IGNORED

PS4 kicks Xbox in the FACE

cimerians

damn sony really did ok this time. there's a buttload of games announced (altho i didn't pay attention to release dates) and i'm not interested in most of them but still. did they announce specs like sorage or eyetoy included in every system? anyways no preorder on this for me, ps2 and ps3 were basically dust collectors

did they announce specs like storage or eyetoy included in every system?

Hmmm that's a good question.

On the Amazon page it just says....

Hard Disk Drive:

Built-in

The xbox One comes with a 500GB drive.

It does mention camera's though...

Two high-sensitive cameras with 85-degree diagonal angle views for enhanced depth perception.

I pre-ordered both. I plan on waiting and seeing what new information is released in the coming months and deciding whether or not I'm going to cancel one of the pre-orders or not.

PS4 DOES.

Granted, I'm having far too much fun retro collecting right now, and I'm not gonna have enough disposable income to splurge on any next-gen console anytime soon, but yeah... proverbial Stone Cold Stunner leaving the XBone in the center of the ring dazing up at the rafters.

Just pre-ordered my PS4 from Amazon as I was blown away by several of the games, plus no 24hr "check in" and used games supported.

One thing I did notice.... online multiplayer **MIGHT** be restricted to Playstation Plus members only. During the Playstation Plus part of the presentation, Jack T. said "Non PS Plus members will have access to single player games and app's". Destructoid picked up on it also:

http://www.destructoid.com/multiplayer-may-be-subscription-only-on-ps4-255958.phtml

Jack T. said "Non PS Plus members will have access to single player games and app's".

This really wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully as a result the PS network will get a beefy upgrade.

Did you pre-order any games along with the console?

Doesn't surprise me either. Sony's network is awful for the most part. At least by subscribing you get free games like Xbox will be doing soon. Even though you don't own those games its nice to get free full retail games to play.

I'm still pissed and happy at the same time. I have three 360's and four original Xbox's and I may never own the Xbox One. Just can't do it.

One thing I did notice.... online multiplayer **MIGHT** be restricted to Playstation Plus members only. During the Playstation Plus part of the presentation, Jack T. said "Non PS Plus members will have access to single player games and app's". Destructoid picked up on it also:

http://www.destructo...s4-255958.phtml

The fine print in the 'sharing' instruction video in post # 8 says that PSN+ is required for online multiplayer.

Edited by boog

Did you pre-order any games along with the console?

Just the system for now. I'll watch as the system release date gets closer and select one or two from the launch titles. Since I'm already a PS Plus subscriber, I'll get DriveClub for free to start out. And I'll get access to the Elder Scrolls beta also.

Destiny looks like it will be a blast, while Killzone and The Order both blew me away. A few of the Indies looked excellent also, with Rays Dead and Transistor being two that really stood out for me.

• Like 1

At least by subscribing you get free games like Xbox will be doing soon. Even though you don't own those games its nice to get free full retail games to play.

I view it the same way as I view a GameFly subscription.... only a LOT cheaper.

But you do get a lot of games and some other extras and its $10 a year cheaper than a Xbox Live sub.

PS4 is looking better and better to me...

This:

post-29022-0-87099200-1370927017_thumb.jpg

vs. this:

post-29022-0-52794600-1370927018_thumb.jpg

I know that I have been vocal about it, but I will say it again...I am in only interested in playing VIDEO GAMES on a video game console!!! (what a novel idea)

It sounds like Sony heard me, along with the countless others, and they decided to listen!

Game...Set...Match.

• Like 4