IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 5, ROUND 8

I use to be impressed with the amount of animation in the Jag version but since watching the Genesis version closely and noticing that its level of animation seems to be comparable I'm not so impressed anymore. The 3DO version seems like it has a little more animation but I can't really tell and considering the 3do has a megabyte more of memory it should be more noticable than it is IMO.

The score that I submitted earlier was from gameplay this week.

I tried again with the tips that were posted in this thread, and managed to get to the final level (which has a beautiful scenery imo) where I lost the second fight.

post-6068-0-49252800-1373814894_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Have either if you been able to get a combo larger than 3? I'm having a hell of a time trying. It would be awesome if a Primal Rage vet could spend some time with the Jag version and verify that the combo system is not bugged as it is on Genesis.

Someone verified on that link you had that the Jaguar version combo system is bugged. The least loved port I'm telling ya.

Per that FAQ you linked:

7.2.7 Jaguar CD PR

Jaguar CD PR reportedly has somewhat smoother animation than PSX PR, the

trade-off being that Jaguar PR has smaller sprites. Elimination (both

players pick several dinos) and tug-of-war (both players share one big

lifebar) play modes are included. There is no new intro/ending animation.

No combo names, either. The combo system is reportedly altered (read:

"screwed up"); some arcade combos don't work on the Jaguar, and

vice-versa.

Edited by JagChris

Hyper_Eye, the greatest combo that I've ever had was 3, and that was coincidentally.

JagChris, I use the airthrow very often, and when I jump to the enemy I use one of the tailattacks as late as possible.

I am at work right now, and won't be able to play again before the contest is over, but I'm sure that my highscore can be bettered.

The fatalities make the big points, and I wasn't able to finish every fight with a fatality.

I did it. Picture incoming. 592,501! I made it through several at the end. I call foul. When I went against Blizzard and fart boy they have a projectile attack coming at you off the screen right away and it just hits you and you're like wtf......

My greatest was also like a 3 hit combo.

post-3107-0-31515100-1373870659_thumb.jpg