IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

Also, is it just me or are these carts really hard to get into the 2600? Because I've been struggling to make it fit.

I've had zero issues cramming any of the AtariAge carts into my Woodgrain 4-switcher, though I've had a couple of wierdly shaped third party carts stick a little.

What model Atari are you using? Heavy 6, Light 6, Woodgrain 4, Vader 4, Jr, or 7800?

The carts are all original Atari carts so I don't know why they wouldn't fit. There's a spring inside that gives some resistance, maybe it's getting stuck? You can use a screwdriver or something to push in a tab on the cart and then push down the cover gate. If it is hard to push down then that's the problem.

My princess Rescue cartridge arrived today!

When I first played it, pressing up on the joystick wouldn't fire. I freaked out a little bit.

I switched to the Genesis pad and it fired. Switched back to an Atari joystick, and that fired okay.

I had the Difficulties both set to A, and an AtariVox was plugged in. Maybe that caused it to sense a Genesis when the stick was in?

No problems since.

I see Al has announced this game on the storefront page and Facebook.

I hope you sell a lot of copies. This game is what the Atari 2600 is all about - great gameplay!

If I can put all my thoughts into the right words, this is one game I want to review!

Hmmmmm....

It almost sounds like the joystick wasn't plugged in all the way or you have a loose wire on that joy. Once you replugged it in it made all the connections again.

• Like 1

Also, is it just me or are these carts really hard to get into the 2600? Because I've been struggling to make it fit.

Once mine comes in I'm gonna give it a go on my self made portable Atari 2600 and my AV modded 4 switch wood grain. I won't get it for a while yet, cuz I'll be getting it CIB. I'm curious if I'll have the same issue. From what I understand Al is using old cart cases for the homebrews and occasionally I will come across an old Atari 2600 game that has a little bit of an issue getting in and out of an Atari system only because the dust protector that's supposed to slide up and down rather sticks or sticks in the inserted position causing it not to properly line up with the cover slider on the Atari 2600.

• Like 1

The PCB inside the cartridge can shift a bit, causing the dust cover mechanism to get stuck. This can usually be fixed by wiggling the cart while pushing it into the console and/or by pressing down on the label side of the cart closest to the 2600 while inserting the cart.

..Al

Only seven boxed copies of Princess Rescue remain!

..Al

Is this a limited run, or will there be more available? I already ordered but it's sort of like frosted mini wheats -- the player in me wants a second run but the collector in me wants limited edition. :D

Is this a limited run, or will there be more available? I already ordered but it's sort of like frosted mini wheats -- the player in me wants a second run but the collector in me wants limited edition. :D

Limited to 100 boxes.

Let me know when the 100 are gone so I can pretend I meant to order one and fuss about it.

Cart only for me. I would just feel bad after losing the box anyway. A cart can go in my woodgrain storage tower. then again I used to lose the manuals that came with my NES games as a youngin' and old habits stick with us. My Atari games never had manuals as they all came from flea markets.

You've got it all backwards. The collector in me wants the box; the player in me just wants to cram the cart into the Atari. The unboxed edition is unlimited.

Only seven boxed copies of Princess Rescue remain!

..Al

Crap, it looks like I'll never get my wishlist fulfilled at this rate! :rolling:

post-33189-0-70757200-1369732635_thumb.png

Edited by stardust4ever

Sprybug, I'm curious if you changed the AI a bit from one BJ battle to the next. I've beaten the World 1 boss numerous times, but I keep getting licked by BJ at the end of World 2. I noticed when I run underneath him as he jumps, then I prepare to jump on his head and he doesn't park himself in the same place that he did in World 1. My strategy is to try to get close enough to him right where he stops moving and attempt to multibonk on his head. I die a lot. Boss memorization has always been a weakness of mine with NES style 8-bit games btw.