IGNORED

Bacon power!

No! The multi-cart will need to be plugged into the IntelliVoice to hear speech.

Thanks! I guessed it wasn't planned, as you mention not being able to emulate the second sound chip (I hope that you might get it working later ) and the ECS emulation is a more important point as it's a rarer piece of hardware.

GroovyVision 1

IntelliGroovy

GBMC GroovyBee Multi-Cart

INTV 125+ It plays all 125, plus home brew games... Well, I think it will play 123? Need a keyboard for WSMLB and Piano keyboard for Melody Blaster... Hmm, Bits & Bytes needs the keyboard too... Forget it... LOL

GroovyBee, With ecs built in, will this prevent an actual ecs from working? Memory address wise..

Hmmm, could you add Atari 2600/7800 on a chip... and have ALL 2600/7800 games too. I bet you and Curt could technically do it... I already have a Harmony... So no big deal to me, But it would be the ultimate Intellivision Cart!

Then you would have the ecs and system changer... Hell, add playcable via wifi

I was kidding about the add-ons, but now that I think about it... Network play would be a great feature! I'll take on anyone in MLB... Actually, the old sports games is why I loved the Intellivision! But I have nobody around to play anymore :(

The super pro games are okay, but it is not the same...

• Like 1

I was kidding about the add-ons, but now that I think about it... Network play would be a great feature! I'll take on anyone in MLB... Actually, the old sports games is why I loved the Intellivision! But I have nobody around to play anymore :(

Next time you find yourself in Cleveland, let me know and I'll take you up on that game of MLB. As a kid, I used to play by myself just so I improved my defensive abilities. And I'm in the same boat ... no one wants to play it with me either!

And to stay on topic ...

PlimptonVision in honor of our spokesman!

The Infinity Cart

Intellidream

• Like 1

Marvellous Awesome Totally Tested Electronic Linker Cart.. AKA : M.A.T.T.E.L. Cart :-D

Intellinker cart

Multi Game Entertainment Computer System or Multi Game Entertainment Computer Module

Intelliplexer SD Cart

BeeNTV cart

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

GroovyBee, With ecs built in, will this prevent an actual ecs from working? Memory address wise..

Nope! If the multi-cart detects that its plugged into a real ECS it won't enable its own ECS RAM or BIOS emulation.

Hmmm, could you add Atari 2600/7800 on a chip... and have ALL 2600/7800 games too. I bet you and Curt could technically do it... I already have a Harmony... So no big deal to me, But it would be the ultimate Intellivision Cart!

Then you would have the ecs and system changer... Hell, add playcable via wifi

Although the ARM ship is powerful it'd be a ton of work to get 2600/7800 emulation going on it and it almost certainly wouldn't run at the full frame rate either. However, throw an ARM chip on there with a good sized D and I cache and double the clock rate and that'll be enough. Especially if the I-cache has a lockdown ability so it can be preloaded with a pure ARM assembler based 6502 core.

I'm not sure an Internet enabled Inty would be much use to be honest. Two player games from back in the day aren't geared up for high latency communication links so they'd all need some tweaking.

• Like 2