IGNORED

PS4 kicks Xbox in the FACE

cimerians

Yup region free (that's how I discovered Demons Souls) and Indies can be self published. I couldn't believe it. I was also impressed by the games of course (The Order, Killzone etc.)

Love the Destiny trailer, I found out it's crossplatform (Bungie). Looks pretty damn cool.

They mentioned in another thread about Sony distrust. I know it sounds fanboyish but they fixed that distrust yesterday for me for the most part. Not worried about firmware updates. It's a whole different mindset they have gotten.

They actually seem to listen these days and more importantly that video games are important.

Not saying bad things can never happen but I trust these guys more than who was there in the past and Harai was one of those jokers.

Been waiting five long years for something good to happen with consoles.

Edited by cimerians

The camera does not come with the PS4. it's separate for $60. Therefore the price is $460 compared to $500 for the XBox One.

I dont know why anyone would want a camera anyways. Who wants to watch me play games in my underwear?

Edited by BadHornet
  • Like 3

The camera does not come with the PS4. it's separate for $60. Therefore the price is $460 compared to $500 for the XBox One.

Does the PS4 require the camera or something?

• Like 2

I was not looking forward to the next generation because of the policies it looked like Sony & Microsoft would be implementing, but I will definitely get a PS4 at some point now. I already have the PS+ and it is well worth it to me, so I was happy to hear the same account will cover the PS4 too.

I expect Microsoft will start back pedalling soon, either before launch or when it is clear sales are lagging.

Wait, wait, wait. Stop the presses. The PS4 doesn't come with a useless camera no one wants to use! This is an outrage! I want the camera thing no one will ever want! How much extra will that be?! $60. Oh, so even if I want the terrible, dumb, stupid, useless camera I don't want, it will still be $40 less than the same camera on the Xbox? The Xbox that won't let me lend, sell, and rent games the way I always have? The same Xbox that makes me check in every 24 hours or the console won't work? The stupid, dumb camera no one wants is still $40 more on that Xbox? How does this help Microsoft's case again?

• Like 1

I plan on buying a PS4, and the camera has little to no impact on my purchase decision, so i consider this to be a savings!

Now that I am getting a PS4, I must admit that I am a bit bummed that I am not going to get spied on by the Kinect police...I mean, I was really wondering who at M$ was going to have the privilege of watching me play Xbox while in my underwear! :D

Another plus for the PS4 in my book is the announcement that the system is region free. Being able to import titles is an awesome bonus!!

Exactly. LOTS of interesting games that never makes its way out of Japan (2D fighters, shmups and other quirky stuff). Sony had learned their lesson and are putting the emphasis where it belongs... the GAMES.

I too had been guilty of writing Sony off, but for the longest time it didn't seem like they really supported or cared for the products they came out with. It just turns out they've been slowly building towards the future so they can blindside everyone and make themselves #1 again. Take their TVs for instance. They take a back seat and allow economy brands like Vizio to saturate the market and then BAM! -- 4K. Same with their game consoles and accessories. I think they realized almost immediately the mistake they made with Playstation Move, but at the time it was like "You just came out with this thing... why aren't you advertising it?" Meanwhile, Microsoft advertised the heck out of the Kinect and while it did sell (I have one...), most Kinects are just sitting on top of customers' TVs collecting dust (like mine does). So with hindsight being 20/20, which company made the smarter (pun slightly intended) move?

F*** the camera. The fact that it's not included *AT ALL* means it won't be required, and that fact alone is better than any "benefit" the camera could possibly provide. For those who want one, buy one. I don't. And I don't want one forced-upon me.

• Like 4

...speaking of M$ "forcing" things upon people:

Was that really something at the event? A person making rape jokes towards a woman on stage? On top of that, a demo of a game for a crowd where one of the participants is very noticeably not having any fun playing the game and flat out says "I don't like this."???

Is that audio from something else overlaid? Or is this whole thing really that much of an absolute trainwreck?

Was that really something at the event? A person making rape jokes towards a woman on stage? On top of that, a demo of a game for a crowd where one of the participants is very noticeably not having any fun playing the game and flat out says "I don't like this."???

Is that audio from something else overlaid? Or is this whole thing really that much of an absolute trainwreck?

That did actually happen: http://www.cbsnews.c...ape-joke-at-e3/

IMHO, the entirety of M$'s unveiling for the Xbox One (inclusive of all its' lack-lustre features and restrictions), coupled with the repeated "foot-in-mouth" public speaking skills of their corporate mouthpieces....it is like watching a massive train wreck happening in slow motion.

I am a gamer at heart (and a true fan of the 360), and this is just painful to watch....all the same though, M$ is about to reap what they sow. I can't wait for the day when I hear about Don Mattrick getting shit-canned for being such a pompous d-bag. Even if the Xbox One is "less offensive to gamers wants and needs" than what it appears to be at first glance, the attitude that they are taking is very disconnected from their core customer base. M$ is conveying a message that is not in the best interests of gamers, and the delivery of that message is laced with offensive, dismissive commentary...why the heck should I ever feel the need to give them my money???

@ Microsoft:

At this point, you are a long way from home...it's gonna take a plane, two bus trips, a subway ride, a short bike and a swim to even get close to my wallet again!!! That's a sad commentary, considering you had me as a loyal customer for almost a decade!
  • Like 3

Holy shit dude. I normally think things like this are making much ado about nothing, but man......

There aren't enough Picard facepalms on the internet to sufficiently display my reaction.

Yeah, I knew the rape joke thing would get attention, and I also assume the guy who made it immediately remembered he was playing against a woman one second later and knew it was a mistake. I heard it at the time and counted down until someone on my twitter feed mentioned it (it was about a minute). It was a dumb slip up.

The much dumber thing was that they made the game look so painfully unfun. And this was canned stuff I think (given how she lost first and he cut a perfect clip in 2 seconds, then she said "oh yeah, this is how I do it" then immediately learned to play the game after opening skype. So, even with obvious scripting and possibly canned video, they manage to make a poor rape joke and have one of the people who is playing say they are not having fun. Yeah. I'd say they shouldn't have bothered scripting this thing, but if this is what happens when they control it, I can only assume an actual rape using the Kinect would ensue if these people were left to their own devices.

• Like 1

Oh wow, a rape joke while playing a game, who hasn't ever done that when kicking someone's ass in a game. Better go cry a river.

A rape joke and actual rape are not the same things, but people are acting like they are, my God why don't people ever grow up.

Edited by madmax2069

Oh wow, a rape joke while playing a game, who hasn't ever done that when kicking someone's ass in a game. Better go cry a river.

A rape joke and actual rape are not the same things, but people are acting like they are, my God why don't people ever grow up.

You are wrong.

You are wrong.

How am I wrong?

Prove to me you or anyone else in some form hasn't, all of my friends have (both sexes), yes even their wives/girlfriends, husband's/boyfriends have, even my mother has FFS. About the only ones raising a stink about this are cry baby ass bitches that can't take a damn joke.

A word of mouth joke is NOT the same as raping someone.

Its as the saying goes, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Edited by madmax2069

How am I wrong?

Prove to me you or anyone else in some form hasn't, all of my friends have (both sexes), yes even their wives/girlfriends, husband's/boyfriends have, even my mother has FFS. About the only ones raising a stink about this are cry baby ass bitches that can't take a damn joke.

A word of mouth joke is NOT the same as raping someone.

Its as the saying goes, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Well, I understand that it isn't said for the word's actual meaning, but it's still kind of dumb to say. I also hate the "that's gay" phrase.....both of which I wish people would stop saying altogether.