IGNORED

Two free games per month with XBLA

Master Phruby

Finally a title I didn't have (Sleeping Dogs) anyone play that game? I downloaded it, but it didn't look like it would interest me much.

Mexican drug lords game is what it looked like to me.

Guardian of Light is a decent game. Funner if you co-op it.

• Like 1

I just started playing Sleeping Dogs. GTA in Hong Kong. Interesting story & a lot of combat.

I played it for about an hour, then rage-quitted. I couldn't mesh with the game mechanics of target enemy + attack. My character just kept going towards him, but not making all the punches. And this game throws a LOT of guys at you.

Hopefully Tomb Raider(which is the new free game of the month) is better.

Dead Island is a GREAT game! I loved it way more than I thought I would. I figured it would be a Left 4 Dead rip-off, it has more in common with an RPG than L4D.

The first Toy Soldiers was pretty GREAT as well. Luckily I never bought the sequel! Finally a freebie that I can take advantage of!

• 1 month later...

Except the Xbox One has been released, and still getting free games.

Assuming you're talking about the 360, yes, they apparently expanded the program past their originally announced intentions. I let my gold membership lapse anyway for now since the vast majority of the games made free aren't things I'd normally want to play. I'm keeping an eye on the freebies in case they actually have something I'm interested in, but given the state of the general 360 library as it is... I have a feeling I'll be staying Silver this year. ^^

I am still playing that Dead Island game I got for free. It's stupid, but it has Fallout-like elements. And sometimes the Co-op multiplayer is fun.

I said SOMETIMES. Sometimes you will just die for no reason, even in safehouses. That means someone's hacking. Kick 'em.

Sometimes a player will just stand there for what seems like forever. Kick 'em.

Sometimes I get kicked out of my own game that THEY joined in. Whatevs.

I haven't seen enough improvement, especially since you still need the disc in anyway.

Oh come on you know why. Anti-piracy is all. They still want to "check" you have the actual disk rather than lending it out to your brother to install on his xbox across town.

• Like 1