IGNORED

XB256 with Sound List Compiler

How are you guys creating these animated GIFs? Built into Classic 99? :) (I really don't know; I haven't tried looking.

I found a program called Licecap. This is a free download. It is very basic but does a good job and you don't have to read the manual. The one thing that is not totally intuitive is that you have to save the file before you start recording but I guess that makes sense because it probably saves as it is recording instead of at the very end.

Including the file name in the TIFILES format is a very reasonable feature of this format, nothing to consider deprecated, sorry to contradict. Me, I'd really like to keep that name in the format. I do not want to be forced to use the TI file system name in my exported TI files (which I consider TIFILES to be); we obviously have some different requirements here.

Um... okay.

It's the V9T9 format that Classic99 considers deprecated. I consider the filename in TIFILES to be an extension that I don't intend to support. I don't care if you support it - go ahead.

We already discussed this a year ago. I will never support it. I do not wish to emulate the TI disk controller on the PC file system - we have perfectly functional TI Disk Controller emulation for that. There is absolutely nothing in the way the TI system interfaces with files that specifies the characters that may be used -- any allowances or limitations come from the disk system ROM.

That is, I would appreciate if we keep that file name feature in TIFILES, but you are of course free to ignore it. Just please don't declare it illegal, or we'll get two incompatible TIFILES formats, which would be a (lowercase) mess.

Please don't put words in my mouth, especially when misinterpreting words written almost a year ago. ;) I am always careful to say "Classic99 considers 'xxx' deprecated". Nobody is required to consider anything I do in Classic99 to be a standard, in fact, I often insist that people do not. ;)

Please don't put words in my mouth, especially when misinterpreting words written almost a year ago. ;)

ROFL ... not again ... :-)

If I ever were to design a forum software I'd make it use a increasingly stronger yellow background with coffee cup marks and dog-ears for postings older than six months. For people like me who just can't read the date before writing.

As for the format: Sorry for me being alerted, I just read "deprecated", and I understand this as "don't use, it won't be supported any longer, usage may become illegal". I think it does make sense to agree on a standard format, and TIFILES is a good way to exchange files between our emulators and also with the real machines. I just wanted to say that here's someone who makes use of the file name in the format.

If I ever were to design a forum software I'd make it use a increasingly stronger yellow background with coffee cup marks and dog-ears for postings older than six months. For people like me who just can't read the date before writing.

I /really/ like that. ;) You know.. you can do skins for modern forums... ;)

As for the format: Sorry for me being alerted, I just read "deprecated", and I understand this as "don't use, it won't be supported any longer, usage may become illegal". I think it does make sense to agree on a standard format, and TIFILES is a good way to exchange files between our emulators and also with the real machines. I just wanted to say that here's someone who makes use of the file name in the format.

Oh, I know you do, we had our battle and went our separate ways. But since I can read regardless as to whether that header is filled in, and you can read regardless as to whether that header is filled in, I don't see a conflict. It may cause confusion if people rename the host file and not the filename embedded in the header, but there's not much to be done there.