IGNORED

Best Electronics - problem with ordering

St(r)yker

I have some problem with ordering form Best Electronics. I have written the two time. They send me answer with prices but in meanwhile my firend (Pasiu) asked me if he can join and there will be two orders in one. And I received somethin like this: "Can Not do any more Atari shipping quotes for your Marcin. Normally our Atari shipping department will only do two Atari shipping quotes per customer. If no Atari orders are placed, that Atari customer will not be allowed to place an Atari with us for over 1 year period." What now? Any ideas? HELP!

Sometimes Brad goes a bit crazy. Definitely try different contact details or go to myatari.com

Or ditch your friends order and just buy the one he quoted for

Edited by mimo

No reply?Banned?

Does not seem right.

If you have not done business with them before,maybe he is being careful.

I am sure that there have been a lot of people who tried to take advantage of them in the past.

Why not just consolidate your orders and do it as one?

Yeah, it's a pain. There are a bunch of Atari fans who do nothing but bug Brad with a "wish-list" they'll never buy. He's not terribly patient and doesn't really have much competition, so he'd rather turn you away than keep answering your questions. The problem is that he's never bothered to do any kind of real inventory, so you can't generate orders on your own. Basically, you need to make a list of everything you can think of before you email him and don't change it as you go. If you need to know specifics, then call first.

The only time when Brad is like this is when people have enquired, resubmitted the enquiry and changed it and kept on doing that, if you did send him multiple enquiries and chopped and changed that is why he's ignored you.

He's a nice guy but he's not very tolerant..

I MIGHT (not confirmed) fly to Hamilton, NY later in July. If that happens, I could place an order and have it sent to a friend there and bring it back to Germany, then ship to Poland from here. If I do not go personally, a friend of mine from Kiel definitely goes there and could do the job. Contact me, if that would help you.

no comment ....

"Hello - I would like to order the following items. Can I please get a shipping quote for US Priority Mail to Poland. If you cannot ship these

items overseas, please let me know what shipping would be to xxxx"

best-electronics

"xxxxxxx.we know this International order. Tell Marcin in Poland, if he wants a 4th Atari shipping quote, there is a U$D 30 charge (to be paid in cash, 3 past Atari shipping quotes sent to him X U$D 10 out of our very very busy Atari Shipping department without placing a single Atari order) before we can quote him again xxxxxxxxx

Well, thank you for posting this. I am happy to know what places I should avoid under any circumstances :thumbsdown:

no comment ....

"Hello - I would like to order the following items. Can I please get a shipping quote for US Priority Mail to Poland. If you cannot ship these

items overseas, please let me know what shipping would be to xxxx"

best-electronics

"xxxxxxx.we know this International order. Tell Marcin in Poland, if he wants a 4th Atari shipping quote, there is a U$D 30 charge (to be paid in cash, 3 past Atari shipping quotes sent to him X U$D 10 out of our very very busy Atari Shipping department without placing a single Atari order) before we can quote him again xxxxxxxxx

best-electronics

Is he serious?? :-o I doubt Atari Sales and Service or Lance at Video 61 would think this is a great way to gain sales at the end of the day.

Hi Folks! Im new to this site, Ive been 8 bit atari user for 30 years. One of my 800xls has recently decided not to go to basic when switched on. it makes usual fluttery noise, then goes to self test automaticly. (without holding down option) . passes all test no probs. It wont load basic games, but works ok with all software cart/disk/tape thats not basic. Is it the MMU or basic chip perhaps? Ive taken them out and cleaned the pins and reseated them and still the same. Are these chips available to buy? What you reckon? I like keeping atari hardware alive, I refuse to let it just die after 30 years faithful service! nice to meet fellow atarians!

Hi Folks! Im new to this site, Ive been 8 bit atari user for 30 years. One of my 800xls has recently decided not to go to basic when switched on. it makes usual fluttery noise, then goes to self test automaticly. (without holding down option) . passes all test no probs. It wont load basic games, but works ok with all software cart/disk/tape thats not basic. Is it the MMU or basic chip perhaps? Ive taken them out and cleaned the pins and reseated them and still the same. Are these chips available to buy? What you reckon? I like keeping atari hardware alive, I refuse to let it just die after 30 years faithful service! nice to meet fellow atarians!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/196872-self-test-issue/

hope that helps!

I've ordered from them once, and after just asking like two MAYBE three questions - he got real short with me real fast. So, anyways, even though he's crabby, I'd order again if I had to. But his reputation is warranted IMO. The soup nazi graphic a few posts up is very apt. You order from them, and you do things their way or no way.

If you search this forum you'll see all the comments about Best's business practices.

To summarize, use someone who actually cares; i.e. Brad at B&C or Lance at Video61.

I don't care what a person has. I was buying tons at the time, made two quotes with Best, called him, after he stopped emailing back, and he told me that I was cut off and suspended for a year then he hung up. I never bought from them again. (well I did have an order a few years ago using a friends account, don't let Best know :) )

It's good to see that my soup Nazi comment is making it's way around. It really does summarize how crappy he is. It's very childish. I was "cut-off" because I needed clarification on some items on his website (which by the way is terrible) for pricing and stock status.

Whatever you need, let us know maybe there is another route to take.