IGNORED

Arcade/MAME HSC Season 5.20: Pepper II

I have a love/hate thing going on with Pepper II. It can be very fun, but I’ve been avoiding it because it usually makes me want to smash my fist through the screen in frustration.

I simply cannot count how many cheap deaths I’ve had on this game where one of those monsters spawns without warning right as I’m passing by and I die. The absolute WORST is when I’m heading out one of the exits and just as I’m about to traverse the last few pixels to go to an adjacent screen, a monster spawns in that doorway kills me. AAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!

Learning some quick-zip patterns for each of the screens is critical, so you can make the most of your powerup time (there was a nice strategy article in issue #2 of Retrocade Magazine that talks about this). Maybe I just suck, but due to how limited you are in where you can move, the enemies erratically changing directions, and the speed of your character, I find it almost impossible to survive on a given maze for more than a few seconds without powerups.

Anyway, I’ll suffer through this and get a score up before the deadline…

That's the end of this week's competition. I played a few games, but never got around to posting my score. Wish I had more time to play. That'll be changing soon...only 4 more days of school! :) Look for the new game to be posted shortly.

Sorry, Classicgamer...your last score was posted after the deadline. :(