IGNORED

idea of starting an Jag Coding online live workshop series

Otto1980

and meanwhile you are chatting and joking, endlessly begging for stuff here, WE real coder create new games for jaguar since 2006.

if you really want something you can do it, I learned coding and jaguar coding by myself and by internet, coding, trying, hacking for day, month, years, asking pertinent question to developers, not by asking step by step kid tutorial.

what is hilarious is, even if we took time to create such tutorials, nobody would give a fuck and no newer games would be created using these tutorials.

just look at the removers C library, you have everything ! a complete C easy to use library, you can draw sprites, play sounds, have a skunkboard gateway, you have documentation for it, you have program example on how to use it...

who did ever tried it ?

maybe one person I know, nobody else...

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 1

and meanwhile you are chatting and joking, endlessly begging for stuff here, WE real coder create new games for jaguar since 2006.

if you really want something you can do it, I learned coding and jaguar coding by myself and by internet, coding, trying, hacking for day, month, years, asking pertinent question to developers, not by asking step by step kid tutorial.

what is hilarious is, even if we took time to create such tutorials, nobody would give a fuck and no newer games would be created using these tutorials.

just look at the removers C library, you have everything ! a complete C easy to use library, you can draw sprites, play sounds, have a skunkboard gateway, you have documentation for it, you have program example on how to use it...

who did ever tried it ?

maybe one person I know, nobody else...

Have I offended you? We've never associated in the past. I want to make sure I'm on good terms with you. Tell me when I offended you and what I begged you for and I'll try to remedy the situation.

it was an idea/question, so calm down all.

seeing this feedback i think its best to expect nothing from someone here

i still in love with you all :grin: :grin:

hey i have another great idea:

close all hollywood studios and remove the moviemachines from cinemas, throw all TVs to the dumpsite

replace them by cheap beamers and let them scroll some pdf movie-scripts

or the news... or the series.. who needs visuals or sound :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :sleep:

its made by the devil itselfe !!!!

also it takes hours and houres of valuable life time to create a spoken word

i dont like that any person on this earth would be punished with such an inhuman task

holy shit its perverse :-o :-o :-o

what a epic vision... progress... next age... closer to the action... wooooowwwww

3d movies.. pahhh... who needs that ...

just scroll the text faster to have the next level of new experience :-D

---------

sorry for that fun but it looks it is best practise to get off the subjects and dont take soemthing seriously in this thread

<3 :-* <3 :-* <3 :-*

hey i miss kisses and heart smilies here !!!!

Hey TheLoon, don't worry - everyone is cool with you.

But nobody is going to make 'Thomas the Tank Engine and the Big Children's Book of Jaguar Coding For Those Who Don't Want To Make Any Effort [THE MOTION PICTURE]' - I don't think it'd sell very many copies if anyone did, either.

Shamelessly stolen from Facebook:

post-11520-0-82653100-1372594342_thumb.jpg

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 4

Oh, yeah. I mean, sure. Zero effort means not motivated to learn in the first place. Just to be clear on my statements: The newb has motivation: to make games - to be helpful we should encourage that. Every book that has successfully taught me something did so by providing examples that reward me with real results. This is why I hate math books. No effort is put into the WHY I should do something and how I can gain from it.

The argument that tutorials are a wasted effort due to the limited audience is valid. However, this shouldn't deter the community from making it easier for those who do express interest to thrive.

I'm not saying Otto1980 is against the carrot and stick approach. I'm just saying that if he intends to teach assembly at its lowest level there has to be bits of candy for the learner..

..ooh! A piece of candy.. ooh! ..A piece of candy.. .oho! A piece of candy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Ps2L46dUs

chill down.. more than 6 replys here are "lols" or nerdpictures or something

(didnt you guys say you have no time?? looks pics making/posting and hating and destrictive is more fun and the illumination)

stay cool ... noone will claim something from you

i love you all

only one thing !!! HEEELLL WE NEED KISS AND HEART SMILIES HERE !!!! OMG

Just keep doing what you're doing, learning and discovering and when you get stuck ask specific questions. That way you'll not only earn a genuine feeling of accomplishment, you'll also earn respect from your fellow Jaguar coders.

• Like 5

I have to admit I've been a bit of a duffer. I thought Otto was offering the session himself :P

I've found the best way to get information on programming any console is finding the appropriate forums online. Google is your friend. Generally they'll have all the tutorials and links to the toolchain/devkits there.

Please check out the Jaguar Sector II here Otto: http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?

hellooooo.. what on "i revoke my thoughts and ideas on this topic" you dont understand..

no need for respekt.. no need for info... just nothing..

okay.. except my kisses and heart smilies... :-DDDDDDD

and a "remove my messages/thread" or something button :-((((

still love you all.. now even more !!!

keep on coding :-*

I didn't understand much of what you wrote, tbh, it seems a little odd. Your idea for youtube tutorials and your PMs asking jag coders for 1-on-1 skype coding tutorial sessions all seemed just as bemusing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

found it on that page.. hmm.. youbooteee.. or something.. maybe im the first visitor :-D

It looks like they might be doing something along what you are looking for. However they are using the Removers library in Linux which is mostly C? And you are using all asm? Would that be of any help to you?

• 5 weeks later...