IGNORED

PS4 kicks Xbox in the FACE

cimerians

How am I wrong?

Prove to me you or anyone else in some form hasn't, all of my friends have (both sexes), yes even their wives/girlfriends, husband's/boyfriends have, even my mother has FFS. About the only ones raising a stink about this are cry baby ass bitches that can't take a damn joke.

A word of mouth joke is NOT the same as raping someone.

Its as the saying goes, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Do you mean to tell me that you've exhausted all other topics for humor that you have to resort to rape for your jokes? When is a rape joke actually even funny? Might as well toss in some concentration camp jokes while you're at it.

Not only that, doing it in the privacy of your own home is one thing. Doing it at a consumer electronics show in front of an audience (some of whom might actually be rape victims) is...wait...why does this have to explained to you?

• Like 1

So back to the main topic, of the PS4 kicking the XBone in the face...

I'm coming from the perspective of a person who has a 360 but no plans to buy any of the next generation at present.

The PS4 has successfully walked through the huge door M$ has opened, by not making the mistakes of canceling used game playing ability, not implementing Big Brother cameras... But I am still wondering...does it actually do something that anyone, anywhere was asking for that the PS3 didn't do?

And this whole used game fiasco is riotously ironic. Was it not Sony who were putting rootkits on computers via music CDs for awhile, trying to find ways to shut down the used game market, at the forefront of the "don't copy our movies or we will destroy you" movement? All I'm saying there is...that "plays used games, no restrictions!" just sounds strange coming from them.

And is the PS4 in any way backward compatible?

Oh wow, a rape joke while playing a game, who hasn't ever done that when kicking someone's ass in a game. Better go cry a river.

A rape joke and actual rape are not the same things, but people are acting like they are, my God why don't people ever grow up.

Okay:

1) I don't get offended by this type of thing, and usually think it's overblown.

2) It's a dumb thing to say when you are debuting your big name title at a horribly expensive event where you are trying to make a good impression on people who are already mad at you.

3) I have never made a rape joke while playing games. I am kind of sad that you think most people do. I mean, my wife was raised by a fisherman and fisherwoman, so she uses cu**ish to describe someone's bad behaviour, and f*** as a filler word for pretty much half of everything she says. She's the only person I ever met who swears and says inappropriate things more than me. And even me and her don't make rape jokes when we play games. Why would you? They wouldn't be funny. The one the guy made here certainly wasn't. Is the bar really this low? Okay, I'll make one to try it out "man that Tom Nook. I sure hope someone rapes him in the racoon ass. That'll teach him to overcharge me for a lamp." Ah yes. The height of comedy.

4) The funnier bit is that the girl in that demo had so little fun, and said so. "No I don't like this" is hardly the tagline you should be debuting for your new game and console that you are paying millions of dollars to debut.

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 1

How am I wrong?

Prove to me you or anyone else in some form hasn't, all of my friends have (both sexes), yes even their wives/girlfriends, husband's/boyfriends have, even my mother has FFS. About the only ones raising a stink about this are cry baby ass bitches that can't take a damn joke.

A word of mouth joke is NOT the same as raping someone.

Its as the saying goes, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Rape jokes are in poor taste, as they are insensitive to people who have ACTUALLY BEEN THE VICITM OF RAPE! Not for anything, but rape does not sound fun in any way, shape or form, and it is not funny...period. You could stretch it a bit and try to call it ironic perhaps, but only in the "lowest common denominator" category of poor taste.

This poor taste ends up being amplified by 1,000,000,000 when you start acting the fool, flinging around rape jokes at a press event, streaming live to millions of people around the world. Not funny...not witty...not applicable to time or place. This was not just a bunch of idiotic teens playing COD, trying to act cool while their parents aren't looking...these were Microsoft employees, at a press event.

PS: I bet you think racisim is just another form of comedy as well...right? Get a clue dude.

• Like 1

Rape jokes are in poor taste, as they are insensitive to people who have ACTUALLY BEEN THE VICITM OF RAPE! Not for anything, but rape does not sound fun in any way, shape or form, and it is not funny...period. You could stretch it a bit and try to call it ironic perhaps, but only in the "lowest common denominator" category of poor taste.

This poor taste ends up being amplified by 1,000,000,000 when you start acting the fool, flinging around rape jokes at a press event, streaming live to millions of people around the world. Not funny...not witty...not applicable to time or place. This was not just a bunch of idiotic teens playing COD, trying to act cool while their parents aren't looking...these were Microsoft employees, at a press event.

PS: I bet you think racisim is just another form of comedy as well...right? Get a clue dude.

Oh boy. Blowing things out of proportion I see.

How about you get a clue.

Did I say anywhere in any of my posts that it wasn't tasteless and vulgar humor, I know its tasteless. And no I don't do that all the time, mainly only when the occasion is right.

And no, I don't really see racism as comedy, unless its Dave Chappelle, some of its funny, but mostly tasteless humor, but I don't get all pissed off about it either.

Edited by madmax2069

Oh boy. Blowing things out of proportion I see.

How about you get a clue.

Did I say anywhere in any of my posts that it wasn't tasteless and vulgar humor, I know its tasteless. And no I don't do that all the time, mainly only when the occasion is right.

And no, I don't really see racism as comedy, unless its Dave Chappelle, some of its funny, but mostly tasteless humor, but I don't get all pissed off about it either.

It isn't a matter of getting pissed off....it's just the fact that for some things in life, there is no acceptable time or place for...rape jokes fall directly into that category. If you still disagree, please explain just where and when a rape joke is funny and in exactly what context??? :roll:

• Like 3

Sad thing is, noting from the little bit of exposure I've had to XBOX Live multiplayer (learned to play with the mic off long ago), Microsoft was just pandering to their customer base. It's sad, but if it didn't fly over their heads, I'm sure the frat party that seemingly is the 13-21 year-old set that Microsoft apparently thinks to be their core audience (Doritos and Dew, anyone?) thought it was HIGHLARIOUS. Dumbasses...

Edited by Karyyk
  • Like 2

Oh and I can probably bet any amount of money that if it was a man instead of a woman that this would be a non issue. The only reason this was blown out of proportion was because it was a woman and due to the feminist side raising a stink about it. Many people just don't understand that this is just typical gaming banter, and really its a non issue.

Oh and I can probably bet any amount of money that if it was a man instead of a woman that this would be a non issue. The only reason this was blown out of proportion was because it was a woman and due to the feminist side raising a stink about it. Many people just don't understand that this is just typical gaming banter, and really its a non issue.

Still wrong. I guess you can't fix stupid ignorant troll.

• Like 1

Many people just don't understand that this is just typical gaming banter, and really its a non issue.

It isn't. It's typical 12 - 18 year old game "banter" on Live maybe. I know I have yet to hear it playing TF2 for many hours on PC. Not a once.

And even if it were, it is also typical "athelete banter" to curse and swear. However, when you hold a press conference announcing you signed a new player, you hope he doesn' come out and say "what's up mutha fuckers! Suck my di**, I just got paid bitches!" If something is "typical banter" among the lowest common denomenator of your customer base, it doesn't mean you parade it on stage during your multimillion dollar, worldwide press conference.

• Like 2

Mmm, yeah, that's great and all, but let's talk about the PS4 and the Xbox One please, I think this argument has run its course. If it's such a "non issue", as stated, I think we can stop bringing it up now, yeah?

• Like 2

Rape jokes aside......

I'm thinking the PS4 sounds a whole lot better, at this point. I'm a *REALLY* late-adopter. I mean, I just got my PS3 and I love it, and I just got my XB360 and Wii about 6 months ago, so that's pretty late.

I'm impressed with them all, so it kind of makes me seem easily-impressed. I'm ususally not!

The stuff is all so good, it's hard to complain. But the new policies of the Xbone leave a bad flavor in the mouth. We'll see how it turns out.

I suppose I'm a skeptic, and most likely outside of the demographics that matter, in these issues. Most people on this site (I imagine) have had 360s, Wii, and PS3 for 6 years, not 6 months. So I tend to wait a while (too many games already). But having said that, I'm already anticipating PS4 ahead of Xbone. The truth of the matter is I pretty much want it all for the collection anyway (explaining recent purchases), but I don't like much of what I'm hearing about Xbone. Could this possibly be by the folks who brought you Windows 8?????

It'll be interesting to see how many PS4 developers go the route of Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, DC Universe Online, Final Fight: Double Impact, and Singstar.

Looks like there is already at least one at launch:

Ubisoft's racing game "The Crew" will require an online connection even in singleplayer mode.

Publishers. Hard to forgive Capcom for that Final Fight bullcrap....and then you only get an apology from Capcom saying it was "testing waters with DRM, sorry we should have labeled it online only".

Ubisoft is the worst when it come's to DRM. I never buy any of their games on PC even if it's through Steam. It would have to be GOG or bust.

In this case that game is an MMO of sorts...but that's no excuse, why not enable offline for single player?

Why go the Diablo 3 route?

Because it's Ubisoft.