally! Hope that my luck continues...

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

Update :

Entries so far:

Title - Genre - Author

Dev Wars - Game - Cliff Hatch

Speedway One - Game - Jan Johnsen

Fujitime - Tool - 8bitjunkie

X-8 - Game - Xuel

Slovenian Quiz - Quiz - Bostjan Gorisek

ATL+ATL Viewer - Tool - Holger Bommer

Please find information about SWC 2013 and most current list of entries there:

http://www.abbuc.de/...ort/78-software

Woah! loads of entries :thumbsup: consider subscribing folks and take part in the vote ;-)

Yesterday I was nearly at the point of admitting defeat and thinking I couldn't even get my game to run... but I've made some progress so still hoping to have something playable to enter :-o

Looks like we'll have some nice games and tools to enjoy this year :)

I have also started developing one of crazy ideas I got couple of months ago, but looks like summer just got in the way - vacations, warm weather, good company and beer just don't mix well with coding ;)

Sorry Jose, it looks like I'll skip this years compo, most of all because I think it wouldn't do justice to the game to be released with bunch of features missing that I won't be able to code before deadline :(

All the best to all coders in 2013 compo!

Use this opportunity well, I'm coming for the prizes next year ! ;)

• Like 1

Pop the temperature will quickly decreasing untili October. I don't drink beers but if I drink I don't understand why is it a drinking summer drink.

I hope that this time you get it. If we start right now then we'll we have it untill next year!

Oup of Topic: Trying to not waste and somehow get some money. Probably no way to get there but if I will... The old Talking Heads 'almost self lots of experimental in all his life' it's still alive and this time come with a promise, so or not so young called Saint. Vincent.

"We are the roads to nowhere come inside..."

;)

:)

@popmillo: Summer? I haven't seen this "summer" you are talking about. Was too busy coding ;)

Not 100% sure we finish in time, but have a peek at the title picture:

post-26420-0-66660900-1377585922_thumb.png

EDIT:

Holy C... forgot to mention that this pic is by Exin.

And many thanks to the G2F author making things like this possible.

heli_title.xex

Edited by Creature XL
  • Like 5

Heli in the Caves ?

Finally a Fort Apocalypse 2 for the A8 ?!? Would be fantastic, but I guess your game does not have to do anything with FA2...

Here is a german webpage about FA2, showing new levels and a map editor. I have no clue where one can download this (C64) version: http://videospielgeschichten.de/fortapocalypse2.html

Back to Heli in the Caves: Can you show some game-screenshots (not only the title)?

-Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

@popmillo: Summer? I haven't seen this "summer" you are talking about. Was too busy coding ;)

Huge kudos to all who manage to code during summer !

Guess I was weak and succombed to alure of 35C outside, cafe terraces near river filled with friendly people, cold bottles of beer sweating on table in front of us and barely dressed girls walking by... ;)

Really, largest obstacle for me was my day job - I spent most of my available coding energy on 'serious' projects during day, so when night came I could just relax ...

Hope we'll see that Heli game in couple of days, good luck with it !

Heli in the Caves ?

Finally a Fort Apocalypse 2 for the A8 ?!? Would be fantastic, but I guess your game does not have to do anything with FA2...

Here is a german webpage about FA2, showing new levels and a map editor. I have no clue where one can download this (C64) version: http://videospielgeschichten.de/fortapocalypse2.html

Back to Heli in the Caves: Can you show some game-screenshots (not only the title)?

-Andreas Koch.

Nahh.. it's not FA related :)

It's more a exploring-the-cave kinda thing. Shootable walls, gold to loot by shot down enemies and upgrades to buy.

Instead of screen shots I post a pic showing some of the cave's rooms and my "HARMapp0r".

Hacked together exclusively for this game using Windows Forms and C#. As I employ the "alternating char-set mode" which was brought to my intention by Jose, coding this tool was a a big help as handling it with CharPad wouldn't be possible without writing converter scripts.

Further, charlie chaplin, why are you so impatient? Aren't you the one, besides skriegel, who sees the entries in 4 days? ;)

I am pretty sure we will enter the game to the competition. What's missing now are SFX by 505 and gameplay/enemies.

And a bit of coding (upgrades and special items) but I guess that will be done tomorrow.

PS:

The bit of my desktop background is there on purpose. Maybe the one or the other can guess what that shows ;)

post-26420-0-89648800-1377618640_thumb.png

Hacked together exclusively for this game using Windows Forms and C#. As I employ the "alternating char-set mode" which was brought to my intention by Jose, coding this tool was a a big help as handling it with CharPad wouldn't be possible without writing converter scripts.

Hey CrtXL based on José it's the Alternating charsets but also my always trying to get the PMGs as overlays and/or underlays ;) !

So, in Prize you may win then I want a % (O.K., just a small %!...)!

:grin:

Edited by José Pereira

I get following reply after sending an email to software@abbuc.de and I receive it whatever I send there :-(

Could you confirm that you've correctly got the entry submission?

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

atari@unitybox.de

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<debski.jakub@wp.pl> SIZE=795737:

host mail.unitybox.de [80.69.98.111]: 587 debski.jakub@wp.pl Ihre Absender Domain stimmt nicht mit dem SPF-Record ueberein. Bitte wenden Sie sich an den Administrator des Systems, von dem Sie eine Email an unitymedia versenden wollen. sender domain does not match SPF records. Please do not complain at unitymedia, its a faulty setting of your used sender domain.

That Hunt with NTSC Artifacting.

But apart from this: It was, for the public, in general, that we have so little number of entries but then suddenly there are so much.

Would be and what is the record/year with most number of entries on the ABBUC Contest?

P.s.- And still have a hope that someone will return in time from his vacations and do a marathon to finish a 'certain' game ;) ...

Finally José Pereira!

Would be and what is the record/year with most number of entries on the ABBUC Contest?

Please check the lists on the ABBUC-page. It´s still under construction and the total overview with links to the games is missing, but it will answer your question quick already:

http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort/81-software/softwarewettbewerbe/1668-uebersicht-wettbewerbe

The deadline is August 31th, most games will be developed until that date...

Same procedure as every year. ;) So it´s safe to put Assembloids XE to the list?

To all competitors: Please check the name I write as author! If you want more or other names there, please tell me!

Update :

Entries so far:

Title - Genre - Author

Dev Wars - Game - Cliff Hatch

Speedway One - Game - Jan Johnsen

Fujitime - Tool - 8bitjunkie

X-8 - Game - Xuel

Slovenian Quiz - Quiz - Bostjan Gorisek

ATL+ATL Viewer - Tool - Holger Bommer

The Hunt - Game - Ilmenit

Please find information about SWC 2013 and most current list of entries there:

http://www.abbuc.de/...ort/78-software