IGNORED

ABBUC Software-Contest 2013 - Entries

skr

I'm really gutted as I've not been able to get my game "Ramp Rage" to run enough to enter :woozy: - assembling again now but it takes 40 mins on the XE if it even half runs I'll send it off. I've been working on it all day and nearly every day this month, I started about 6 months ago but it's been a tough learning curve... the assembler code flows nicely but it's debugging that takes forever, still i've learned loads.

I'll need to make a decision whether to complete the game and save it a whole year or just release it in a few months. I might be able to get some graphics and sound guys on board to help out.

Anyway enough whining and congratulations to everyone who has entered, really looking forward to seeing your creations :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

p.s. If anyone wants to subscribe to abbuc it's 32 euros for the year, a bargain for these games alone - you can pay by paypal too :)

• Like 1

Looks like I'm out as I have a ram leak somewhere :(

post-19705-0-03926700-1377984200_thumb.png :-o

Here are a few WIP screenshots - the game "has" simple PMGs and various PF items. You scroll down, complete jumps landing on targets avoiding various nasties and items and collect power-ups and dock to complete the levels... The game will have the skill factor of making the landings and be a cross between River Rat/Raid and Spy Hunter (ok a pale imitation of these three great games)...

I've coded (well, almost coded as it would appear) a few routines to build tables from the envison maps and populate these with item flags based on quantities from another table and another routine writes PF objects from this (some items shown below) ... not sure yet whether to have river raid style playfields or more open perhaps a mixture of both to give room for the PMG baddies... trying to write some simple AI for them - they seem to be fun to do....

I'm thinking assembler is like having a baby, once you have the first one the rest will fly out :D After nearly 30 years it's been a big shock (and probably half the problem) that compared to basic you have so much RAM to play with; I kept thiking of things and adding them where as usually after a while in basic (about 4PF screens), you hit the limit... need to learn DLIs and try the scrolling in the VB and could do with help on compression of playfields but I can have some time off now (my 1050's really need a holiday) and get back to kicking some Atari butt in the High Score Club :D

post-19705-0-00131100-1377984189_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-67124100-1377984190_thumb.png

post-19705-0-13101700-1377984192_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-78654800-1377984193_thumb.png

post-19705-0-27991900-1377984195_thumb.pngpost-19705-0-12407200-1377984197_thumb.png

post-19705-0-79875700-1377984198_thumb.png

• Like 4

Hey, I'm missing in the credits! :)

Sorry, I had to guess. Can´t edit old postings, so here´s the correction:

Update :

Entries so far:

Title - Genre - Author

Dev Wars - Game - Cliff Hatch

Speedway One - Game - Jan Johnsen

Fujitime - Tool - 8bitjunkie

X-8 - Game - Xuel

Slovenian Quiz - Quiz - Bostjan Gorisek

ATL+ATL Viewer - Tool - Holger Bommer

The Hunt - Game - Ilmenit

Ten-liners - Game - The NOMAMs

Assembloids XE - Game - xeen, Adam, stRing

Battle Eagle - Game - Cosine

Rolltris - Game - MaPa, PG

Death Chase - Game - Odyn1ec, stRing, ADAM, xxl

Xirious defect - Game - Matosimi

Please find information about SWC 2013 and most current list of entries there:

http://www.abbuc.de/...ort/78-software

Xirius defect

Well,

I wouldn`t send in a game that has the word "defect" in its filename or title (lots of people will think the game is defect and therefore does not work)... ;-)

What is the aim or the goal of the game ?

-Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 1

Please be patient! I have lots of work and many forums to keep updated. As this is an ABBUC competititon, the most current and only relevant list can be found at the ABBUC:

http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort

And the first updated forum always is that one:

http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7404&p=57648#p57648

Best regards,

Sascha

Edit:

Entries so far:

Title - Genre - Author

Dev Wars - Game - Cliff Hatch

Speedway One - Game - Jan Johnsen

Fujitime - Tool - 8bitjunkie

X-8 - Game - Xuel, José Pereira

Slovenian Quiz - Quiz - Bostjan Gorisek

ATL+ATL Viewer - Tool - Holger Bommer

The Hunt - Game - Ilmenit

Ten-liners - Game - The NOMAMs

Assembloids XE - Game - xeen, Adam, stRing

Battle Eagle - Game - Cosine

Rolltris - Game - MaPa, PG

Death Chase - Game - Odyn1ec, stRing, ADAM, xxl

Xirious defect - Game - Matosimi

Heli in the cave / Game / Creature XL, Exin, 505, flash

1 Game in compliance check

1 Game announced but not arrived

Please find information about SWC 2013 and most current list of entries there:

http://www.abbuc.de/...ort/78-software

Edited by skr

Do you guys ever sleep? ;)

I am still travelling and I have an unbelievable amount of emails to work through for the SWC and lots of things to work on. So please allow me some time to react. After all, I´m only human too. ;)

Only while assembling :sleep:

I think I know why you're always travelling http://www.rossnoble.co.uk/ :D ;)