IGNORED

MIKU!

Gabriel

I saw this announced on the PlayStation Blog and was ecstatic and surprised. Sega did have a Facebook "Like" campaign about the game's localization (I didn't participate since I'm not on Facebook, but I made sure to tweet my support at Sega's Twitter account), but that was a while ago and had no follow-up comment from Sega. I'd assumed it had shown insufficient interest for their green light. Guess not, thankfully!

The only DIVA game I've played is the original (I also have a Japanese info/art book for it), but I played the heck out of it and unlocked every single thing except most of the swimsuits (made sure to get Luka's :) ) and two room items. Stupid random unlocks never being cooperative on those last two! I had planned to import DIVA F but was waiting for a good slot in my budget for it . . . and now I won't have to. However, there is still DIVA f, the PSV title, not part of this localization announcement, and I do hope enough PSV owners make sufficient noise to convince Sega to bring it over, too.

My brain just exploded.

This is awesome news! :-D

Your current avatar is quite fitting for this topic. :)

onmode-ky

P.S. I attached a photo of my proudest moment from the original DIVA, when I got a Great rating on "Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu." It was the only song where I had to change the way I held the PSP in order to survive.

post-8302-0-43715000-1370669360_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

My copy shipped today. I should have it in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to being able to understand the edit menus.

I wonder if my save game will still work with the NA version? Probably not. Time to do all that stuff all over again.

Post a review! :P

As far as rhythm games go is it excellent and worth the price?

Whether you like it will be almost entirely dependent on if you like Vocaloid style J-Pop. I also like the music videos behind the rhythm game. I feel they have an 80s MTV vibe to them.

Then there's the movie editor. Anyone who likes stuff like that will lose themselves for months in that thing. It devoured an hour of my time just to make a 20 second clip. I hope to play with it a lot more. One of my friends suggested I use it to make a video for Weird Al's Albuquerque. Miku and Albuquerque would be epic. :)

But what shocks me most of all is that the game currently holds an 80 on Metacritic. Sega must have paid the advertising bill this month. I expected a swarm of hit pieces when this game came out. Maybe they're still coming. Who knows?

I ordered one of the Hori "mini" controllers. I must be insane. Hmmmmm. Maybe I can use it with Gravity Crash too?

• 1 month later...

As far as rhythm games go is it excellent and worth the price?

If you enjoy torturing your wrists, sure!

[media][/media]

I've still collecting perfects on easy, although I have all the songs done on Normal as well. Only song I completed on Expert so far was Ashes to Ashes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got all perfects on Easy and Normal. Got my first perfects on hard songs (Cat Food & MMORPG Addict Theme) today.

Seems the key to getting better is finding better ways to press the buttons for different situations they start throwing at you. (After you have the 4 directions memorized anyway)

• 9 months later...

Looks like I'm not going to be getting a full score of perfects on everything in this game.

Pretty much maxed out by getting Perfects on about 2/3 of the Hard mode songs, and getting at least a Standard on almost all Extreme mode songs. Only 6-8 songs on Extreme I haven't finished at all, those being the brutal ones of course.

Only about a month now before the next game in the series is released in NA. November 18th iirc. At that point I'm sure I'll be switching to that game for quite a while.

• 5 weeks later...

Got Project Diva F 2nd. The game's great, although I hate what they've done with the DLC.

Essentially there's two separate season passes for it. One for bonus modules that will roll out over the next 6 months. The other for new songs/videos, about 10 planned, that will also roll out over the next 6 months.

I wouldn't be surprised if these songs are already available on the japanese PSN where the game has been out since March.

I'm not getting either btw. The module "club" costs 69.99. (The game costs 49.99)

The song club costs an additional 29.99. At approximately 10 songs, that amounts to 2.99 each IF you buy the pass. The description makes it sound like this is a deal - that it'l lbe cheaper this way than buying individual songs later. So I probably won't be bothering much with the additional songs. (For comparison, the Vita versoin of the first game had 6 bonus songs for 8.99. So even with the season pass, they're going to be charging more per song than they use to.)

Not spending 100 dollars on DLC for the game, sorry.

Also they had the Extra Character Module DLC for 2.99. The same one that was out for the first game. The description says that if you bought this on the first game then it's a free download. But lo and behold it was still trying to charge me 2.99. I checked if importing game data from the first game would bring those character modules into the game but it doesn't look like it.

At least the base game itself has enough content to justify it's pricetag. Sadly the DLC can't say the same.