IGNORED

ANTIC the Atari 8bit Podcast is now available

Subby

The pod casts are fantastic! The interview with Jim Capparell (Antic) was great. I hope that you can have a chance to interview Tom Hudson of the Analog Magazine sometime. His games got me and many others here, I'm sure, interested in programming on the Atari computers. Please keep these coming. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to the first show. It was awesome. I did a search on iTunes and I added the podcast to my list of subscriptions along with your other show "Floppy Days". It was great to listen to Kevin Savetz as I have his Terrible Nerd book that I enjoyed immensely. Looking forward to listening to the rest of the series and future shows.

• 3 weeks later...

Just listened to the first show. It was awesome. I did a search on iTunes and I added the podcast to my list of subscriptions along with your other show "Floppy Days". It was great to listen to Kevin Savetz as I have his Terrible Nerd book that I enjoyed immensely. Looking forward to listening to the rest of the series and future shows.

Thank you, AtariDude. Hope you are enjoying both podcasts. Next episode of both ANTIC and Floppy Days will be available anytime now.

I really enjoyed the interview with Chris Crawford. The questions were well thought-out which, of course, prompted insightful answers by Chris. We here at AtariAge are really fortunate that the Atari legends such as Chris are still actively participating in the Atari community. Obviously, without these guys, the Atari computers would not have achieved the great status that it had. Thanks for bringing us another great Podcast!

I've only made it through the first episode. Mostly like it, good information... but what bothered me the most was the sound quality. With two of the three of you, I could really hear tongue movement and breathing (to the point of distracting me from what was being said).

Is it a sound mix issue? Nervous dry mouth?

Hopefully the other episodes don't have this. :)

I just listened to the first podcast in my car, on a commute. I love it! I listened to about 1/2 of the 2nd one. I am looking forward to the others!

However, there's a few inaccuracies, at least in (I think; can't remember exactly since I listened to 1.5 at one time). I think it's the first one where someone says the 400 was *released* with 4K and the 800 with 8K. I do not believe that to be the case; I believe they were *slated* to be released that way, but were both actually released with a minimum of 8K. I was gifted an 8K/CITA 400 in 1980. Shortly thereafter, someone says they were both expandable to "however high one wanted to go" (or something to that effect) when in fact, the 400 was crippled to 16K (*officially*) until the end of its life, when Atari (finally) officially released a 48K upgrade, matching those efforts that the 3rd party had met, years before. You can still get this upgrade from Best Electronics, but you couldn't get it back when you were still fiddling with your 400/410 combo, back when they were fab.

But it's really great listening for commuters! Bravo! Great job!

Just saying I listened to your podcasts today while driving through The Netherlands and it really made me enjoy some traffic jams :)

I especially liked the interview with the man behind Antic. Antic was an expensive magazine to buy here BITD, but it was by far the most professional one. It had to compete with local and UK magazines here. Chris Crawford's interview was interesting although I never played any of his games, not even Eastern Front....:)

Keep it up ! :)

It was great to hear from the Antic publisher. I agree it was a little sad when he dwelled on the failures, etc. in the end. I don't see how it could have been his failure that the Atari market collapsed; it was just natural that there wouldn't be enough Atari commerce to support Atari magazines anymore. What he did when he did it was great, and brought several years of joy to my life when I was a youngster. Will the Analog publisher agree to an interview?

In the next one, the Chris Crawford interview was priceless! I could have listened to that interview without a moment of boredom if it were 3x as long! He's brilliant. Would have liked to hear about his experience writing the series of Atari articles for BYTE magazine, who otherwise largely ignored the Atari computers.

These podcasts are great! I really like the classic Atari commercials, too.

In one of the earlier (1st or 2nd) podcasts, someone said that they were surprised that another person attributed "Power Without the Price" to the Atari 8-bit line - that it was an Atari ST sloagan. However, the first place I remember seeing it was on the 130XE box, myself.

post-16281-0-59099600-1382474247_thumb.jpg

As someone previously mentioned, these podcasts make short work out of otherwise-nasty traffic jams. Looking forward to more! Thanks so much!