IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

On 3/9/2022 at 6:35 AM, mr_me said:
The CC3 does have bank switching, it's just not compatible with World Series for whatever reason.

Don’t tell my CC3 that… ;-)  For whatever reason (alternate ROM version I guess?) I have no problem playing World Series MLB on mine. Even the other ‘real player names’ version works.

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:20 AM, Games For Your Intellivision said:

The massive amount of emails/requests that have been building up over the previous year he's been away make him less enthusiastic to return.

I can definitely relate.  I'm in a similar situation with my Flashback adapter cables.  It feels a bit overwhelming to go through all the PMs and emails that have been sent over the past 2 (3?) years asking for them.  I have started back down that road though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nurmix said:

I can definitely relate.  I'm in a similar situation with my Flashback adapter cables.  It feels a bit overwhelming to go through all the PMs and emails that have been sent over the past 2 (3?) years asking for them.  I have started back down that road though.

I know the feeling...   I was there with the Overlays and first games of Intelligentvision years ago. Its alot to handle without loseing your mind. Can i suggest making it easier on yourself by just offering a kit? You could just send the parts with instructions and let people build them? That would save you alot of time putting the cables together. I'd be happy with that, as im on your list..lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I know the feeling...   I was there with the Overlays and first games of Intelligentvision years ago. Its alot to handle without loseing your mind. Can i suggest making it easier on yourself by just offering a kit? You could just send the parts with instructions and let people build them? That would save you alot of time putting the cables together. I'd be happy with that, as im on your list..lol.

Definitely happy the cables from @nurmix are still slowly coming along. I'd rather time be taken than burn yourself out, but I am excited. The kit idea may help a lot of people, but I'm not great at soldering since being older and shakier. I rely on others for my recaps etc. these days. If it was a kit only, it would be cool to arrange an official installer you could send them to for assembly. I'm sure any modder can do it, but many are particular about only working on certain systems or products from certain people etc. (or at the very least, things they've done before). I bought a Flashback just for its controllers, in anticipation of this lol. As hard as into controller replacements are to come by, it wouldn't surprise me if these caused the price to go up on them! I'm happy with any solution and wait time that gives me fully working controllers!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 12:46 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

LTO Flash was only $119.  Still cheap compared to the CC3.  Wasn't that one $150?  $125?

You are correct. The Cuttle Cart 3 sold for $150 US. Also, there was no PayPal payment method because the anti-flash cartridge policy was in effect way back then. I still have one today and loathe the software interface. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are correct. The Cuttle Cart 3 sold for $150 US. Also, there was no PayPal payment method because the anti-flash cartridge policy was in effect way back then. I still have one today and loathe the software interface. 

Yeah, the software is horrible. I still have 2 CC3s that I bought from Chad back when they were available. I actually had 4 at one point, but I gave 2 of them away to friends. Oh, and 1 LTO Flash that I have yet to load with games.

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software

Now that I've gone through building the ACC project, it seems to me that it would be pretty easy to have a Pi Pico provide ROM data to the Inty. I have no idea how to interface a Pico to an SD card, though. Off the top of my head, the parts list would be something like:

- Raspberry Pi Pico

- 1x20 headers x 2

- 74LVC245 x 3

- Ferrite bead x 2

- 100nF ceramic capacitor x 3

- IRF4905

- SD card reader

Edit: it looks like there are Micro-SD card readers that the Pi Pico can read over SPI.

Edited by JohnPCAE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnPCAE said:

Now that I've gone through building the ACC project, it seems to me that it would be pretty easy to have a Pi Pico provide ROM data to the Inty. I have no idea how to interface a Pico to an SD card, though.

I have a few Pi Pico, but I have not touched them yet, but I hear tell that Arduino sketches can be a good starting point and simple sketches can almost be converted (ported?) to the Pico. With the many sketch repositories out there maybe a good search will prove to be fruitful. 

Wouldnt it be better to either close this thread or at least change the title? GB wasnt active since 2018 and he never will finish anything, as everybody knows by now. Its may a bit confusing for people who were not here when the big drama happened, but in fact some got refunded, others not. Everything he promised was at last a scam. Sad but true.

30 minutes ago, Ignorama said:

Wouldnt it be better to either close this thread or at least change the title? GB wasnt active since 2018 and he never will finish anything, as everybody knows by now. Its may a bit confusing for people who were not here when the big drama happened, but in fact some got refunded, others not. Everything he promised was at last a scam. Sad but true.

Are you referring to the Amico,or something before that?

• Haha 3

On 3/13/2022 at 10:34 AM, fsuinnc said:

Everyone talks about the CC3 but no one mentions the IntelliCart. I miss my old IntelliCart. (well not really since I have a LTO but at the time of it's release I thought it was amazing).

I still have my Intellicart.  Got it before the CC3 came out.