IGNORED

The Name My Homebrew Operation Contest

Robert M

Hi all,

I am trying to put together my own homebrew operation. I am designing a new circuit board, looking at prices on boxes, labels and such. Anywho! I am having a problem coming up with a name for my little enterprise. I was going to use RPM Productions since RPM is my initials, but that is already taken. :x :sad:

So now I am at a loss. I need you guys to make up a name for my little venture. I will pick the three names I like best. There will be a Grand Prize, and second and third prizes. The winners I chose will receive.

Grand prize:

- Strategy X by Konami

- Venture by Coleco

- A copy of the first game I publish! 8)

Second prize:

- Commando Raid by US games

- Infiltrate by Apollo

Third prize

- Fast Eddie by 20th Century Fox

I will send all the cartridges, except the first game I publish, immediately after the contest is over. I will send the remaining cart to the grand prize winner when it is published. I am aiming to be publishing by the Midwest Classic, but no promises on an exact date yet :ponder:. If I fail to publish within the year 2003, however, I will send a consolation prize to be determined later. ;)

Rules:

1. You may enter as many times as you wish.

2. The name must not already be in use by another entity. If I search on Google, the name should not show up being used by another company.

3. Nothing obscene :roll:

4. If you provide an idea/graphic for a logo along with the name, your chances of winning will be improved.

5. The contest will end at sometime on Saturday March 1st, 2003. So get your entries in by Friday to make sure they get in before the deadline.

6. I do not promise to use the final Grand prize winner as the name for my operation, but their will be 3 winners chosen none the less.

7. From time to time during the contest I will state my opinion about the entries thus far. So people can enter again if they so choose. This will be a semi-interactive process.

8. By entering the contest you relinquish all rights to the name or any graphics you include in your entry to me. At the end of the contest, If you do not win the grand prize, then I return the right back to the submitters. I will keep the rights to the grand prize name for myself to use as I see fit. :)

Things to Consider:

- My Full Name is Robert Paul Mundschau. I usually go by Rob, but many people call me Bob. If you want to build from that, you may but its not at all necessary in my opinion.

- I want the name to have a Retro "feel" to it. For example existing names like "Atari Age", "Pixels Past", and "Xype" are great names in my opinion.

- Shorter is better (but throw it out there if you think it sounds good).

- Don't be afraid to ask questions. I want this contest to get me a really great name.

Good-luck! And thanks for playing!

O.K., let's see how well I do on this contest!

2. The name must not already be in use by another entity.  If I search on Google, the name should not show up being used by another company.

I have a name idea, and I used every search engine I could find (Google,Yahoo,Lycos,MSN,HotBot,ask.com,Altavista, and Netscape), and I couldn't find a site that had the word I used in the name, so here is my entry:

DigiRetro Productions

4. If you provide an idea/graphic for a logo along with the name, your chances of winning will be improved.  

Well here's a graphic idea. Don't have any paint program except the one that came with Windows.

post-861-1045891791_thumb.png

Hi there!

- I want the name to have a Retro "feel" to it.  For example existing names like "Atari Age", "Pixels Past", and "Xype" are great names in my opinion.

I always like names with lesser popular letters like "Q", "X", "Y" & "Z" in them. They always sound cool & fresh I think.

Compare this:

"Cassandra Games"

with

"Kazzandra Games"

Now, which sounds better? 8)

Greetings,

Manuel

Question: I did a Google search of your name and it led me to this c64 site with this game:

Yote.gif

Programmed by: Robert Mundschau in 1995

Is this you?

"Yote" is an interesting word: 1 meaning refers to an old African game, the other is a short form of "Coyote".

YOTE PRODUCTIONS is available.

I can do better than this! :P But first I need to go to bed and get a good night's sleep!

Contest Feedback #1

BTW - The order below implies nothing other than the order I copy pasted the entries thus far.

"Bounty Bob's Gaming Glory" - I don't like the Bounty Bob part because that's a registered trademark (i think). The second half is cool. Trim it and try again MMF it has promise.

"Homebrew Ranch" - Honestly my initial impression was of a homemade salad dressing. On second look I like it. Its still in the running.

"Seki" - Cool tie in to Atari and short, but too obscure. I have to say no.

"N.O.A.H." - Too complicated for my taste, but please try again.

"Yote Productions" - Yep, that's me :D funny how out of all my C64 titles that one is the only one really on the internet. I like this name. It is in the running.

"VCS Renaissance" - Good. Its in the running

"Kazzandra Games" - Okay now give my wacky letters in a name that invokes Retro gaming. Kazzandra is too obscure if it refers to retro gaming. I am assuming its just an example.

"Bob-Tastic Games" - Nice, but I have to vote no.

"DigiRetro Productions" - Thanks for the logo work. I like it! Its in the running.

"Bob's Atari Experience" - Hmm... Has potential, but right now it sounds to me like the title of an autobiography.

These are great entries so far. Keep them coming people!