IGNORED

Adventure II XE demo and testing

Cafeman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No, I haven't abandoned it.

Last fall, I lost all the MY DOCUMENTS files because of Windows XP and some weird behavior when I was trying to clean up my hard drive. I had backups stored online and some newer changes on another computer, but the experience put me off, so I let alone for a few months.

Meanwhile, I was working with an AA artist discussing his cover art, and I posted a teaser of that Last Fall.

But I then had my house internally waterproofed and the basement walls anchored. My game room stuff all went into storage. We had other house problems too. The contractors finally got out of my house, and we have been refinishing the game room and garage since. Thus Adventure II XE has sat idle. I'm itchy to get organized and finish it. I'll report back when that starts happening.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to report a glitch in the game. I'm playing on a 130XE with the game on an AtariMax cart.

I used the bridge to get into the screens with the islands. But sadly, I managed to place the bridge far enough into the water that I was no longer able to grab it. Without the bridge, I was trapped in the islands with no way to continue the game. (see photo).

post-39889-0-12388700-1409509057_thumb.jpg

It's a nice game - if it were in the AtariAge store I'd surely buy a copy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

He mentioned way back something about maybe he will get motivated if people post on the threads . So hurry cafeman ... you need to start on that 5200 game soon ;)

Frankly, this is still true. I kind of forget about it. I'm busy with real world stuff , much more than back when I coded AdvII and Koffi. So its easy to let weeks turn into months and not touch Adventure II XE. If I keep getting kindly (!) pestered about it though, it will motivate me.

The game has indeed been so, so close to being done for like 2 years now. In 2013, I lost many files on my desktop and just got disgusted by the fact that I lost like a month's worth of progress due to not keeping backups every day. But then I had my house all tore up with repairs, then I spent the rest of 2014 finishing my basement/game room and putting stuff back from storage. So in 2015, I got a new laptop a few months back and I did load my AdvII XE files and I've messed around a number of times. Now that I've been reminded of it, I will probably find some more time to get back to it. I wanted to improve the engine a bit, because it took a hit for some reason porting from 5200. Nothing too terrible but I notice it. If I can do a few tweaks and test the game some more to ensure all these gobs of variations and randomness haven't ruined it, then it'll be ready for Al to start selling it.

In the meantime, you all can re-play 5200 Adventure II and actually write some reviews for it in the AA store!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...