IGNORED

The Name My Homebrew Operation Contest

Robert M

Okay, I checked to see if any of these names are in use via Google searches.

The names Gravideo and Redline Studios are already taken. Too bad too, because I really like Redline Studios.

The name RPM Games was in use, but the website is now defunct. It has not been updated since June 2002, and the previous operator has stated no intention to update it ever again. So I'm leaving that one in for now.

So these 2 are eliminated:

Gateway to Aphsai => Gravideo

maibock => Redline Studios

Final Results!

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience. First of all let me cover the replacement prize for Infiltrate. As I posted earlier in this thread I discovered in testing the prize catridges that the Infiltrate cartridge was no longer working, and needed to be replaced. I hereby declare that the replacement game is Mogul Maniac.

It was not easy picking the final winner. I got my wife to help. We each gave a score to each entry. I added them up, and the winners below was the result.

My wife asked me to point out that her favorite of all the entries was Bob-tastic games.

Grand Prize:

RPM*Games - by Joey Bastard

Second Prize:

Vintage Pixels - by kripto

Third Prize:

VBI Homebrew - by ChrisJohn

Congratulations to the winners, please PM me your mailing address and I will send out your prize.

Thanks again to everyone who participated and helped to make this contest so much fun. I really enjoyed it, and I hope you all did too.

BTW:

My next contest will be a label design competition for Gravity Ball. It will be in 2-3 months time. I will be coordinating it wilth Albert. We want to wait until there is a playable demo of the game. I hope to see you all entering that contest as well.

Cheers!

Anyway, Gateway To Aphsai's first post in the contest said that there is a C64 game you created.

If I can find it on the internet, is it all right to download it and play it on an emulator? :ponder:

You forgot to answer this.

Good contest, it was hard to find a name that wasn't used already.

Looking forward to the label contest when it happens. :D

Anyway, Gateway To Aphsai's first post in the contest said that there is a C64 game you created.

If I can find it on the internet, is it all right to download it and play it on an emulator? :ponder:

You forgot to answer this.

Good contest, it was hard to find a name that wasn't used already.

Looking forward to the label contest when it happens. :D

Sorry, I was going to answer and then I got distracted and forgot. Sure go ahead and play it on the emulator. It was published in a magazine-on-a-disk but I retain the distribution rights. Enjoy!

...I am having a problem coming up with a name for my little enterprise.  I was going to use RPM Productions since RPM is my initials, but that is already taken.   :x  :sad:
...The name RPM Games was in use, but the website is now defunct.  It has not been updated since June 2002, and the previous operator has stated no intention to update it ever again.  So I'm leaving that one in for now.

Grand Prize:

RPM*Games - by Joey Bastard

11doh.gif I should have seen that coming!

Third prize

- Fast Eddie by 20th Century Fox

Since I don't own a copy, I really wanted this game! bncry.gif

I found the following info at this site::ponder:

https://secure.selectedhosting.com/selected.../whois/whois.py

Selected Hosting Whois Lookup

Registrant:

The Hotel California (RPMGAMES-DOM)

1653 Caliente Ct.

Las Vegas, NV 89119

US

Domain Name: RPMGAMES.COM

Administrative Contact:

The Hotel California (20378640O) jeffr@THCNET.NET

The Hotel California

1653 Caliente Ct.

Las Vegas, NV 89119

US

702-798-5278 fax: 702-697-5007

Technical Contact:

VeriSign, Inc. (HOST-ORG) namehost@WORLDNIC.NET

VeriSign, Inc.

21355 Ridgetop Circle

Dulles, VA 20166

US

1-888-642-9675

Record expires on 20-Mar-2003.

Record created on 20-Mar-2001.

Database last updated on 2-Mar-2003 04:41:43 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.DNSSERVER8.COM 207.182.248.140

NS2.DNSSERVER8.COM 207.182.248.141

Good Luck trying to get this domain name. :|

Later! 8)

First let me say Thanks for picking my entry - it's an honor. :D

Second, I saw that rpmgames.com was a dead site, so I thought it would be OK to enter it. If it isn't cool, it's OK if I'm no longer the winner, I don't want to cheat out any of the other entries. No hard feelings :)

Hi,

I apologize to the winners for going MIA for 2 days. Overtime at work plus a broken furnace at home have kept me busy. I will put the prize packages together tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow.

RE: www.rpmgames.com. Its a defunct site, but more importantly I have learned that I could use www.rpmgames.biz or www.rpmgames.net.

In the end I might use a free hosting service in which case it will be rpmgames.somefreehost.com. When I get the website running I will be sure to share the address.

Cheers!

RE: www.rpmgames.com.  Its a defunct site, but more importantly I have learned that I could use www.rpmgames.biz  or www.rpmgames.net.  

In the end I might use a free hosting service in which case it will be rpmgames.somefreehost.com.  When I get the website running I will be sure to share the address.

Drop me a line and we'd be glad to host your site, and we don't have any annoying pop-up ads or banners. :) If you have to choose between rpmgames.biz and rpmgames.net I would strongly recommend going for .net. Hope you can get rpmgames.com, though! I don't think I've ever gone to a site with a .biz address. That's just a money grab from the dotcom boom..

..Al

• 2 weeks later...