IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 3: Release 2

This is the menu editor not the device, sorry about the topic!

Before you install this version: I changed the upgrade code instead of the product code (silly mistake), so you will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this one, upgrading does not work. If you have made changes to your data, back up the CC3ME.mdb file first (located C:\NaberHood\CC3ME\CC3ME.MDB if you used the default installation location) and copy it back after the new installation.

New Version: CC3MEr2.zip

Changes

Matching Tab:

1. I added the ability to right-click and remove either the ROM or Manual that had previously been applied. First left click the row with the item to remove, then right-click to get a context menu with a choice to remove the ROM/CRC or the Manual.

Description Editor Tab:

1. Exists column removed as it was unused and no longer necessary.

2. When you now update a description, the fields go blank and the data grid unselects all rows.

3. When you have an un-saved description on the right and try to move to another ROM on the left, you are asked if you want to discard changes.

1. Clicking Yes moves you to the new ROM name you have selected and fills the fields with the selected description.

2. Clicking No, keeps the fields as they are and the selected ROM remains. Clicking No when entering a new record, keeps the fields as they are and no ROMs are selected. After clicking No you have the opportunity to save the changed data using the Add/Update button.

[*]When changing a record you may notice that it does not update on the Matching tab, simply click the Reload Mch button on the Matching tab. Reloading the matching ROMs takes a few seconds and would be annoying when each description is updated. The button does all of them at once when you are finished updating.

Menu Editor Tab:

1. You can now select a block of games or several individual games that are not next to each other on the right and drag them to a menu on the left. They are placed in the order you selected them.

2. I thought about the ability to move multiple menus or games at one time on the menu on the left. I do not see having to move more than a couple items in any one session. If you need to make a sweeping change, just create a new menu. Due to my programming time constraints, I chose not to update.

3. While a context menu to remove an item in the menu on the left can be done, this function is covered by clicking on the item and pressing your delete key.

4. The short menu name is automatically typed when you type your menu name, up to the first 8, non-space characters. It can be edited further if you do not like the first 8 characters.

5. I thought about importing old CC3 menus and decided against it. The list of ROMs on this tab are all of the ROMs that you currently have. Implementing an import routine for previous CC3 menus has the chance of importing a menu item that you do not currently have the ROM for, which is what I am trying to avoid by only showing ROMs that you do have, plus programming time constraints again.

Miscellaneous:

Changed all data grids to be read only

Enjoy

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 2

Don't know how many people are out there bugging you for another batch, but here's my bug! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway to off load manufacture and support to another entity, just to help the community out? Seems like that's what Mr Atari did and got Atarimax to make and sell them...

Sorry for the Bug icon_dunce.gif

Don't know how many people are out there bugging you for another batch, but here's my bug! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway to off load manufacture and support to another entity, just to help the community out? Seems like that's what Mr Atari did and got Atarimax to make and sell them...

Sorry for the Bug icon_dunce.gif

he isnt the creator of the cc3. just made a nice program/ editor for it. there is possibly a new multi cart coming from a great guy here in this forum.

Drop Albert a PM and he can give you permission to permanently edit the first post. That way you can always put your latest release in the 1st post as well. There is a thread where you ask all the mods for permanent editing privileges in the web site section on AA too.

• 2 weeks later...

The software won't install unless you have a drive C:.

You should be able to install it on any drive. I was having security problems writing to the Access file when installed to the program files directory. Installing to a directory outside the program files directory does not carry the issue.

• 3 months later...

In my case, running Windows 8 64-bit, I didn't already have 32-bit database drivers installed. This resulted in a crash on startup. You need to be sure to download and install the 32-bit redistributable from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=13255

You can't run both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of those drivers at the same time.

• 2 years later...

The program was written for me to make it easier to create and later modify the CC3 Menu. If others can make use of it, great. I do not own an Apple anything and therefore have no need to have a mac version.

The only thing I would like to see added to it is the ability to import an existing CC3 configuration. But with LTO around the corner that will have that capability, I do not see a need to make that happen.

The program was written for me to make it easier to create and later modify the CC3 Menu. If others can make use of it, great. I do not own an Apple anything and therefore have no need to have a mac version.

The only thing I would like to see added to it is the ability to import an existing CC3 configuration. But with LTO around the corner that will have that capability, I do not see a need to make that happen.

I know that Steve has plans to include Intellicart! and Cuttle Cart 3 support in the LTO Flash! GUI in the near future.

im assuming he means the software so you can import your files from intellicart and cc3 into the lto software. Not sure why you would import the intellicart software though.

That makes sense and I thought the same about the Intellicart which is why I didn't mention it.