IGNORED

ANTIC the Atari 8bit Podcast is now available

Subby

Finished listening espisode 6 and 7 and today. Once again a great job guys. I'll go and download those Intellivision podcast right now for my 2h ride back home. I'm really curious about that guy's wife :-)

In fact I was wondered about the capbilties [EDIT: of the console, not the wife of course].

As member of the The!Cart team (and author of The!Cart Studio) I'll provide you with some more detailed information about the device, it's usage and purpose, so maybe you can use that next time.

Edited by JAC!

...I'll go and download those Intellivision podcast right now for my 2h ride back home. I'm really curious about that guy's wife :-)

In fact I was wondered about the capbilties [EDIT: of the console, not the wife of course].

Haha! Lets just say I have fun with her drop-ins / audio.

And thanks again Brad, Kevin and Randy! I enjoyed being a guest on the show.

Edited by nurmix

Downloading, now.

I just recently listened to the 6th one, with Xmas, etc. I was very sorry to hear about Savetz's dad, but I really enjoyed the story about the dude who wanted the TV who worked at Atari and lived nearby Dad; it was very light-hearted and pleasing to hear.

Thanks, guys, and keep up the great work!

Regarding the show at the end where they were talking about the program that allows you to set up programs to be picked from a list without going to the dos screen, I can remember back in the day that I had a program called "LeMenu" which a friend of mine gave me. It allowed me to just place the binary files along without the dos.sys and dup.sys files to save space. The diskette would then auto boot and show the programs that were there. My memory is fuzzy but I think it gave them numbers and I would just hit a number on the keyboard to run that program. I could be wrong about this cause it has been like 30 years since then.

Regarding the show at the end where they were talking about the program that allows you to set up programs to be picked from a list without going to the dos screen, I can remember back in the day that I had a program called "LeMenu" which a friend of mine gave me. It allowed me to just place the binary files along without the dos.sys and dup.sys files to save space. The diskette would then auto boot and show the programs that were there. My memory is fuzzy but I think it gave them numbers and I would just hit a number on the keyboard to run that program. I could be wrong about this cause it has been like 30 years since then.

There was one I used a lot that had the Fuji symbol and rotating colors at the top and choices at the bottom. IIRC it only took 2 sectors, but its been a while.

I had something very similar that I briefly mentioned on the show. I don't currently have my A8 stuff set up, but if memory serves, the menu I had used only a few sectors, didn't require DOS/DUP, and didn't show up as anything if you looked at the disk directory.

Any games or programs you copied to the disk had to have a .RUN extension, and they would show up as text, highlighted with a colored bar that you could move with the joystick, and select with the button.

We would just copy that disk when we needed a new "menu disk". Not sure how it worked it who made it.

That Intellivion podcast was entertaining. Just downloaded the other eposiodes for my longer car rides. And I just remembered that I had recently scanned some childhood memories and that there also is intelivision on them.

198x-games-2.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Antic-Team,

since I know about your podcasts, I really like long car rides again...

Cruise control mode on and relax. No commercials, no interruption just plain ATARI-Entertainment (with a little TI99/4A ;-)).

Keep up the good work!

Tigerduck

Edited by Tigerduck

That Intellivion podcast was entertaining. Just downloaded the other eposiodes for my longer car rides. And I just remembered that I had recently scanned some childhood memories and that there also is intelivision on them.

Hey, JAC!

Glad you liked the podcast, and thanks for the scan!

Is there any way of voting for you guys on iTunesStore without installing that iTunes program? I love the podcast, but that's a route I want to avoid?

How about a facebook page where people can vote and comment, too? ("even" the Intellivisionaries have that)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone else notice a deep hum through one long segment? The sound in general was pretty muddy, someone had a duff mic maybe too. Good interviews again. How about interviewing Bradley @ Best? Might be interesting to hear how he got all that stuff!

• Like 1