IGNORED

Intv2 Arcade Controller pre-order / interest list

I think its said not often enough: Awesome work and a big thank you for this arcade stick.

thanks,

hopefully the people who have them like them and will post here :)

I tried the best I could to make them. I do have upgraded stickers for battery and the no screw coming - I put kapton tape over that spot. So I'll mail those out to everyone next week.

I had a chance to try this joystick tonight and it is awesome! I have mine set for 4-way and it makes game play much better as movement feels more precise and using this new controller allows me to play longer without getting cramps in my hands like the traditional Intellivision II controllers! Also, when playing games that require you to press the side buttons while moving with the disc, this controller has a much more natural feel and you will find that games are simply more fun with a controller of this quality. Very well done and thank you for doing this! :)

• Like 1

I tried the joystick - an 8-way - over the weekend. I played Choptlifter, Stonix, Pacman and Space Battle. It is perfect!!! I know that the 4-way would be easier w/Pacman, but I had no issues using the 8-way...it just plays like a normal joystick. All and all, really cool and a wonderful upgrade...something that was sorely missing on the Intellivision...really awesome work...highly recommended!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your expertise and hard work on this!!

Best,

Scott

P.S.

Maybe a A5200 Joystick next ;-)

Someone PM'd me for more details on how it played - its a Neo Geo Stick w/4 buttons. All 4 buttons work. The Neo Geo stick is meant to be an arcade stick, so its basically a joystick with a base that has 4 buttons. It has a nice feel and you can get a version that moves in all 8 directions. I played 4 different games on it and all played extremely well - great response time, natural feel. If you play Intellivision and have some $s, it is a material improvement over playing with the original controllers.

Scott

I tried the joystick - an 8-way - over the weekend. I played Choptlifter, Stonix, Pacman and Space Battle. It is perfect!!! I know that the 4-way would be easier w/Pacman, but I had no issues using the 8-way...it just plays like a normal joystick. All and all, really cool and a wonderful upgrade...something that was sorely missing on the Intellivision...really awesome work...highly recommended!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your expertise and hard work on this!!

Best,

Scott

P.S.

Maybe a A5200 Joystick next ;-)

I don't have a A5200 system, but if someone has one to sell for cheap I'll certainly look at it.

Someone PM'd me for more details on how it played - its a Neo Geo Stick w/4 buttons. All 4 buttons work. The Neo Geo stick is meant to be an arcade stick, so its basically a joystick with a base that has 4 buttons. It has a nice feel and you can get a version that moves in all 8 directions. I played 4 different games on it and all played extremely well - great response time, natural feel. If you play Intellivision and have some $s, it is a material improvement over playing with the original controllers.

Scott

since Intv has 3 buttons, S1-S3, I made button D = S1. Also select = 1 and start = enter

I liked this setup as many games as for level or # of players, so a quick select and start would being the game.

I could have left off button 4 and filled with a 24mm cap, but it might have looked cheap, hence I made button 4 black so it would blend into the black base of the controller.

So when I press "select" its the same action as when I press "1"? Does this mean in fact, that the Arcade stick has two buttons for "1" and "enter"?

I can understand why you made this, but maybe it would have been a nice idea to use the start button for pausing the game, which needs two buttons on the keypad and its always a bit tricky to press this combination when its needed. I dont know if its possible, but if its doable it would be a great help :)

Edited by Ignorama

So when I press "select" its the same action as when I press "1"? Does this mean in fact, that the Arcade stick has two buttons for "1" and "enter"?

I can understand why you made this, but maybe it would have been a nice idea to use the start button for pausing the game, which needs two buttons on the keypad and its always a bit tricky to press this combination when its needed. I dont know if its possible, but if its doable it would be a great help :)

yes, you can press keypad 1 or select. They both are keypad 1.

edit:

ok I looked and 3+7 and 1+9 cause pause. Does one work better than the other?

2nd edit: D2k does not allow this type of pause

I can say with certainty that next 6 will have, select = kp 1 and start = enter, but after that if people want me to make a new PCB and change code, I can add this as I have one spare input on the CPLD. This is the last open pin.

Edited by grips03

There are different combinations, Congo Bongo uses the 5 for pause. But I think most games use 1+9. Not all, but a very large number of games is using this combination to pause the action.

Do othes agree with having 3+7 or 1+9 for pause on the select button would be a good feature?

Do you press pause more than keypad #1

Please note, one can still press 3+7 or 1+9 on the keypad as is, this is just a short cut

While I'm at it, any other special keypress combos commonly used and found in many games?

I found another one that does not work with 3+7 or 1+9, Sewer Sam

Edited by grips03

Its not that important that you need do modify it ;)

By the way: Do you tried to play QBert with the stick? It uses 4 directions, but because QBert uses the diagonal directions I think it requires the 8-way gate, right?

yeah, any games that use diagonal would need 8 way gate

I just played Qbert with the 8 way and it played really well. I also tried Pac Man, which obviously should be played with the 4 way and that's exactly the conclusion I came to. I'm definitely going to need both of these options. :)

As an aside, I also discovered that my Original 125 shelf copy of Pac Man didn't have a copy of a manual in it! Oh the horror!