IGNORED

nanochess' Colecovision collection

Hi everyone.

A little more than a year ago I've started collecting Colecovision loose cartridges, just for fun, in fact I started with the better games (I think) and then added one, other one, another one and without warning I started a collection :) that finally I've completed in May/15/2013 (obviously not including the S.O.S cartridge, given that only one or two exists)

Some items were pure luck, like the Super-Sketch (Sketch Master) that I don't even intended to get.

The Wizard of Id Wizmath and Q*bert Qubes were other two very difficult to obtain.

Besides I've got five Q*bert before getting one with good label and in the process I got one with a silver label (not here because I think it doesn't fit along the other Parker Brothers)

It took me one hour to unpack, fifteen minutes for the pictures and another hour to pack again :)

So enjoy it!

[bTW, I have some duplicate Colecovision homebrews, but with one is enough to show :)]

gallery_30245_975_477525.jpg

gallery_30245_975_656277.jpg

gallery_30245_975_526438.jpg

gallery_30245_975_509482.jpg

Added Jun/07/2013

Now my Colecovision cartridges duplicates, most are in not so good state, primary cause of having to order more cartridges. This picture includes the rare Q*bert with silver label. Also the Facemaker and Smurf's Paint and Play Workshop cartridges doesn't work. Also included three Atari cartridges that doesn't work.

gallery_30245_975_74466.jpg

My collection of homebrews (part 1), including the Zombie Near game I wrote (I've four of this one :))

gallery_30245_975_233767.jpg

My collection of homebrews (part 2), including the Princess Quest game I wrote (I've two of this one :))

gallery_30245_975_76081.jpg

And here is my very small Atari Collection.

gallery_30245_975_56916.jpg

Update Jun/11/2013:

My small MSX collection, including the games I've wrote.

gallery_30245_975_51708.jpg

Update Jun/26/2013:

A recent addition to my Atari collection, plus all the other platform cartridges in my collection.

BTW, someone used a permanent marker in the Total Recall cartridge :(. For being my first two NES games, I choosed the most unplayable games :D

I like very much the colorful label of the Atlantis cartridge for Intellivision :)

gallery_30245_975_79158.jpg

gallery_30245_975_71846.jpg

Update Aug/25/2013:

Recent additions to my Sega Master System collection :). Only Out Run 3D has the manual, so technically it is the only CIB.

gallery_30245_975_171850.jpg

Update Mar/06/2014:

Just taken pictures of all my homebrew collection without duplicates:

gallery_30245_975_579088.jpg

gallery_30245_975_142210.jpg

Update Jun/21/2014:

gallery_30245_975_32131.jpg

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 13

I could probably track them down if you are interested.

Thanks. I'll take it in account for the future if I become a more serious collector.

Currently I have a serious trouble with space :D (part of the reason why I don't have collected CIB games)

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice loot you have there! How did you find the Super Sketch?

I was talking through Internet with someone about the difficulties I had when getting the last two cartridges (Q*Bert Qubes and Wizmath) for my collection and unexpectedly this person said "Would you like to get a Super Sketch?", I didn't think twice, I got it! :)

I do really enjoy looking at other's collection

Thanks for showing your collection updated. :)

Thanks you! In fact now I've noted I forgot completely to show my Atarimax Colecovision Ultimate SD Cartridge :)

Still remains to show 7 Intellivision loose cartridges, 2 NES cartridges and 1 SMS cartridge. And just I've added Halo 2600

Would love to own the Sword Quest series.

The concept is mind blowing!!

And I'm a ColecoVision fanboy who doesn't own ANY Atari2600 stuff beside some Coleco A2600 games

I'm pretty surprised (and proud) of having it :).

I got Waterworld just because the offer was good (it included comic, manual and guide), the guy included Earthworld and then when I was updating my list I discovered already I had Fireworld :D

• Like 1

I got Waterworld just because the offer was good (it included comic, manual and guide), the guy included Earthworld and then when I was updating my list I discovered already I had Fireworld :D

That's funny, I'm also a fan of SwordQuest. The games themselves are admittedly terrible, but there's something weirdly magical and magnetic about them, which I can't really explain. Maybe it's the in-game mechanic of discovering items in secret rooms, picking them up and dropping them off in other rooms to get some kind of reward. A crude mechanic, but unique in its own way. :)

Today, I'm in the mood to let you all in on a little secret: I've been thinking of remaking the SwordQuest series on the ColecoVision for several years. It's like a little holy grail for me, much like doing Zelda on ColecoVision is a holy grail of J-F. I envision these SwordQuest remakes as isometric games which draw more inspiration from the SwordQuest comics than the actual Atari games.

Below are some VERY old mockups I did, according to an old, obsolete vision I once had of the remakes. If I were to do the SwordQuest remakes today, they would be very different. They would still use isometric graphics, but the rooms would have a LOT more content, and the end result woud look something like a simplified version of the NES game "Solstice".

I may never get around to actually doing these proposed SwordQuest remakes on ColecoVision, but the desire to do them is definately there. :)

post-7743-0-54464000-1371582793_thumb.png

• Like 5

That's funny, I'm also a fan of SwordQuest. The games themselves are admittedly terrible, but there's something weirdly magical and magnetic about them, which I can't really explain. Maybe it's the in-game mechanic of discovering items in secret rooms, picking them up and dropping them off in other rooms to get some kind of reward. A crude mechanic, but unique in its own way. :)

Today, I'm in the mood to let you all in on a little secret: I've been thinking of remaking the SwordQuest series on the ColecoVision for several years. It's like a little holy grail for me, much like doing Zelda on ColecoVision is a holy grail of J-F. I envision these SwordQuest remakes as isometric games which draw more inspiration from the SwordQuest comics than the actual Atari games.

Below are some VERY old mockups I did, according to an old, obsolete vision I once had of the remakes. If I were to do the SwordQuest remakes today, they would be very different. They would still use isometric graphics, but the rooms would have a LOT more content, and the end result woud look something like a simplified version of the NES game "Solstice".

I may never get around to actually doing these proposed SwordQuest remakes on ColecoVision, but the desire to do them is definately there. :)

Very nice graphics!

Although I'm not really a fan of SwordQuest games, I got this complete series just by accident :).

Besides with the graphics you have you can do a very nice original game :)

Edited by nanochess