IGNORED

Suggestions Wanted for Season 7

This HSC is your club and so I thought that it was about time that I asked what you do and don't like about it. Season 7 will be on us in a little more than two months and so this thread is a place for your suggestions on how to make the HSC more fun and ways in which it can be improved for Season 7.

What I propose to do is to collate your suggestions into one or more polls that everyone can then vote on. Those suggestions with a clear positive majority in the voting will then be implemented for Season 7.

One suggestion I have is that we have occasional genre based short tournaments, e.g. a tournament focussed around shmups for instance. These would be run in parallel with the normal HSC.

• 1 month later...

So now we can play elmo cause it was released as rom right :)

Absolutely - whatever rocks your boat :) Just need to request it when I canvas everyone for game suggestions for next season. BTW - elmo is highly underrated :)

I really would love to include more homebrew games in the competition.

Oh ok didn't know the rom had to be released.

Yeah - need the games to be playable by the majority of those participating. So, in the case of homebrew games many of the players in the HSC don't buy them and so I try and only include homebrews when the rom is available so they can then play via emulation.

BTW - nice avatar - my all-time favourite movie.

I will pick three homebrew games (released rom) for the next season of the hsc. I wonder if we could have a few rounds of homebrew games released this year on cart scattered throughout the year. ( the rounds wouldn't count towards season scores and would run concurrently with a season game) That might be a way to attract more of the active colecovision owners on the boards.

Edited by Manoau2002

I will pick three homebrew games (released rom) for the next season of the hsc. I wonder if we could have a few rounds of homebrew games released this year on cart scattered throughout the year. ( the rounds wouldn't count towards season scores and would run concurrently with a season game) That might be a way to attract more of the active colecovision owners on the boards.

Hey, I really like that idea - that is definitely going to happen - thanks for the excellent suggestion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a thought - how about I track how many rounds each player beats the Twin Galaxies high score. The player with the highest number of Twin Galaxy wins a free framed image of the artwork or flyer associated with a game of their choice (but has to be one of the games they beat the Twin Galaxies score in). The image would include some form of homage to the high score achieved for that game.

Printing, frame and postage would be at my expense.

Note that the only criteria for scores to be accepted is that a screenshot is compulsory to be counted as beating the Twin Galaxies high score.

Thoughts?

• Like 1