IGNORED

Adventure II XE demo and testing

Cafeman

55 minutes ago, zzip said:

And in Mountain King,  the bats will steal the crown off your head!

I've never had bats steal things from me in real life.   Is this a real problem?  If not, why is it in video games?  ?

Guess you don't live in the area of rampant bat theft.  The bat gangs roam around and steal treasure, or fly in erratic patterns to confuse you so you run back to your previous spawn point.

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of the changes I made to the XE version are subtle changes to certain screens.    This screen "Seashore Kingdom Winding Path" can be the most harrowing to cross if you are carrying an item and Troll appears, or if a Dragon appears to eat you!   There are a number of pinch-points around the winding path where you can get hung up on a plant or log.   I made a subtle change to open-up the path a bit.  I also made a 2nd change which allows the Crab to more quickly pass over the background if he crosses at that specific point on-screen (Crab has to fight his way over bg items).   Other screens also have similar subtle tweaks.   Can you see the 3 tweaks to this screen? 

AdvII 5200 vs XE comparison 1.png

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, leech said:

Do we have Ny new estimates of when they are shipping?  I know Al has said there were some issues with the boxes not being up to his quality standards.

True, also evidently thieves stole his label proofs off his front porch! And all the various slowdowns from the pandemic.  Anyway, its got to be close but only @Albert knows for sure.  I finished the last coding tweaks about 7 months ago, doesn't time fly!    I'm sure everyone will like the package, and hopefully the game too!  ;)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I ordered just in time. The entire homebrew order page is down until early May.

https://atariage.com/store/

We have taken the AtariAge Store offline until the beginning of May so we can concentrate on building and shipping all the new pre-order games. Orders that have already been placed will be shipped in normal fashion. If you need to contact us for any reason (question about an existing order, urgently need to order something in the store, etc.), please use our contact form to send us a message.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, nadir said:

Anyone receive this one yet?  Sounded like some of these should be up soon after Jaguar carts went out.  I had a 2600 game in my order too, so it sounds like I may be at the tail-end of the order shipments.

Pretty sure Al said tracking numbers would be sent out when shipped.  I haven't seen one for my order yet (and I had the jag cart in mine too)

• Like 1

I didn't receive mine yet, but I did get this e-mail on April 20th:

Greetings!

I'm writing to give you one last update on your AtariAge order that contains one or more new pre-order games.  We now have everything we need to finish these games (the labels arrived a week ago), and we're building, testing, and labeling games as fast as we can.  We expect to start shipping the new Atari Jaguar games first, since they were made available to purchase first, after which we'll get all the remaining pre-order games shipped.  We are finishing up the Jaguar games this week and plan to start shipping them early next week. 

Thank you for your continued patience with your order.  I know it's taken quite long to get these out the door, and it's not something I'm terribly happy about!  In the future I will absolutely not order so many boxes, manuals, and labels at the same time, as that slowed down this process immensely. Basically, one issue with any one item would hold up the entire order, and with so many items being printed, there was a lot of back and forth between myself, the printers, and various designers who worked on these items.  We plan on releasing a smaller number of games late spring/early summer and then another smaller batch late summer/early fall. And those games won't be pre-orders, they will just go on sale once everything is ready.

At any rate, orders will start shipping soon, and when your order ships you'll receive an email with the tracking number. 

I've been posting periodic updates with photos in this forum thread on AtariAge, and will continue to do so as I get these games completed and out the door: 

If you have any questions, as always, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thank you and take care, 

..Al

4 minutes ago, Zap! said:

I didn't receive mine yet, but I did get this e-mail on April 20th:

Greetings!

I'm writing to give you one last update on your AtariAge order that contains one or more new pre-order games.  We now have everything we need to finish these games (the labels arrived a week ago), and we're building, testing, and labeling games as fast as we can.  We expect to start shipping the new Atari Jaguar games first, since they were made available to purchase first, after which we'll get all the remaining pre-order games shipped.  We are finishing up the Jaguar games this week and plan to start shipping them early next week. 

Thank you for your continued patience with your order.  I know it's taken quite long to get these out the door, and it's not something I'm terribly happy about!  In the future I will absolutely not order so many boxes, manuals, and labels at the same time, as that slowed down this process immensely. Basically, one issue with any one item would hold up the entire order, and with so many items being printed, there was a lot of back and forth between myself, the printers, and various designers who worked on these items.  We plan on releasing a smaller number of games late spring/early summer and then another smaller batch late summer/early fall. And those games won't be pre-orders, they will just go on sale once everything is ready.

At any rate, orders will start shipping soon, and when your order ships you'll receive an email with the tracking number. 

I've been posting periodic updates with photos in this forum thread on AtariAge, and will continue to do so as I get these games completed and out the door: 

If you have any questions, as always, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thank you and take care, 

..Al

Yeah, I got something similar.  Still waiting.  Ha. I know he has had a lot of cursed things happening around this batch of orders (I believe the boxes were stolen at one point so he had to order more, plus getting the printing just right, etc.)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 5:00 PM, leech said:

Yeah, I got something similar.  Still waiting.  Ha. I know he has had a lot of cursed things happening around this batch of orders (I believe the boxes were stolen at one point so he had to order more, plus getting the printing just right, etc.)

Same here.  Getting such a big game drop made up and shipped out sounds like it has had a lot of extra crazy logistical issues.  Was just curious of they've started to trickle in to people yet.  I definitely don't want to bug Al, he's got his hands full already!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Reality Studio said:

Ah glad I found this thread! I had ordered a bunch of homebrew games back in December including Adventure 2, but nothing yet and no replies to any inquiries. At least now I know they are still being worked on, cool.

Status updates for the big pre-order run are being MUCH more frequently updated now over on:

Pretty cool to see all the work that's going into this massive batch of carts!

Edited by nadir

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nadir said:

Me too!  So excited for this one!

Awesome!  Still waiting on mine.  Just read that Al ran out of bubble wrap because of the heat.  Damn you, Universe, and making my Adventure game be delayed further!  Ha, kidding, I know shit happens, and have patience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It showed up yesterday, but didn't get around to trying it out until just a short time ago today.  VERY impressed.  Game play is amazing and the graphics are great!  Sounds/music fit in exactly how they should.  The time and attention to detail on this game really show.  Totally worth buying my first 8-bit Atari specifically for this game.  No regrets.  :)

• Like 2